my predictions for these semi-final games

Eric Ramon

Dec 31, 2015, 4:03:59 PM12/31/15
I think Oklahoma will blow out Clemson in one of those 52-31 games. The Baylor-NC game and the recently concluded Houston-FSU game don't suggest the ACC is all that strong against top opponents.

The late game will probably be an Alabama win. Michigan State should have beaten Oregon by a lot more. They really should have beaten Rutgers by a LOT more! Alabama has weaknesses but they should be able to score and I can't see Michigan State staying with them. It'll be slower than the Okie game so the score will be lower. Alabama 35-20 is my guess.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 31, 2015, 4:06:37 PM12/31/15
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 3:03:59 PM UTC-6, Eric Ramon wrote:
> I think Oklahoma will blow out Clemson in one of those 52-31 games. The Baylor-NC game and the recently concluded Houston-FSU game don't suggest the ACC is all that strong against top opponents.
>
> The late game will probably be an Alabama win. Michigan State should have beaten Oregon by a lot more. They really should have beaten Rutgers by a LOT more! Alabama has weaknesses but they should be able to score and I can't see Michigan State staying with them. It'll be slower than the Okie game so the score will be lower. Alabama 35-20 is my guess.

I agree with the first - so I'm going to Costanza myself and say Clempsum gets it done 21-17

Can't see MSU winning tho - 31-17 'bama

GrtArtiste

Dec 31, 2015, 4:42:36 PM12/31/15
Won't make predictions on Clempsum vs OK, but have to root for Boomer
cuz we have the most shirttail of shirttail ties to an OK player.

I'd be deliriously happy if Sparty pulls off an upset, but I don't
expect one.

May the best teams win.

GrtArtiste

Eric Ramon

Dec 31, 2015, 5:19:48 PM12/31/15
so far your Clempsum pick is looking a lot better than mine

Thomas R. Kettler

Dec 31, 2015, 7:31:35 PM12/31/15
In article <e0b736f2-d1da-4199...@googlegroups.com>,
Here's Bob Stoops major bowl record:

2001 Orange Bowl: beat Florida State 13-2
2002 Cotton Bowl: beat Arkansas 10-3
2003 Rose Bowl: beat Washington State 34-14
2004 Sugar Bowl: lost to LSU 21-14
2005 Orange Bowl: lost to U$C 55-19
(game vacated due to Reggie Bush ineligibilty)
2007 Fiesta Bowl: lost to Boise State 43-42
2008 Fiesta Bowl: lost to West Virginia 48-28
2009 BCS Championship: lost to Florida 24-14
2011 Fiesta Bowl: beat Connecticut 48-20
2013 Cotton Bowl: lost to Texas A&M 41-13
2014 Sugar Bowl: beat Bama Lama 45-31

That's hardly a stellar record.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Eric Ramon

Dec 31, 2015, 7:57:26 PM12/31/15
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 1:03:59 PM UTC-8, Eric Ramon wrote:
> I think Oklahoma will blow out Clemson in one of those 52-31 games. The Baylor-NC game and the recently concluded Houston-FSU game don't suggest the ACC is all that strong against top opponents.
>
> The late game will probably be an Alabama win. Michigan State should have beaten Oregon by a lot more. They really should have beaten Rutgers by a LOT more! Alabama has weaknesses but they should be able to score and I can't see Michigan State staying with them. It'll be slower than the Okie game so the score will be lower. Alabama 35-20 is my guess.

as I predicted, a blowout. I said 21 points, turned out to be 20 but that's close enough.

How Oklahoma won: uh...what?

Wonder if my late game prediction will be as bad.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 31, 2015, 8:12:47 PM12/31/15
Lol......fun game. Clemons ol was quite strong more so than I figured. And their rush d after the first drive was solid. Nice win