Belated French Election Funny

agavi...@gmail.com

May 10, 2017, 5:12:14 PM5/10/17
Someone in the twitters said, "Congratulations to France's first woman president!"

As a caption to a picture of Angela Merkel.

Michael Press

May 10, 2017, 6:14:59 PM5/10/17
In article <6d9c288d-ae62-46a9...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone in the twitters said, "Congratulations to France's first woman president!"
>
> As a caption to a picture of Angela Merkel.

Yes. You know that Marine Le Pen got there first?
‘France Will Be Led By a Woman, Me or Mrs. Merkel’

--
Michael Press

xyzzy

May 11, 2017, 9:26:12 AM5/11/17
On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 5:12:14 PM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Someone in the twitters said, "Congratulations to France's first woman president!"
>
> As a caption to a picture of Angela Merkel.

Kinda like the meme libraloons were spreading after our election, "Congratulations to the new leader of the free world" under a picture of Angela Merkel.

Emperor Wonko the Sane

May 11, 2017, 11:13:25 AM5/11/17
On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 4:12:14 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Someone in the twitters said, "Congratulations to France's first woman president!"
>
> As a caption to a picture of Angela Merkel.

It would be funnier if it were a caption to a picture of Macron.

Doug