Can we all agree

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Dec 29, 2018, 8:59:38 PM12/29/18
UCF deserves a shot before Notre Dame?

Also, we all knew Notre Dame didn’t belong.

Both times.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 29, 2018, 9:20:27 PM12/29/18
Hold up

People ripping on ND tonight saying they didn't "deserve" to be there - bullshit.

5 common opponents w Clemson - and arguably they did better than the Tigers. Clemson did better v Wake, Pitt and FSU - but ND did better v VT and esp v the Syracuse team that probably should have beaten Clemson at Death Valley.

Maybe Georgia can not lose to LSU next year

walstib77

Dec 29, 2018, 9:31:03 PM12/29/18
Yeah, given the agreed-upon "rules," ND deserved to be in.

The "committee" doesn't select based on what was agreed upon though.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 29, 2018, 9:57:04 PM12/29/18
Close enough. ND was much more of a sure pick to me than was bOOmer.

walstib77

Dec 30, 2018, 6:08:54 AM12/30/18
Agreed.

Four teams and a smokey room of milkdrinkers does not a playoff make

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Dec 30, 2018, 6:20:32 AM12/30/18
CheeseDomerHusker?!?!

I’m sticking to my guns here. ND didn’t belong in the playoff ahead of a team like UGA. And, at this point, it appears to be an annual riritual of burnishing the golden dome only to see that the polishing eventually rubs the gold plate off a flimsy tin roof.

walstib77

Dec 30, 2018, 6:37:20 AM12/30/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 6:20:32 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> CheeseDomerHusker?!?!
>
> I’m sticking to my guns here. ND didn’t belong in the playoff ahead of a team like UGA. And, at this point, it appears to be an annual riritual of burnishing the golden dome only to see that the polishing eventually rubs the gold plate off a flimsy tin roof.

Why even play the games? Just vote in August for the champion.

Save a lot of injuries.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2018, 8:48:14 AM12/30/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 5:20:32 AM UTC-6, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> CheeseDomerHusker?!?!
>
> I’m sticking to my guns here. ND didn’t belong in the playoff ahead of a team like UGA. And, at this point, it appears to be an annual riritual of burnishing the golden dome only to see that the polishing eventually rubs the gold plate off a flimsy tin roof.

Sure they did - zero losses. Had UGA not lost to LSU by 20, then maybe the discussion is different - but given their schedule and zero losses, ND was clearly the #3 pick based on results on the field.

The question in my mind was team #4 - tOSU, OU or UCF

Not a fan of ND, but bashing them is silly - we've seen blowouts every single year - it happens - especially so with this year's bowls

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2018, 8:48:52 AM12/30/18
better yet, why not just use recruiting rankings?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 30, 2018, 11:46:48 AM12/30/18
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 17:59:36 -0800 (PST), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>UCF deserves a shot before Notre Dame?
>
>Also, we all knew Notre Dame didn=E2=80=99t belong.=20
>
>Both times.

I can't agree. One of us will have a better argument after the LSU
game - and LSU is just middle of the pack in the SEC West.

As I see the difference UCF plays in the minor leagues and ND plays in
the major leagues. That said, there was little doubt in my mind that
Clemson would find ND easy pickings.

UCF needs to beat some of the royalty if it wants to live in the
palace.

Hugh

J25...@protonmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 12:03:54 PM12/30/18
A better playoff system would be choosing the four teams whose fans cry the most.

dotsla...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 1:27:17 PM12/30/18
Great, an all sec playoff every year.

Never met a group with such a colective case of smallman-itus.

Cheers.

Eric Ramon

Dec 30, 2018, 1:37:03 PM12/30/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 3:20:32 AM UTC-8, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> CheeseDomerHusker?!?!
>
> I’m sticking to my guns here. ND didn’t belong in the playoff ahead of a team like UGA. And, at this point, it appears to be an annual riritual of burnishing the golden dome only to see that the polishing eventually rubs the gold plate off a flimsy tin roof.

even now Georgia has more losses than ND.

J25...@protonmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 1:45:20 PM12/30/18
You should read more of the Ohio State posts. I’m not seeing too much crying from sec fans.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2018, 3:37:00 PM12/30/18
si

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2018, 3:37:53 PM12/30/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 12:45:20 PM UTC-6, J25...@protonmail.com wrote:
> You should read more of the Ohio State posts. I’m not seeing too much crying from sec fans.

On twitter, at least, UGA tears have been flowing long and loud

Michael Press

Dec 30, 2018, 3:59:46 PM12/30/18
In article <77347363-9244-4105...@googlegroups.com>,
I agree that teams play a full conference schedule,
one or zero bowl games and we discuss it for the
next few months.

--
Michael Press

walstib77

Dec 30, 2018, 4:58:46 PM12/30/18
Yes. This is the answer.

walstib77

Dec 30, 2018, 4:59:39 PM12/30/18
And fewer quality wins

walstib77

Dec 30, 2018, 5:00:07 PM12/30/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 1:45:20 PM UTC-5, J25...@protonmail.com wrote:
> You should read more of the Ohio State posts. I’m not seeing too much crying from sec fans.

Really? OP

J25...@protonmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 6:28:50 PM12/30/18
UCF is in the AAC, not the SEC.

J25...@protonmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 6:59:14 PM12/30/18
I’m not on twitter but I’m sure you can find fans of any school who are able to find something to whine about. On this group the school with the loudest crybabies is Ohio State, followed by UCF.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Dec 30, 2018, 7:13:00 PM12/30/18
...and UCF is undefeated.