So, we made some shit up

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Jul 31, 2018, 1:24:08 PM7/31/18
“Documenting [climate change’s] effects on wildlife hasn’t been easy,”

But trust us.

Also, it’s your fault you misunderstood our stated intentions.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33782/fake-news-nat-geo-admits-viral-photo-polar-bear-amanda-prestigiacomo

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 31, 2018, 1:33:47 PM7/31/18
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:24:06 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>=E2=80=9CDocumenting [climate change=E2=80=99s] effects on wildlife hasn=E2=
>=80=99t been easy,=E2=80=9D
>
>But trust us.=20
>
>Also, it=E2=80=99s your fault you misunderstood our stated intentions.=20
>
>https://www.dailywire.com/news/33782/fake-news-nat-geo-admits-viral-photo-p=
>olar-bear-amanda-prestigiacomo

That was a pretty sad looking polar bear.

Then there was the Italian who was a polar bear at his friend's
funeral.

Hugh

Michael Press

Jul 31, 2018, 3:41:38 PM7/31/18
In article <13308ec3-2a8b-4930...@googlegroups.com>,
Polar bear population declined to a dangerous level from over
hunting so a ban went into place except that those who survive
by hunting polar bears are exempt. Now polar bears are going
hungry and getting into human habitations. Need to cull some.

Two kinds of bear: black bear and brown bear. Black bears will
retreat from people. Brown bears such as grizzly bears and polar
bears always charge people.

--
Michael Press

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Jul 31, 2018, 5:00:49 PM7/31/18
Never assume a black bear will run away.

Ever.

Michael Press

Jul 31, 2018, 6:15:55 PM7/31/18
In article <60ba0457-4757-4ff5...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Never assume a black bear will run away.
>
> Ever.

I did not say otherwise.
I did not use the word `run.'
Look in a mirror for the assumption maker.

--
Michael Press

dotsla...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2018, 8:17:34 PM7/31/18
Yeah dumnass. He totally left run for the bear walking away, or even feeezing in place.

You know, like that dude whose kids you were trash talking at the airport. One look at you and he just froze up!

Cheers.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Jul 31, 2018, 9:59:49 PM7/31/18
Look in the mirror for the pedant.

Michael Press

Aug 3, 2018, 6:10:29 PM8/3/18
In article <4b24973a-dc62-47d7...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Look in the mirror for the pedant.

You agree that you put words in my mouth.

--
Michael Press

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 4, 2018, 7:05:04 AM8/4/18
You agree retreat and run away have arguably the same meaning in this context?

You agree as to the meaning of pedant?

We don’t have to agree, but I’m pretty comfortable assuming you’re just a bit uptight about this sort of discussion.

Which, by the way, was meant to point out that the idea that black bears aren’t dangerous is incorrect. Black bears are dangerous.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 4, 2018, 9:06:27 AM8/4/18
On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 04:05:02 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You agree retreat and run away have arguably the same meaning in this conte=
>xt?
>
>You agree as to the meaning of pedant?
>
>We don=E2=80=99t have to agree, but I=E2=80=99m pretty comfortable assuming=
> you=E2=80=99re just a bit uptight about this sort of discussion.=20
>
>Which, by the way, was meant to point out that the idea that black bears ar=
>en=E2=80=99t dangerous is incorrect. Black bears are dangerous.=20

Isn't that racist unless you say Polar bears (white) are dangerous
also?

Hugh

Ken Olson

Aug 4, 2018, 3:41:07 PM8/4/18
Polar bears actually have dark skin.

--
"We're going to fight racism not with racism, but we're going to fight
with solidarity."

"A sword is never a killer. It is a tool in the killer's hand."
- Seneca

"The hate rolls off my back like hygiene off of Michael Moore."
- Ted Nugent

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 4, 2018, 4:50:21 PM8/4/18
On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 15:41:07 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>On 8/4/2018 9:06 AM, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 04:05:02 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
>> <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You agree retreat and run away have arguably the same meaning in this conte=
>>> xt?
>>>
>>> You agree as to the meaning of pedant?
>>>
>>> We don=E2=80=99t have to agree, but I=E2=80=99m pretty comfortable assuming=
>>> you=E2=80=99re just a bit uptight about this sort of discussion.=20
>>>
>>> Which, by the way, was meant to point out that the idea that black bears ar=
>>> en=E2=80=99t dangerous is incorrect. Black bears are dangerous.=20
>>
>> Isn't that racist unless you say Polar bears (white) are dangerous
>> also?
>>
>> Hugh
>>

>Polar bears actually have dark skin.

That's as close as I plan to come to one.

Hugh