does anyone actually give washington.....

michael anderson

Aug 24, 2018, 1:41:35 PM8/24/18

a shot to win next saturday?

Auburn seems much too big, strong, and physical for them.

The last time Washington played a big, strong, fast, physical team in atlanta the results werent pretty...for them.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 24, 2018, 1:45:58 PM8/24/18
And just like that, the season crashes and burns.

unclejr

Aug 24, 2018, 1:54:46 PM8/24/18
On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 12:45:58 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> And just like that, the season crashes and burns.

Your team is so doomed.

The NOTBCS Guy

Aug 24, 2018, 8:51:36 PM8/24/18
A chance? Yes. First games of the season can be tough to call; you never know what's going to happen.

That being said, if you can get Auburn at only 2 1/2 points at -110, smart money says go for it - especially in Auburn's backyard. Never underestimate the power of the crowd.

Eric Ramon

Aug 24, 2018, 10:05:00 PM8/24/18
I notice all of these SEC neutral site games are not neutral at all. They're all somewhere in the South. LSU vs Wisconsin in Houston. Texas A&M vs Arizona State in Houston. Next year, Auburn vs Oregon in Arlington. Why not in California?

I also notice that when LSU went out of the South to play Wisconsin the Badgers won. So that might keep SEC teams out of the North for awhile.

But this game, Washington vs Auburn, is in Georgia. It's absurd to call that a neutral field. An hour and a half drive, a game, home for dinner vs a long plane ride, hotel accomodations, then the flight back.

It's nearly twice as far from Seattle to Portland as it is from Auburn to Atlanta. So, if Auburn is good (ranked 9th) then why is this make or break for the Pac-12? Auburn *should* win with the game this close to the campus.

Ken Olson

Aug 24, 2018, 10:06:29 PM8/24/18
How often do SEC teams come north of the Mason-Dixon?

--
"We're going to fight racism not with racism, but we're going to fight
with solidarity."

"A sword is never a killer. It is a tool in the killer's hand."
- Seneca

"The hate rolls off my back like hygiene off of Michael Moore."
- Ted Nugent

michael anderson

Aug 24, 2018, 11:10:48 PM8/24/18
On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 9:05:00 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:

> I notice all of these SEC neutral site games are not neutral at all. They're all somewhere in the South. LSU vs Wisconsin in Houston. Texas A&M vs Arizona State in Houston. Next year, Auburn vs Oregon in Arlington. Why not in California?

because the sec teams in these things are more in a position of power being the stronger richer bigger drawing program.

> I also notice that when LSU went out of the South to play Wisconsin the Badgers won. So that might keep SEC teams out of the North for awhile.
>
> But this game, Washington vs Auburn, is in Georgia. It's absurd to call that a neutral field. An hour and a half drive, a game, home for dinner vs a long plane ride, hotel accomodations, then the flight back.
>
> It's nearly twice as far from Seattle to Portland as it is from Auburn to Atlanta. So, if Auburn is good (ranked 9th) then why is this make or break for the Pac-12? Auburn *should* win with the game this close to the campus.

because washington is the one sorta highly thought of pac12 team and an early season loss would really hurt their playoff chances...and then who does that leave? Keep in mind this for a conference that was pretty much eliminated very early in the season last year wrt playoffs...

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 25, 2018, 10:04:39 AM8/25/18
It might even sway Washington’s way. We’re here this weekend and debating bringing the kids back next weekend. There are tons of tickets available and lots of UGA and SPUAT fans that would go to a cheap game in ATL and FOR SURE root against Auburn.

Might you hear an SEC SEC chant if AU won? Sure, but you can bet there would be quite a non-AU contingent rooting against them during the game. All those corporate tickets aren’t going to AU fans.

michael anderson

Aug 25, 2018, 10:38:36 AM8/25/18
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 9:04:39 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> It might even sway Washington’s way. We’re here this weekend and debating bringing the kids back next weekend. There are tons of tickets available and lots of UGA and SPUAT fans that would go to a cheap game in ATL and FOR SURE root against Auburn.
>
> Might you hear an SEC SEC chant if AU won? Sure, but you can bet there would be quite a non-AU contingent rooting against them during the game. All those corporate tickets aren’t going to AU fans.

lmao....Alabama fans are going to watch THEIR game that kicks off immediately after the auburn game. Not be stuck in traffic or in marta lines trying to get home, even for the ones who live near atl. It's cute to think that a team that has won 5 of the last 9 national titles is so invested in what another sec school does that they would miss their teams opener to root against another progam, but uh no.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 25, 2018, 12:25:06 PM8/25/18
Strange that the Rose Bowl is played in CA every year...

Hugh

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Aug 25, 2018, 12:38:25 PM8/25/18
Who knows? Auburn is such a yo-yo program that they could be great or they could stink up the joint.

Doug

dnrapp

Aug 25, 2018, 1:03:24 PM8/25/18
It is a Bowl game not a regular season game. The Sugar Bowl is played in NO every year, why don't they play it in Detroit?

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 25, 2018, 1:11:18 PM8/25/18
Everybody loves a fresh new Bammer dick bag.

Like I keep up when your cheating-ass team is playing.

unclejr

Aug 25, 2018, 1:33:01 PM8/25/18
Two teams in the Pac-12 have a decide home field advantage at the Rose Bowl, and only one of those two teams has actually been in it a lot since 1999.

michael anderson

Aug 25, 2018, 1:39:44 PM8/25/18
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 12:11:18 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Everybody loves a fresh new Bammer dick bag.
>
> Like I keep up when your cheating-ass team is playing.

dude, keep up in the thread...*you* were the one who made the initial wild ass suggestion. I didn't say anything about auburn fans watching or not watching bama.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 26, 2018, 10:28:19 AM8/26/18
You are Alabama and SEC. Why wouldn't I want you to win this game?

I want both of us to be undefeated for the Iron Bowl.

I'm sorry if that makes you unhappy.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 26, 2018, 10:36:31 AM8/26/18
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:03:22 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:
But the premise to which I responded was Southern teams not playing in
the north - not regular or bowl games. Since the conferences locked up
seems like the game would be be played in MI or OH every other year. I
was just showing the hypocrisy of the mote in his eye.

>The Sugar Bowl is played in NO every year, why don't they play it in Detroit?

Because one should not have to have skis to play the game in case of
weather. Better, Why doesn't Detroit or Columbus have a bowl game in
December? I think the north intelligently ceded to the warm weather
South in that War Between the States.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 26, 2018, 10:42:31 AM8/26/18
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:32:58 -0700 (PDT), unclejr
<wats...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Two teams in the Pac-12 have a decide home field advantage at the Rose Bowl, and only one of those two teams has actually been in it a lot since 1999.

...while NO teams in the other conference have the home field
advantage at the Rose Bowel.

And I'll bet it is a far from Ann Arbor to Pasadena as it is from
Pasadena to Ann Arbor. Would that be a good bet, mia?

I could have used Columbus but Coach Urban Liar might not have liked
it.

My response was solely a rebuke to the hypocrisy of Southern teams not
playing in the north during Eskimo season and the mileage used as an
excuse.

Hugh

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 26, 2018, 11:37:11 AM8/26/18
Dickbag Bammer, keep up in the thread.

I didn’t say anything about the Dickbag contingent of Bammers watching / not watching their game.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 26, 2018, 11:40:10 AM8/26/18
Well, yeah, but you aren’t the typical sidewalk Bammer Dickbag. Our little front runner here likes to envision himself a winner now.

dnrapp

Aug 26, 2018, 12:23:17 PM8/26/18
You are the one who seems to be comparing the location of regular season games and the location of bowl games. They play Bowl games in mostly warmer locations as a reward for the regular season. Even though some of the Bowl games played in the South sure look like they are being played in freezing weather. By the way Detroit does have a Bowl game in December and it is played in better conditions than the Bowl game that is being played in Birmingham.

michael anderson

Aug 26, 2018, 12:42:53 PM8/26/18
On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 10:37:11 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Dickbag Bammer, keep up in the thread.
>
> I didn’t say anything about the Dickbag contingent of Bammers watching / not watching their game.

go fuck yourself. I generally try to be respectful to everyone, including you.

what you did say was the following:

"There are tons of tickets available and lots of UGA and SPUAT fans that would go to a cheap game in ATL and FOR SURE root against Auburn"

I called you out on such obvious bullshit and rightly pointed out that Alabama fans are going to prefer to watch their team play than travel to Atlanta to watch auburn play. Obviously if Alabama fans are going to Atlanta to watch a game that is supposed to conclude when the bama game starts, they are going to be not watching all of their game.

you constantly post shit related to bama with no basis; then when called out about it spin into tangential bullshit mostly unrelated to your initial asinine claim.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 26, 2018, 12:43:16 PM8/26/18
I would equate the “conditions” of Detroit and Birmingham as equal. Although, there are a few things to do in Detroit and the field is nicer.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 26, 2018, 12:46:37 PM8/26/18
Whatever Dickbag.

Since I know more Alabama and UGA fans in Atlanta than you, I’ll stand by my assertion.

Since I’ve still been to more Alabama games than you, I’ll stand by my assertion.

Besides, you’re wrong more often than you’re right.

So, LOL.

Dickbag.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 26, 2018, 2:08:58 PM8/26/18
On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 08:40:07 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Well, yeah, but you aren=E2=80=99t the typical sidewalk Bammer Dickbag. Our=
> little front runner here likes to envision himself a winner now.

I really don't want to be one of the Bama is the greatest ever fans
except in response to someone dissing Bama.

Bama often has an excellent team and it's usually been a pleasure to
follow them since Warren Averitte played center for Bama in the late
30s - and Billy Cadenhead in the late 40s. I knew both before they
went to college although they were ahead of me in high school.

But life and sports are pendulums and cycle - and I don't need to be
riminded of the Ears Whitworth years.

Plus, I think teams are often regarded by outsiders based on how we
act as fans. I thoroughly enjoyed attending games in T-town and
hearing fans say it was one of the nicest places their team ever
played.

I guess it takes all kinds...

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 26, 2018, 2:26:08 PM8/26/18
On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 09:23:14 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>You are the one who seems to be comparing the location of regular season ga=
>mes and the location of bowl games.

Regular and bowl makes no difference in my response - weather does. If
it was sensible to play bowl games in the north in winter the north
would get it done. That they don't is revealing.

>They play Bowl games in mostly warmer l=
>ocations as a reward for the regular season.

I'm sorry playing them in the north would not be a reward. I guess
they never heard of domed stadiums like in TX and NOLA.

>Even though some of the Bowl g=
>ames played in the South sure look like they are being played in freezing w=
>eather.

I've never seen it snow in NOLA but I have seen ice in north FL. My
problem is not so much freezing weather as it is footing. Snow
handicaps better players - even those used to it. You don't run a 9.9
100 with snow on the track - and good luck holding or busting a block.
It is almost comedic.

>By the way Detroit does have a Bowl game in December and it is play=
>ed in better conditions than the Bowl game that is being played in Birmingh=
>am.

I have been to Detroit several times on business. I don't remember
short sleeves being comfortable on any trip and I have played football
on frozen ground barefooted. It was in the high 80s in B'ham for the
high school games yesterday.

If it was sensible for fans and teams to plays games of national
import in snow it would already be happening regardless of geography.

Hugh

dnrapp

Aug 26, 2018, 9:42:13 PM8/26/18
On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 11:26:08 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 09:23:14 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

> >You are the one who seems to be comparing the location of regular season ga=
> >mes and the location of bowl games.
>
> Regular and bowl makes no difference in my response - weather does. If
> it was sensible to play bowl games in the north in winter the north
> would get it done. That they don't is revealing.
>
> >They play Bowl games in mostly warmer l=
> >ocations as a reward for the regular season.
>
> I'm sorry playing them in the north would not be a reward. I guess
> they never heard of domed stadiums like in TX and NOLA.

They have a dome in both Detroit and Minneapolis.

> >Even though some of the Bowl g=
> >ames played in the South sure look like they are being played in freezing w=
> >eather.
>
> I've never seen it snow in NOLA but I have seen ice in north FL. My
> problem is not so much freezing weather as it is footing. Snow
> handicaps better players - even those used to it. You don't run a 9.9
> 100 with snow on the track - and good luck holding or busting a block.
> It is almost comedic.
>
> >By the way Detroit does have a Bowl game in December and it is play=
> >ed in better conditions than the Bowl game that is being played in Birmingh=
> >am.
>
> I have been to Detroit several times on business. I don't remember
> short sleeves being comfortable on any trip and I have played football
> on frozen ground barefooted. It was in the high 80s in B'ham for the
> high school games yesterday.

as it was in Detroit yesterday.

> If it was sensible for fans and teams to plays games of national
> import in snow it would already be happening regardless of geography.
>
> Hugh

I remember seeing Cotton Bowls being played in snow and ice storms, Notre Dame with Joe Montana comes to mind. They played a Super Bowl outdoors in New Jersey a couple of years ago. I can all ready hear you complaining that the Championship game will be played outdoors in Santa Clara this season, where it is in the 40's at night in Jan.

Ken Olson

Aug 26, 2018, 10:04:21 PM8/26/18
There's a dome in Marquette.
http://www.nmuwildcats.com/information/superior_dome

unclejr

Aug 26, 2018, 11:56:12 PM8/26/18
On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 10:40:10 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Well, yeah, but you aren’t the typical sidewalk Bammer Dickbag. Our little front runner here likes to envision himself a winner now.

Triggered.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 27, 2018, 10:29:44 AM8/27/18
On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 18:42:10 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 11:26:08 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:

>> I'm sorry playing them in the north would not be a reward. I guess
>> they never heard of domed stadiums like in TX and NOLA.
>>=20
>
>They have a dome in both Detroit and Minneapolis.

So two football giants played a bowl game in Detroit in 2017 - a team
coached by a former assistant director of the athletic dormitory at
Bama whipped the Sled Pullers 36-14.

>> I have been to Detroit several times on business. I don't remember
>> short sleeves being comfortable on any trip and I have played football
>> on frozen ground barefooted. It was in the high 80s in B'ham for the
>> high school games yesterday.
>>=20
>
>as it was in Detroit yesterday.

It's that climate problem everyone is talking about. I need some
Detroit ouzo from the Greek community there.

>I remember seeing Cotton Bowls being played in snow and ice storms, Notre D=
>ame with Joe Montana comes to mind.

One son has lived in TX for more than 30 years and a grandson lived
there for about 3. All total I think they saw 2-3 snows. Your rare
instance is not a basis. Of course playing in 100 degree weather is
not advisable either.

>They played a Super Bowl outdoors in Ne=
>w Jersey a couple of years ago. I can all ready hear you complaining that t=
>he Championship game will be played outdoors in Santa Clara this season, wh=
>ere it is in the 40's at night in Jan.

Then you need to be checked by an audiologist quickly.

Snow melts at 40 degrees and I don't think football should be played
on a muddy field for the same reason - it handicaps talent.

All your opinion says is that northern teams need the handicap of poor
footing to compete with Southern teams. You may be right.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 27, 2018, 10:38:44 AM8/27/18
On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 22:04:20 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:
My sole position in this thread is that football should not be played
in conditions that handicap talent. To a large degree football is
based on speed and deception. Harsh winter weather handicaps both -
and 3 digit temps can kill.

Weather is not a factor in a domed stadium which makes me wonder why
some MAJOR bowl games are not played in the north. Bama fans filled
the stadium in HI - the drive to Ann Arbor or Columbus would be much
easier since no pontoons would be required for cars.

Hugh

Ken Olson

Aug 27, 2018, 11:15:21 AM8/27/18
What about the talent of playing well in adverse conditions?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 27, 2018, 12:30:44 PM8/27/18
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:15:20 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>What about the talent of playing well in adverse conditions?

No team plays well with snow on the ground or when muddy. They play,
everyone laughs at the pratfalls and some team wins.

Hugh

dnrapp

Aug 27, 2018, 7:04:42 PM8/27/18
So you think that football should follow baseballs rules and stop playing when it rains?

Eric Ramon

Aug 27, 2018, 7:20:42 PM8/27/18
I've learned today that it always rains and snows in Northern areas, even in September, thus SEC teams can't be expected to play outside the South.

Ken Olson

Aug 27, 2018, 7:54:44 PM8/27/18
Spartans revel in what others consider adverse conditions.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 28, 2018, 8:55:09 AM8/28/18
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:04:39 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>So you think that football should follow baseballs rules and stop playing when it rains?

It would depend on field conditions. When injury is possible caused
solely by lack of secure footing, players safety should get the
highest consideration.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 28, 2018, 8:59:35 AM8/28/18
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:20:40 -0700 (PDT), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I've learned today that it always rains and snows in Northern areas, even in September, thus SEC teams can't be expected to play outside the South.

If Southern teams were not the best they could not get away with
dictating the terms.

Rule #7 - Discover something that is not often done and blame losses
on that. Losers always need an out.

Hugh

dnrapp

Aug 28, 2018, 6:47:53 PM8/28/18
Then why did Alabama take out the artificial turf and put real grass back in? If they need an optional playing surface to highlight the speed and talent of the players wouldn't artificial turf be the best surface to play on and not real grass which has all kinds of built in problems preventing players for playing at their full potential.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 28, 2018, 9:14:21 PM8/28/18
Turf is hard on bodies.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 29, 2018, 12:14:09 PM8/29/18
On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 15:47:49 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 5:55:09 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:04:39 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>=20
>> >So you think that football should follow baseballs rules and stop playin=
>g when it rains?
>>=20
>> It would depend on field conditions. When injury is possible caused
>> solely by lack of secure footing, players safety should get the
>> highest consideration.
>>=20
>> Hugh
>
>Then why did Alabama take out the artificial turf and put real grass back i=
>n? If they need an optional playing surface to highlight the speed and tale=
>nt of the players wouldn't artificial turf be the best surface to play on a=
>nd not real grass which has all kinds of built in problems preventing playe=
>rs for playing at their full potential.

It is my understanding that turf causes more injuries than a well-kept
grass field. In my era grass fields had potholes. The home team had an
advantage because they knew where most of them were.

But I am talking about weather extremes - snow, ice, heat. People here
are trying to change the parameter to more moderate conditions and
make that my point.

Hugh

dnrapp

Aug 30, 2018, 1:01:07 AM8/30/18
There is more likely to be extreme heat in the south that would be harmful to player performance in Sept that there is extreme cold in Sept in the north. Or else you are saying that the best conditions to play football in Sept is a place that is not too cold, not too hot and doesn't rain. I think that Northern California fits that description to the tea. Just about he only major southern teams to play in Northern California in Sept in the last 25 years that I can remember are Miami, Texas, Tennessee and this year North Carolina.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 30, 2018, 10:06:00 AM8/30/18
On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 22:01:04 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>There is more likely to be extreme heat in the south that would be harmful =
>to player performance in Sept that there is extreme cold in Sept in the nor=
>th.

Agreed - and Northern teams used to 0-60 degree weather are foolish to
try to play when it is 120 degrees on the field.

>Or else you are saying that the best conditions to play football in Sep=
>t is a place that is not too cold, not too hot and doesn't rain. I think th=
>at Northern California fits that description to the tea. Just about he only=
> major southern teams to play in Northern California in Sept in the last 25=
> years that I can remember are Miami, Texas, Tennessee and this year North =
>Carolina.

In a domed stadium it doesn't matter where the game is played. Bama
has possibly played more northern teams than almost any other team
over the years. Home and home with Penn State and Nebraska were
outstanding.

Most northern teams are too haughty to play smaller schools and give
them the largest payday they will ever have to help them improve their
programs. But they don't hesitate to use that as an excuse for getting
beat in championship games.

I suspect most years LA Tech and Grambling would give a few teams in
the BIG TEAT Conf. a good game. I suppose that's why northerm teams
schedule each other.

Hugh

Michael Press

Aug 30, 2018, 3:32:36 PM8/30/18
In article <5b87f5d6...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

[...]

When a SEC team plays at a neutral site,
then the neutral site is always in the south.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 30, 2018, 3:41:27 PM8/30/18
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 12:32:30 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:
Please don't tell anybody.

Hugh

Ken Olson

Aug 30, 2018, 3:56:36 PM8/30/18
Mebee MSU should have made a deal with tOSU to play Bama in Columbus?
That's in the South to me. :)

Michael Press

Aug 30, 2018, 5:49:07 PM8/30/18
In article <5b884853....@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 12:32:30 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <5b87f5d6...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:
> >

> >[...]
> >
> >When a SEC team plays at a neutral site,
> >then the neutral site is always in the south.
> >
> >--
> >Michael Press
>
> Please don't tell anybody.

You done been told twice.

--
Michael Press

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 30, 2018, 6:16:45 PM8/30/18
I’m pretty sure anyone can go rent Yankee stadium and setup a bowl.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 31, 2018, 9:20:08 AM8/31/18
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 15:56:35 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>Mebee MSU should have made a deal with tOSU to play Bama in Columbus?
>That's in the South to me. :)

I ain'ta gonna badmouth MSU.

Hugh

JGibson

Aug 31, 2018, 10:06:27 AM8/31/18
On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 1:41:35 PM UTC-4, michael anderson wrote:
> a shot to win next saturday?
>
> Auburn seems much too big, strong, and physical for them.
>
> The last time Washington played a big, strong, fast, physical team in atlanta the results werent pretty...for them.

Maxime Hame savors Washington:

6 Washington (+1.5) vs. No. 9 Auburn — Atlanta: I’m high on Washington this season, as its my grab to take the Pac-12 and operate a College Soccer Playoff berth. Plenty of the the reason why I savor Washington could perchance moreover just level-headed visual show unit up in this basic conflict against Auburn in Atlanta on Saturday.Washington is a talented and experienced group. It has 17 returning starters, including a senior quarterback in Jake Browning, a talented running abet in Myles Gaskin and most of its offensive line. It also returns 9 gamers on a spacious defense, including most of the line of defense — and that’s where I survey Washington’s very finest advantage in this game. Auburn has an improbable line of defense as effectively, but the Tigers have one in every of the least experienced offensive lines within the nation. That is one thing I query Washington and its defense so as to resolve advantage of. Washington 31, Auburn 27

Some dued

Aug 31, 2018, 1:12:29 PM8/31/18
Well said.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 31, 2018, 1:25:25 PM8/31/18
> but the Tigers have one in every of the least
> experienced offensive lines within the nation

doomed

JGibson

Aug 31, 2018, 1:52:00 PM8/31/18
Especially against 9 gamers on a spacious defense.

Ken Olson

Aug 31, 2018, 3:58:04 PM8/31/18

JGibson

Aug 31, 2018, 4:02:16 PM8/31/18
Just to amuse myself, I Google Translated the above gobbley-gook to Arabic and then back to English. Football became football again:

Atlanta: I'm high in Washington this season, getting ready for a Pac-12 ride and running the Playoff College football platform. Many of the reasons why I tasted Washington could turn into a visual display unit at a higher level in this fundamental conflict against Auburn in Atlanta on Saturday. Washington is a talented and experienced group. She has 17 junior players, including a prominent player in Jake Browning, a talented professional at Miles Gaskin and most of her offensive line. It also brings 9 players back to a wide defense, including most of the defense line - and this is where I explore the best feature in Washington in this game. Auburn has an unlikely defense line, but the Tigers have one in each of the less experienced offensive lines within the nation. This is something that Washington is questioning and defending to solve. Washington 31, Auburn

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 31, 2018, 5:21:22 PM8/31/18
wrote:

>You are the one who seems to be comparing the location of regular season ga=
>mes and the location of bowl games. They play Bowl games in mostly warmer l=
>ocations as a reward for the regular season. Even though some of the Bowl g=
>ames played in the South sure look like they are being played in freezing w=
>eather. By the way Detroit does have a Bowl game in December and it is play=
>ed in better conditions than the Bowl game that is being played in Birmingh=
>am.

I don't think golf tournaments or b'ball should be played in snow. And
I have some doubts about having the NCAA diving tournaments on a
frozen lake - maybe water skiing would be easier.

So why football? Just for laughs?

Hugh

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 31, 2018, 5:27:59 PM8/31/18
> Atlanta: I'm high in Washington

That’s about right

dnrapp

Sep 1, 2018, 2:49:48 AM9/1/18
They have fall and spring parts of College golf so they do play in Oct and March outside when the weather can be cold and windy. (The birthplace of golf is a cold and windy place) Basketball was invented to be played indoors. I have seen swimming and diving meets in which the swimmers and divers put on these big oversized coats as soon as they get out of the water and you can see their breath while they are sitting poolside.

Football was invented in a place that was cold and not in some insect invested swamp country that most of the south is made up of.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Sep 1, 2018, 8:32:14 AM9/1/18
On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 23:49:45 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>They have fall and spring parts of College golf so they do play in Oct and =
>March outside when the weather can be cold and windy. (The birthplace of go=
>lf is a cold and windy place) Basketball was invented to be played indoors.=
> I have seen swimming and diving meets in which the swimmers and divers put=
> on these big oversized coats as soon as they get out of the water and you =
>can see their breath while they are sitting poolside.

You keep trying to modify what I say. Cold and windy and seeing one's
breath are not extreme weather conditions.

In IN and KY more b'ball is played outdoors than in. Almost every
house with a kid has an outside goal. Several parks have a b'ball
court.

>Football was invented in a place that was cold and not in some insect inves=
>ted swamp country that most of the south is made up of.

You need to visit the South sometime but it would cause a revision of
your misstatement.

Hugh

Futbol Phan

Sep 1, 2018, 10:25:02 AM9/1/18
And games were never played in August, and rarely in September. It was an October/November game played under fall/early winter conditions