Analysis of ancient Egyptian mummies DNA.

Michael Press

May 31, 2017, 3:35:50 PM5/31/17

<https://m.phys.org/news/2017-05-genome-ancient-egyptian-mummies.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/ycpuahyx>

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 31, 2017, 7:01:16 PM5/31/17
On Wed, 31 May 2017 12:35:46 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>| An international team of scientists, led by researchers from the
>| University of Tuebingen and the Max Planck Institute for the
>| Science of Human History in Jena, successfully recovered and
>| analyzed ancient DNA from Egyptian mummies dating from
>| approximately 1400 BCE to 400 CE, including the first genome-wide
>| nuclear data from three individuals, establishing ancient
>| Egyptian mummies as a reliable source for genetic material to
>| study the ancient past. The study, published today in Nature
>| Communications, found that modern Egyptians share more ancestry
>| with Sub-Saharan Africans than ancient Egyptians did, whereas
>| ancient Egyptians were found to be most closely related to
>| ancient people from the Near East.

The account I saw mentioned a slightly wider area than the Near East -
Europe also. I did not see the Haplogroup - it was probably well
before R1a.

The area should be near where the Tigris and Euphrates join to form
the Garden of Eden.

Some later theories postulate that the human exodus was to, not from,
Africa, however it is not really mainstream yet.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com