Car dealer trying to back out...

jim brown

Jun 2, 2017, 1:36:13 AM6/2/17
So a friend of mine asked me to co-sign her car note for about $10000 (she put $6000 down, but her credit is crap)

So on May 17 we went to the car dealer and gave them all the needed info, and they came back almost instantly approved (her interest, if they would have even given her the loan was going to be 18%, with me on there it dropped to 4.25).

So we signed the purchase agreement, the loan papers, all the disclosure stuff, and he even came waaaay down on the extended warranty so I told her to take it (5 yr powertrain full P/L for $1000 on a Ford Taurus, down from his original quote of $2600, which shows you how much profit is written into those things).

All done, we drove the car home.

Two weeks later, today, they call her and say the loan can't be approved. She was driving and wanted them to talk to me anyway, but they asked her where she worked (greene co) and where I farmed(she told them greene co, which is true but I also farm in Dallas co which is where dealership is)...they then said they can't do the loan.

I presume it was a Credit union and maybe they just got to it, or they audited the loan and maybe their parameters only allow loans for those who live or work in Dallas and a few other counties.

So I don't think its going to be a problem...but...

Can they renege on a contract? We never gave false info, ie, they knew where we were from and where we worked. To me, this is their F/U and if there is a problem, to effing bad. This is why we sign contracts. If the tables were turned, its highly doubtful they would cancel the contract at our say so...

it will be interesting tomorrow.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 2, 2017, 6:36:14 AM6/2/17
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 22:36:11 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>So a friend of mine asked me to co-sign her car note for about $10000 (she =
>put $6000 down, but her credit is crap)

My first thought is that it is not a wise move to co-sign for anyone
unless you are prepared to pay off the balance.

In my opinion a seller has the right to refuse to sell to anyone
although not after being told the deal was done.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

xyzzy

Jun 2, 2017, 9:16:48 AM6/2/17
Yes they can.

I bet among the papers she signed was a conditional delivery agreement that said all was contingent on the loan being approved.

It's a common practice called spot delivery. Usually happens because dealers want to get you in the car when the banks are closed (like on the weekend).

More here: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/06/spot-delivery-needs-go-away-now/

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 2, 2017, 11:39:27 AM6/2/17
That's interesting - and the customer I presume, is liable for depreciation incurred?

jim brown

Jun 2, 2017, 5:19:30 PM6/2/17
On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 8:16:48 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
Twas a thurday morning. It was all planned and pre-approved.

She called them back today and left a message and they never got back to her. I'm thinking it was some sort of mix up. Or else my theory about the parameters of the Credit Union.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 3, 2017, 8:24:00 AM6/3/17
On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:19:27 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>She called them back today and left a message and they never got back to he=
>r. I'm thinking it was some sort of mix up. Or else my theory about the p=
>arameters of the Credit Union.

If they were supposed to get back and did not, why don't you get back?

jim brown

Jun 3, 2017, 9:58:17 AM6/3/17
On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 7:24:00 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:19:27 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
> <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >She called them back today and left a message and they never got back to he=
> >r. I'm thinking it was some sort of mix up. Or else my theory about the p=
> >arameters of the Credit Union.
>
> If they were supposed to get back and did not, why don't you get back?

She left them a couple messages. This seems like their problem, not ours, at this point.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 3, 2017, 11:11:39 AM6/3/17
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 06:58:13 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 7:24:00 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:19:27 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
>> <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >She called them back today and left a message and they never got back to he=
>> >r. I'm thinking it was some sort of mix up. Or else my theory about the p=
>> >arameters of the Credit Union.
>>
>> If they were supposed to get back and did not, why don't you get back?
>>

>She left them a couple messages. This seems like their problem, not ours, at this point.

By not getting back with you IMO they are being rude, insulting and,
in effect, telling you to perform an impossible act.

I have never found that tolerable - I always follow up. But, you have
to be yourself, not me.

Michael Press

Jun 6, 2017, 2:22:40 PM6/6/17
In article <7dc586a1-48ae-4fa5...@googlegroups.com>,
Did this resolve in any way?

--
Michael Press

jim brown

Jun 7, 2017, 12:02:36 AM6/7/17
Have never heard back from them, even after she left several messages. Wondering if there was some sort of mix up with someone of a similar name (very common) and a more recent purchase or potential purchase.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 6:13:17 AM6/7/17
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 21:02:35 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Have never heard back from them, even after she left several messages. Won=
>dering if there was some sort of mix up with someone of a similar name (ver=
>y common) and a more recent purchase or potential purchase.

I'm wondering if anyone else lets this sort of situation go
unresolved. It might not be resolved in my favor but a
meeting/confrontation would have happened some time ago.

As a matter of fact my wife is in such a situation at the moment. She
avoids confrontation and may let it drop - I will not. Life is not a
popularity contest.

xyzzy

Jun 7, 2017, 9:17:20 AM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 6:13:17 AM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 21:02:35 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
> <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Have never heard back from them, even after she left several messages. Won=
> >dering if there was some sort of mix up with someone of a similar name (ver=
> >y common) and a more recent purchase or potential purchase.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else lets this sort of situation go
> unresolved. It might not be resolved in my favor but a
> meeting/confrontation would have happened some time ago.
>
> As a matter of fact my wife is in such a situation at the moment. She
> avoids confrontation and may let it drop - I will not. Life is not a
> popularity contest.

He has a contract and legal title to the car. the longer this goes on the more the car depreciates and the dealer won't want it back. Time is on his side.

I suspect he's right that they just called the wrong person.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 10:46:38 AM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 06:17:18 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:
To me not letting the dealer get away with not responding TO ME is the
important matter. If I have to go out of my way to resolve it, so be
it.

For instance, the county clerks office returned $1 to my wife Saturday
but the check was unsigned. I called an hour ago and let the phone
ring 50 times. I called another number and asked if no one there was
intelligent enough to answer the phone. They reported the office was
closed. I responded that the imbeciles should have said that instead
of all the gobbledygook. I'm sitting here waiting for a call telling
me I was rude so I can finish telling them what I think.

jim brown

Jun 7, 2017, 2:15:14 PM6/7/17
Bingo. Plus I'm a very busy man this time of year. Don't feel like poking the bear only to have to go jump through more hoops when I should be working.

jim brown

Jun 7, 2017, 2:16:35 PM6/7/17
None of this shows you to be better at handling situations directly. It just shows you to be an asshole. Good work!

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 2:41:09 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:16:33 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>None of this shows you to be better at handling situations directly. It just shows you to be an asshole. Good work!

No it just shows I can and will follow up on problems.

And it shows you as a coward or a lazy bum or not intelligent enough
to know what to do when explained to you and who is afraid to solve
the problem one way or the other.

Thank you for playing, boy.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 2:43:27 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:15:09 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Bingo. Plus I'm a very busy man this time of year. Don't feel like poking the bear only to have to go jump through more hoops when I should be working.

That's what you should have responded to me - but asshole must run in
your family.

xyzzy

Jun 7, 2017, 2:46:27 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 2:41:09 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:16:33 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
> <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >None of this shows you to be better at handling situations directly. It just shows you to be an asshole. Good work!
>
> No it just shows I can and will follow up on problems.
>
> And it shows you as a coward or a lazy bum or not intelligent enough
> to know what to do when explained to you and who is afraid to solve
> the problem one way or the other.
>
> Thank you for playing, boy.

I can't understand how you can get so wound up over how a man you don't even know chooses to approach his paperwork problem with the dealer.

If I give him advice and he doesn't take it I shrug. Why do you have to turn into a nasty name-caller?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 5:26:06 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:46:25 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:16:33 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
>> <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> >None of this shows you to be better at handling situations directly. It just shows you to be an asshole. Good work!

>I can't understand how you can get so wound up over how a man you don't even know chooses to approach his paperwork problem with the dealer.

Most people I know would have handled the problem quickly and simply.
Win or lose there would have been closure.

I don't understand how he can let it fall through the crack - it shows
a lot of weakness. That's one of this country's great problems - no
one follows up and no one solves anything.

>If I give him advice and he doesn't take it I shrug. Why do you have to turn into a nasty name-caller?

I presume you are speaking about Jim who called me an asshole.

Ken Olson

Jun 7, 2017, 10:06:39 PM6/7/17

xyzzy

Jun 7, 2017, 10:19:54 PM6/7/17

jim brown

Jun 7, 2017, 11:49:53 PM6/7/17
You let a phone ring 50 times and are going to go chew butt over an unsigned $1 check. One dollar, Hugh. Life is too short to act like a child all the time. You could instead throw the $1 check in the trash and screw up their accounting system...but NOOO. Like always on here, you seem to have a need to prove how much of a man you are...I would guess you've gone through life with a small penis and this is how you compensate for it. Or else you are just an asshole. Or both, which would be my bet.

I explained above that I am very busy this time of year (100+ hour work weeks since April 1). The work I do now pays 10-fold, sometimes 100-fold for my time, but its timelines is crucial.

Like Xy said, we have the car and have done due diligence to help them with their problem.

And I was proven right today, btw. They finally called me back and said the credit union they financed through doesn't deal with people in my county, but If I had a residence or business in Dallas County, then I would be fine...well, as luck would have it, I do INDEED have 400 acres in Dallas County, so, he informed me, at my convenience, I can bring him proof of said farm ground, which will be a simple trip to the county seat.

No ass chewing needed. It worked itself out. I just needed to be a patient ADULT.

jim brown

Jun 7, 2017, 11:53:18 PM6/7/17
TMML

Never seen it before. It fits.

jim brown

Jun 7, 2017, 11:56:54 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 9:19:54 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> https://youtu.be/Tz55UkekAGw

That was excellent as well.

Well done RSFC! Well done.

Michael Press

Jun 8, 2017, 1:15:17 AM6/8/17
In article <ohab8o$qmj$1...@dont-email.me>,
Oh, yeah. That was part of a stage show. Saw it on TV.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 8, 2017, 7:36:45 AM6/8/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 20:49:49 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You let a phone ring 50 times and are going to go chew butt over an unsigne=
>d $1 check.

You are one stupid sack of shit. I was calling to tell them it was
unsigned and that I was going to destroy it so they would know why a
check was missing.

>One dollar, Hugh. Life is too short to act like a child all t=
>he time.

Apparently you have no other choice.

>You could instead throw the $1 check in the trash and screw up th=
>eir accounting system...but NOOO.

That's exactly what I will do now. Being nice lost.

>Like always on here, you seem to have a =
>need to prove how much of a man you are...I would guess you've gone through=
> life with a small penis and this is how you compensate for it. Or else yo=
>u are just an asshole. Or both, which would be my bet.

Asshole is logical - I find it easier to be one when exchanging with
one. Unlike you, I have a choice.

>I explained above that I am very busy this time of year (100+ hour work wee=
>ks since April 1). The work I do now pays 10-fold, sometimes 100-fold for =
>my time, but its timelines is crucial.

Which is what anyone but a stupid two-bit shithead would have replied
to me as I mentiomed previously.

>Like Xy said, we have the car and have done due diligence to help them with=
> their problem.

I'm betting like your sex, you can't finish the job.

>And I was proven right today, btw. They finally called me back and said th=
>e credit union they financed through doesn't deal with people in my county,=
> but If I had a residence or business in Dallas County, then I would be fin=
>e...well, as luck would have it, I do INDEED have 400 acres in Dallas Count=
>y, so, he informed me, at my convenience, I can bring him proof of said far=
>m ground, which will be a simple trip to the county seat.

>No ass chewing needed. It worked itself out. I just needed to be a patien=
>t ADULT.

You posted your problem - "Car dealer trying to back out". You solved
that problem by not having the balls to do anything but wait. Do you
wear lace on your shorts, too?

Michael Press

Jun 8, 2017, 2:33:21 PM6/8/17
In article <f56454bb-9728-4d20...@googlegroups.com>,
jim brown <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 4:26:06 PM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:

> > >I can't understand how you can get so wound up over how a man you don't even know chooses to approach his paperwork problem with the dealer.
> >
> > Most people I know would have handled the problem quickly and simply.
> > Win or lose there would have been closure.
> >
> > I don't understand how he can let it fall through the crack - it shows
> > a lot of weakness. That's one of this country's great problems - no
> > one follows up and no one solves anything.
> >
> > >If I give him advice and he doesn't take it I shrug. Why do you have to turn into a nasty name-caller?
> >
> > I presume you are speaking about Jim who called me an asshole.
> >

> You could instead throw the $1 check in the trash and screw up their accounting system...

The check has an expiration date on it.
After that the accounting system automatically
moves the figure from one place to another.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 8, 2017, 2:44:47 PM6/8/17
On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 11:33:18 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>The check has an expiration date on it.
>After that the accounting system automatically
>moves the figure from one place to another.

Brownie is not very far along on the learning curve.

jim brown

Jun 9, 2017, 11:02:28 AM6/9/17
You've seen the check? Most I receive do not have an expiration date on them.

Btw, I was being facetious...giving Hugh an alternative way to be an asshole without having a temper tantrum for a $1 check, though he's since tried to change his story.

Does anyone else see Mia as a young version of Hugh? Both show blatant signs of an inferiority complex and narcissism, to which they attempt to counter with bravado and tales of dominance.

xyzzy

Jun 9, 2017, 11:22:32 AM6/9/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:02:28 AM UTC-4, jim brown wrote:
> On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 1:33:21 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <f56454bb-9728-4d20...@googlegroups.com>,
> > jim brown <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > You could instead throw the $1 check in the trash and screw up their accounting system...
> >
> > The check has an expiration date on it.
> > After that the accounting system automatically
> > moves the figure from one place to another.
> >

> You've seen the check? Most I receive do not have an expiration date on them.

Even without a printed expiration date, checks expire after 180 days

> Btw, I was being facetious...giving Hugh an alternative way to be an asshole without having a temper tantrum for a $1 check, though he's since tried to change his story.
>
> Does anyone else see Mia as a young version of Hugh? Both show blatant signs of an inferiority complex and narcissism, to which they attempt to counter with bravado and tales of dominance.

I hadn't noticed that but you make an astute observation.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 9, 2017, 1:11:54 PM6/9/17
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:22:30 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I hadn't noticed that but you make an astute observation.

Brown is the color of my asshole - and he made and asstoot
observation.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 9, 2017, 1:16:52 PM6/9/17

>You've seen the check? Most I receive do not have an expiration date on them.
>
>Btw, I was being facetious...giving Hugh an alternative way to be an asshole without having a temper tantrum for a $1 check, though he's since tried to change his story.

You are a lousy lying sack of shit. You ASSumed why I called and I
called you ignorant and explained the purpose. You're whining because
I kicked your ass.

Hugh.

Michael Press

Jun 9, 2017, 3:12:59 PM6/9/17
In article <d77c0d08-963d-4b71...@googlegroups.com>,
jim brown <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 1:33:21 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <f56454bb-9728-4d20...@googlegroups.com>,
> > jim brown <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > You could instead throw the $1 check in the trash and screw up their accounting system...
> >
> > The check has an expiration date on it.
> > After that the accounting system automatically
> > moves the figure from one place to another.
> >

> You've seen the check? Most I receive do not have an expiration date on them.

I do not see one from a government or a corporation without one.
All US Treasury checks expire after a year and it is written on
them, for instance. It gets worse. I got a not insubstantial
check from a corporation let it get lost in the shuffle and two
years later the IRS demanded tax and penalties. I told my
accountant about it and he said "Just pay them." I found the
check which had expired and the corporation would not issue a
replacement.

> Btw, I was being facetious...

Works better when cognizant of relevant facts.

> giving Hugh an alternative way to be an asshole without having a temper tantrum for a $1 check, though he's since tried to change his story.
>
> Does anyone else see Mia as a young version of Hugh? Both show blatant signs of an inferiority complex and narcissism, to which they attempt to counter with bravado and tales of dominance.

--
Michael Press

Futbol Phan

Jun 9, 2017, 3:47:22 PM6/9/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:16:52 PM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> >You've seen the check? Most I receive do not have an expiration date on them.
> >
> >Btw, I was being facetious...giving Hugh an alternative way to be an asshole without having a temper tantrum for a $1 check, though he's since tried to change his story.
>
> You are a lousy lying sack of shit. You ASSumed why I called and I
> called you ignorant and explained the purpose. You're whining because
> I kicked your ass.
>
> Hugh.

You're on quite a roll these days you lying, senile ignorant POS. I give you until August 1 until you have alienated everyone in this chatrum with your assholishness.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 9, 2017, 4:27:02 PM6/9/17
You mean I haven't alienated the sons of bitches like you already? I
guess I'm not as good as I once was.

Posted from the brier patch,

Brer Rabbit

jim brown

Jun 10, 2017, 12:01:34 AM6/10/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:11:54 PM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:22:30 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I hadn't noticed that but you make an astute observation.
>
> Brown is the color of my asshole - and he made and asstoot
> observation.
>
> Hugh

Perhaps you should wash more thoroughly. That might explain your stench.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 10, 2017, 7:50:14 AM6/10/17
Suits me - your stink can't be removed.