British Open Thoughts

Tonawanda Kardex

Jul 23, 2006, 12:27:28 PM7/23/06
1) Tiger Woods is an ass. Here's a guy who was given everything in his
life at the expense of his half-siblings who his father ignored, and he
just doesn't get it. Still. He glares at fans like he owns them and
looks down upon them -- even if they ARE being morons by taking photos,
they're there because of HIM, because yahoo-assfans like that weren't a
part of golf ten years ago; you reap what you sow with your "raise the
roof"-bullshit, Tiger. Get it? Oh no, you don't get it, do you? You're
actually the worst thing that's happened to golf, because you've
lowered the fan quotient.

2) If any of Tiger's contemporaries had half the cajones of a Watson, a
Palmer, a Player, etc., he'd never have 10+ majors. Nicklaus is still
the best golfer in my book, if not Bobby Jones. Tiger may be the "best"
of his generation, but like Pete Sampras, he's king of a watered-down
generation. But the media will slobber all over him anyway, even though
he's a prick, an ass and a successful experiment along the lines of
Marv Marinovich's greatest dream. Seriously; I know we did the math on
this last year, how Tiger's big contemporaries have won very few majors
in comparison to the guys that Nicklaus had to play against in his
career. It just becomes more apparent on a weekend like this, when
Tiger's very beatable, and no one can friggin' step up except Chris
DiMarco.

3) Sergio Garcia is a wimp, period. Seve ought to kick his ass some
time soon, because Seve-in-his-prime would have been able to smack down
Tiger in a matchup like this. Garcia is just pathetic. Seriously ...
especially wearing his canary outfit, he looks like a tool as well.

4) Mike Tirico is a terrible host; he messes up names, segues and
details every few minutes. He's not good. Must be more of the ESPN
effect: the ruination of good thing by an entity that doesn't recognize
it has ruined what it promised to uphold.

5) It's time to go to the country club, play my round and forget this
forgettable Open. Ciao ...

bizook

Jul 23, 2006, 1:07:58 PM7/23/06

6) Could you get enough of the treacly "Chris DiMarco and his mother"
side story? Geez, I know I couldn't. What a brave, brave competitor!
What the fsck is this? Fscking figure skating?!?

7) If Sergio was going to lay down like he did today, yellow is a most
appropriate color for him to wear. If Lee Trevino was watching, I'm
sure he was cringing a bit for SG.

unclejr

Jul 23, 2006, 1:14:45 PM7/23/06
Tonawanda Kardex wrote:
> and a successful experiment along the lines of
> Marv Marinovich's greatest dream.

Speaking as a U$C alum and a Raiders fan, define the word,
"successful." To borrow a line from Inigo Montoya: "I do not think it
means what you think it means."

-Junior

winnard

Jul 23, 2006, 1:25:10 PM7/23/06

"Tonawanda Kardex" <tonawan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

6) The only thing more boring than watching golf on television is
listening to golf on the radio.

winnard

Tonawanda Kardex

Jul 23, 2006, 1:27:15 PM7/23/06

They have golf on the radio?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 23, 2006, 3:01:57 PM7/23/06
On 23 Jul 2006 09:27:28 -0700, "Tonawanda Kardex"
<tonawan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tiger Woods will do more to improve relations between the races than
anyone since Jesus Christ. He makes me realize that all blacks are not
named Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

If you were Nicklaus or Palmer you'd recognize his ability - they do.

Hugh

bizook

Jul 23, 2006, 9:41:42 PM7/23/06
winnard wrote:
> 6) The only thing more boring than watching golf on television is
> listening to golf on the radio.

Hey! I already used #6 (and #7, I might add). ;)

-andy

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Jul 23, 2006, 11:36:34 PM7/23/06
Tonawanda Kardex wrote:
> 1) Tiger Woods is an ass. Here's a guy who was given everything in his
> life at the expense of his half-siblings who his father ignored, and he
> just doesn't get it. Still. He glares at fans like he owns them and
> looks down upon them -- even if they ARE being morons by taking photos,
> they're there because of HIM, because yahoo-assfans like that weren't a
> part of golf ten years ago; you reap what you sow with your "raise the
> roof"-bullshit, Tiger. Get it? Oh no, you don't get it, do you? You're
> actually the worst thing that's happened to golf, because you've
> lowered the fan quotient.

Arnie lowered the fan quotient. John Daly lowered the fan quotient.

Tiger changed the fan quotient.

> 2) If any of Tiger's contemporaries had half the cajones of a Watson, a
> Palmer, a Player, etc., he'd never have 10+ majors. Nicklaus is still
> the best golfer in my book, if not Bobby Jones. Tiger may be the "best"
> of his generation, but like Pete Sampras, he's king of a watered-down
> generation. But the media will slobber all over him anyway, even though
> he's a prick, an ass and a successful experiment along the lines of
> Marv Marinovich's greatest dream. Seriously; I know we did the math on
> this last year, how Tiger's big contemporaries have won very few majors
> in comparison to the guys that Nicklaus had to play against in his
> career. It just becomes more apparent on a weekend like this, when
> Tiger's very beatable, and no one can friggin' step up except Chris
> DiMarco.

I hate all-Tiger-all-the-time, but Sampras was one heckuva a tennis
player and had the mental strength to dominate.

a.

Tonawanda Kardex

May 29, 2017, 5:55:49 PM5/29/17
WOW.

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 29, 2017, 9:18:12 PM5/29/17
On Mon, 29 May 2017 14:55:48 -0700 (PDT), Tonawanda Kardex
<tonawan...@gmail.com> wrote:

The attribution to me is incorrect.

Hugh