Take A break from The Verbal Jousting....

YosemiteSam

May 12, 2017, 8:36:11 PM5/12/17

...and give me your opinion.

a) a have a cell phone cuz I'm too old to be changing tires on the highway
b) all I need in a new phone is camera. (nobody believes my fish stories)
c) I would only use two apps GPS and local weather.

The only times it's really on is when I'm fishing solo. It's always with me but rarely on. I was met with doubtful eye rolls when relating my latest smallmouth catch of 4'4" (me grrrrr...camera time).

Will this fill the bill? Don't need one that can gobble up apps and data time.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/revere-3/

muchas gracias

~YS~

dotsla...@gmail.com

May 12, 2017, 10:07:29 PM5/12/17
I think that'll do the trick.

I like to go down and filter the reviews to the one-stars to see if there are any trends. Looked through the first couple pages - the only thing I picked up on is some folks find it harder to flip open than expected. I'm guessing a non-smart phone sort of has an older target audience who might have physical issues with their hands - assuming that isn't the case for you, should be fine.

Cheers.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

May 12, 2017, 10:10:06 PM5/12/17
If it has nav, it will be very lame. Go with a low-cost smart phone if
you want GPS. The "Internet" on it is very crippled, considering it has a 2.2"
screen.

You need a basic smart phone. The Moto XT1060 is available unlocked new for
$150 cash, which is about $3.00 a month instead of $2.00 per month.

--
Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you
make it. -- unknown

michael anderson

May 12, 2017, 10:46:59 PM5/12/17
That's the exact phone I have

Some dued

May 12, 2017, 10:54:20 PM5/12/17
I've been using BLU android phones for years, from 50 bucks up to 125 they work fine.

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 13, 2017, 8:33:46 AM5/13/17
I caught a nice bass one time. I don't know what the fish weighed but
the picture weighed 9 pounds. I measured it at 9" (between the eyes).

I taught it to walk with me but crossing a creek one day it fell in
the water and drowned.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Michael Press

May 13, 2017, 1:08:09 PM5/13/17
In article <51b825df-9853-4c3a...@googlegroups.com>,
I use this flip phone with camera.

<http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-441G>

$99/year from Tracfone.

--
Michael Press

xyzzy

May 13, 2017, 4:47:19 PM5/13/17
No I don't want to take a break from the verbal jousting! Get an [ ]Android [ ]iPhone. Anything else sucks and so do people who use it!

YosemiteSam

May 13, 2017, 7:07:29 PM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 4:47:19 PM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> No I don't want to take a break from the verbal jousting! Get an [ ]Android [ ]iPhone. Anything else sucks and so do people who use it!

Well at least you took a breath. :)

Ok, thanks, off to check out the models offered.

~YS~