Let the Senate sort it out

dotsla...@gmail.com

May 1, 2017, 7:57:34 PM5/1/17
"You remind them there is a United States Senate, and it will change things. What we send over there isn't going over there on stone tablets," said Rep. Tom Cole, R-Oklahoma.

They change republicare to pull in the wingers and loss the centrists.

So they're telling the centrists to be reasonable: vote for something you don't believe is viable and let the other dudes sort it out.

Why not. That's, like, their official party motto, right?

Cheers.

wolfie

May 1, 2017, 10:28:59 PM5/1/17

dotsla...@gmail.com wrote

> So they're telling the centrists to be reasonable: vote
> for something you don't believe is viable ...

... and get pounded for the vote in your swing district.

This is just "give the conservatives an out," which is
funny because they are all sitting in safe seats. The
centrists aren't.

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 2, 2017, 9:31:15 AM5/2/17
He just refuses to repeat his lie about being in combat - musta
happened on Saturday night at the local Honky Tonk.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

wolfie

Jun 2, 2017, 8:02:57 PM6/2/17

"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote

> He just refuses to repeat his lie about being in combat

Probably because I never said that.
I'm not like you, taking honor from
people who actually fought.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 3, 2017, 9:02:43 AM6/3/17
I had not realized that I could take anyone's honor. The thought of
having that much power both startles and humbles me.

I am free to say pretty much what I think BECAUSE people fought and
died to enable me to do that. But, if the survivors want to play
verbal kickass with me I accept the challenge.

If you want to try to ridicule me for not being in combat, my response
is that they considered you expendable, but not me. Of course the real
reason is that I was born in 1927 and not 1926 and my parents insisted
I finish high school.

Being, or not being, in combat does not allow anyone to speak as he
wishes without some fear of retribution, albeit maybe not physical.
xyz's buddy wanted to play kickass and I accomodated him.

I ridicule you because you won't be as honorable and truthful as I am
and honestly give some indication of your service when challenged.
That's shameful and disgraceful.

If you actually volunteered to serve in the military that's a helluva
lot better than a lot of others.

wolfie

Jun 3, 2017, 9:48:36 AM6/3/17

"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote

> If you want to try to ridicule me for not being in combat

No, we ridicule you because you talk about it ALL the
time, for little reason. In on topic terms, you're the
guy who signed-up for intermural football at Alabama
and talks incessantly about how you played football at
Alabama and how great it was to win a couple of NCs.

I have a couple of uncles who served in the Pacific,
including one who had his ship sunk (and got put right
away on another one) and another who survived having
his ship hit by a kamikaze. My best friend's father was
on the Missouri. My father's brother was 10th Mountain
in Italy. My BIL saw five combat tours before he retired.
My father served photo recon over Korea, including having
his nice, slow prop plane survive passes by MiGs.
YOU don't impress me; I did as much - voluntarily enlisted
and served my hitch, got an honorable discharge. And so
have millions of others. Having served is good. But it
doesn't make you a special snowflake like you seem to
believe. In fact, your constant harping on it makes you
seem very, very small.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 3, 2017, 11:46:08 AM6/3/17
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 09:48:14 -0400, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net> wrote:

>"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote
>
>> If you want to try to ridicule me for not being in combat
>
>No, we ridicule you because you talk about it ALL the
>time, for little reason.

Hoss, little pissants like you get my attention only as a punching
bag.

>In on topic terms, you're the
>guy who signed-up for intermural football at Alabama
>and talks incessantly about how you played football at
>Alabama and how great it was to win a couple of NCs.

Partly right and partly you being a lying son of a bitch. I signed up
for intramural because I broke my ankle 4 times and never got to play.
I gave up my football scholly because I had the GI Bill.

>I have a couple of uncles who served in the Pacific,
>including one who had his ship sunk (and got put right
>away on another one) and another who survived having
>his ship hit by a kamikaze. My best friend's father was
>on the Missouri. My father's brother was 10th Mountain
>in Italy. My BIL saw five combat tours before he retired.
>My father served photo recon over Korea, including having
>his nice, slow prop plane survive passes by MiGs.

My sincerest respects to them - but you can't use their honor as your
own.

>YOU don't impress me;

I don't have to impress you. In a military situation I could order
someone to order someone to tell you what to do

>I did as much

That's a flat out lie.

>- voluntarily enlisted

Me, too.

>and served my hitch,

So did my dad and 1 son - I served as directed for 33 years.

>got an honorable discharge.

So did I and I earned retirement. In addition I was selected for OCS
when I was 17, was Commander of my company at boot camp (so was our
son). I was CO of Reserve units 3 times - one twice which broke the
rules.

Perhaps making E6 was the best you could do. Making 0-5 was the best I
could do - it's called Peter Principle.

>And so
>have millions of others. Having served is good. But it
>doesn't make you a special snowflake like you seem to
>believe. In fact, your constant harping on it makes you
>seem very, very small.

I'm glad I'm at an age where I can laugh at white niggers like you
who get a warm feeling when covered in shit.

However, I commend you for overcoming your cowardice and embarrassment
and relating your military history. That part deserves respect and
ends my challenges in that regard.

That you didn't serve in combat doesn't matter to me - you were not
authorized to make that determination any more than I was. Tongue in
cheek I always thank Marines for going ashore and making it safe for
me.

wolfie

Jun 3, 2017, 3:41:47 PM6/3/17

"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote

> you get my attention only as a punching bag.

Why do you want to be a punching bag?

> In a military situation I could order someone
> to order someone to tell you what to do

No, you couldn't. You weren't higher-ranked
than me *on active duty.* And I didn't take
orders from Reservists - they aren't in the
chain of command. You'd have to go active.
And you've already said the Navy wouldn't
take you as an officer on active duty.

> Commander of my company at boot camp

See, THAT's what funny. You think THAT's
impressive...

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 4, 2017, 7:53:14 AM6/4/17
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:41:37 -0400, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net> wrote:

>"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote
>
>> you get my attention only as a punching bag.
>
>Why do you want to be a punching bag?

Maybe I want to be more like you. I have not had many other failures.

>> In a military situation I could order someone
>> to order someone to tell you what to do
>
>No, you couldn't.

If close to your age we might have fought about that pretty often.

>You weren't higher-ranked
>than me *on active duty.* And I didn't take
>orders from Reservists - they aren't in the
>chain of command. You'd have to go active.
>And you've already said the Navy wouldn't
>take you as an officer on active duty.

You are right - I was never in charge of a company of pissants like
you.

> Commander of my company at boot camp
>
>See, THAT's what funny. You think THAT's
>impressive...

Naw, I just think it's something you were not qualified to be but that
list is too long to include here.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 5, 2017, 8:59:08 AM6/5/17
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:41:37 -0400, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net> wrote:

>> In a military situation I could order someone
>> to order someone to tell you what to do
>
>No, you couldn't. You weren't higher-ranked
>than me *on active duty.* And I didn't take
>orders from Reservists - they aren't in the
>chain of command.

People at your level you are not involved in decision-making in the
military except for very minor issues like who peels the potatoes. You
were so low in the CoC that you would not know Res from Reg. "Not in
the CoC"? Don't try comedy you would be a loser there, too.

And, you are right. I would not give you a direct order - my orders
would pass through the CoC to you.

>You'd have to go active.
>And you've already said the Navy wouldn't
>take you as an officer on active duty.

I finally figured that out. They didn't need me because they were not
trying to win the wars - just tie at best. So they used me to direct
the training of lowly people like you and a bunch of good ones..

The "wouldn'ts" you mention were passed over at 0-3 or 0-4.