"Disorganized, ill-prepared, didn't pay close attention to invitations"

xyzzy

Dec 29, 2014, 7:40:00 PM12/29/14

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 29, 2014, 7:47:12 PM12/29/14
On Monday, December 29, 2014 6:40:00 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> Perfect qualifications for a house majority whip, right?
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confirms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html

Wut - he spoke to Byrd and Thurmond?

xyzzy

Dec 29, 2014, 7:51:56 PM12/29/14
You can take the Louisiana GOP out of David Duke, but you can't take the David Duke out of the Louisiana GOP.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Dec 29, 2014, 7:58:01 PM12/29/14
On Monday, December 29, 2014 6:40:00 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
Aw, hell--he sucks Sharpton's dick a few times and everrthin gonna be kewl.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 29, 2014, 10:16:24 PM12/29/14
On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:39:58 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:
You libs have to go back 12 years to find fault with a guy?

I hugged a black woman last Veteran's Day. Her daughter was a 4.0
student in one of the JA groups I advised. And I had an interesting
conversation with Tony Dorsett a few years ago. Do I really have to
call you a honkey?

I'm not going to read the rules - I'll play by my own.

Hugh

Eric Ramon

Dec 30, 2014, 1:21:38 AM12/30/14
On Monday, December 29, 2014 7:16:24 PM UTC-8, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:39:58 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Perfect qualifications for a house majority whip, right?
> >
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confirms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html
>
> You libs have to go back 12 years to find fault with a guy?

the problem really is that instead of saying he sees things differently now, his team is getting the word out that he "may not have known" who he was talking to. So either he was a racist or a rather dimwitted guy. And now, with this strategy, he comes off as currently dishonest.

Then: racist or stupid or both
Now: a liar

that's not exactly what you want in a high-ranking Party official. And yes, I'm aware of parallels in the Democratic Party. But at some point we should focus on each case instead of hiding behind "well your guys do it too!!!"

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2014, 6:41:47 AM12/30/14
On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:21:38 AM UTC-6, Eric Ramon wrote:
> On Monday, December 29, 2014 7:16:24 PM UTC-8, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:39:58 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Perfect qualifications for a house majority whip, right?
> > >
> > >http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confirms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html
> >
> > You libs have to go back 12 years to find fault with a guy?
> >
> the problem really is that instead of saying he sees things differently now, his team is getting the word out that he "may not have known" who he was talking to.

This. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see a politician readily admit "Yeah, that prolly wasn't the bestest idea. Blah blah blah"?

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Dec 30, 2014, 8:36:42 AM12/30/14
On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:21:38 AM UTC-6, Eric Ramon wrote:
> On Monday, December 29, 2014 7:16:24 PM UTC-8, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:39:58 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Perfect qualifications for a house majority whip, right?
> > >
> > >http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confirms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html
> >
> > You libs have to go back 12 years to find fault with a guy?
> >
> the problem really is that instead of saying he sees things differently now, his team is getting the word out that he "may not have known" who he was talking to. So either he was a racist or a rather dimwitted guy. And now, with this strategy, he comes off as currently dishonest.

Hopefully people become less dimwitted as they mature. He's not *still* attending Klan meetings, verdad?

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2014, 8:54:15 AM12/30/14
You HAVE stopped beating you wife, yes?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 30, 2014, 9:15:36 AM12/30/14
On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 22:21:34 -0800 (PST), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, December 29, 2014 7:16:24 PM UTC-8, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:39:58 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>=20
>> >Perfect qualifications for a house majority whip, right?
>> >
>> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confi=
>rms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a9=
>00-9960214d4cd7_story.html
>>=20
>> You libs have to go back 12 years to find fault with a guy?=20
>>=20
>the problem really is that instead of saying he sees things differently now=
>, his team is getting the word out that he "may not have known" who he was =
>talking to. So either he was a racist or a rather dimwitted guy. And now, w=
>ith this strategy, he comes off as currently dishonest.
>
>Then: racist or stupid or both
>Now: a liar
>
>that's not exactly what you want in a high-ranking Party official. And yes,=
> I'm aware of parallels in the Democratic Party. But at some point we shoul=
>d focus on each case instead of hiding behind "well your guys do it too!!!"

I agree with the last statement because I think it is defensive and a
loser. I believe in making the other guy play defense.

As for what I want in politics, I want tough people who are willing to
go to any lengths to destroy liberals. They are more destructive than
any war this country has ever faced. Patty-cake doesn't work.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 30, 2014, 9:18:12 AM12/30/14
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 05:54:13 -0800 (PST), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You HAVE stopped beating you wife, yes?

That would be a surprise. If it's really good how can you not beat
them?

Hugh

Thomas R. Kettler

Dec 30, 2014, 10:30:03 AM12/30/14
In article <26b7e7f8-3310-4e6f...@googlegroups.com>,
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

If politicians majored in truthiness, they wouldn't get elected.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

xyzzy

Dec 30, 2014, 10:41:22 AM12/30/14
As far as we know.

xyzzy

Dec 30, 2014, 10:41:23 AM12/30/14
Seemed to work for Rob Ford.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Dec 30, 2014, 10:44:22 AM12/30/14
And sort of for Marion Barry

Thomas R. Kettler

Dec 30, 2014, 11:06:52 AM12/30/14
In article <a6e6daa8-fafa-48f9...@googlegroups.com>,
I'm still waiting for Sanford's selfies while "Hiking the Appalachian
Trail".

Futbol Phan

Dec 30, 2014, 1:19:20 PM12/30/14
On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:21:38 AM UTC-6, Eric Ramon wrote:
> On Monday, December 29, 2014 7:16:24 PM UTC-8, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:39:58 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Perfect qualifications for a house majority whip, right?
> > >
> > >http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confirms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html
> >
> > You libs have to go back 12 years to find fault with a guy?
> >
> the problem really is that instead of saying he sees things differently now, his team is getting the word out that he "may not have known" who he was talking to. So either he was a racist or a rather dimwitted guy. And now, with this strategy, he comes off as currently dishonest.
>
> Then: racist or stupid or both
> Now: a liar

Somewhere out there I bet there is a video, or at least a transcript, of what he said to this fine group. That just might demonstrate that he hit the trifecta: racist, stoopid and a liar.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Dec 31, 2014, 11:17:02 AM12/31/14
> Wut - he spoke to Byrd and Thurmond?

Beautiful. #DropTheMic

agavi...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2014, 4:05:14 PM12/31/14

Eric Ramon

Dec 31, 2014, 6:20:56 PM12/31/14
I believe you're making the comparison of a current high ranking official of the Republican Party with a couple of old dead guys.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jan 1, 2015, 7:34:01 AM1/1/15
pretty sure both were alive in 2002...