From a friend

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 12, 2017, 5:32:43 PM6/12/17
To help save the economy, the Government will announce next month that
the Immigration Department will start deporting seniors (instead of
illegals) in order to lower Social Security and Medicare costs. Older
people are easier to catch and will not remember how to get back home.
I started to cry when I thought of you. Then it dawned on me...oh,
shit...I'll see you on the bus.

Posted by Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 5:36:22 PM6/12/17
LOL

I read an article about that 50 year old preacher from Alabama who died on Everest and thought, "At that age, he should know better.."

Never mind.

My wife laughed when I told her.

plai...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 9:43:11 PM6/12/17
The stories that are coming out these days about the people paying companies to drag them to the top of Mount Everest are both amusing and sad. My favorite was the socialite who decided to climb the mountain about 10 years back. They were almost carrying her up the trail while a porter or two were bringing her essential supplies which included an espresso machine for her caffeine boosts. I never did hear how they were providing electricity for it. Maybe a generator? As I recall, her presence played a role in one of the nearly yearly disasters on the mountain because her slow progress was slowing down everyone else climbing and descending that day and lead to a few deaths. But I may be confusing various incidents together.

Michael Press

Jun 12, 2017, 10:48:20 PM6/12/17
In article <d7beb013-efc9-46d6...@googlegroups.com>,
plai...@gmail.com wrote:

> The stories that are coming out these days about the people paying companies to drag them to the top of Mount Everest are both amusing and sad. My favorite was the socialite who decided to climb the mountain about 10 years back. They were almost carrying her up the trail while a porter or two were bringing her essential supplies which included an espresso machine for her caffeine boosts. I never did hear how they were providing electricity for it. Maybe a generator? As I recall, her presence played a role in one of the nearly yearly disasters on the mountain because her slow progress was slowing down everyone else climbing and descending that day and lead to a few deaths. But I may be confusing various incidents together.

Some of those trails are a charnel house.
Difficult to read those stories.

--
Michael Press