Apparently, they're still hoping to blow up planes

agavi...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 7:06:53 AM5/11/17
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/10/u-s-to-ban-laptops-in-all-cabins-of-flights-from-europe

I got to use my laptop last week. This week I was asked to take my kindle out of my bag for xray

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 11, 2017, 9:07:23 AM5/11/17
I think Ford, Carnegie and Rockefeller were myths because they didn't
even have computers.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

agavi...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 9:37:25 AM5/11/17
What do you think all those guys with slide rules did all day?

xyzzy

May 11, 2017, 9:42:15 AM5/11/17
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:06:53 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/10/u-s-to-ban-laptops-in-all-cabins-of-flights-from-europe
>
> I got to use my laptop last week. This week I was asked to take my kindle out of my bag for xray

They've always been hoping to blow up planes. They always will hope to blow up planes. Who "They" is will evolve over time but it will always be so.

It'll be interesting to see how the combination of mandatory checking of laptops + baggage fees + crooked baggage handlers plays out. I may be going to Europe for business this fall and I always pack light and never check bags.

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 11, 2017, 10:56:33 AM5/11/17
On Thu, 11 May 2017 06:37:23 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>What do you think all those guys with slide rules did all day?

Computers without a source of current - what will they think of next!

I learned to use a log log duplex. Do those things still exist?

agavi...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 12:42:35 PM5/11/17
that seatback entertainment system is about to get a keyboard.

agavi...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 12:42:55 PM5/11/17
If I knew whT that was I could answer.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

May 11, 2017, 1:35:06 PM5/11/17
TSA Pre allowed to bring laptops?

--
Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer

xyzzy

May 11, 2017, 1:52:29 PM5/11/17
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 1:35:06 PM UTC-4, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2017-05-11, xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:06:53 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >> http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/10/u-s-to-ban-laptops-in-all-cabins-of-flights-from-europe
> >>
> >> I got to use my laptop last week. This week I was asked to take my kindle out of my bag for xray
> >
> > They've always been hoping to blow up planes. They always will hope to blow up planes. Who "They" is will evolve over time but it will always be so.
> >
> > It'll be interesting to see how the combination of mandatory checking
> > of laptops + baggage fees + crooked baggage handlers plays out. I may
> > be going to Europe for business this fall and I always pack light and
> > never check bags.
>
> TSA Pre allowed to bring laptops?

I doubt it since the proposed rule applies to flights from Europe, where they don't have TSA Pre.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

May 11, 2017, 2:06:07 PM5/11/17
I thought maybe if you were ticketed on a US flight outgoing, that
status could be saved. I don't pay for it, but am frequently (80%)
granted TSA Pre status when I buy a ticket.

It seems to me that if you have traveled extensively within the U.S. since
2001, you should be TSA Pre all the time. Especially when you are over 60
years old....that's my guess as to why I rate most of the time.

--
An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown