Charlie Gard

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 29, 2017, 8:27:36 AM6/29/17
Help me out with this - if the parents have the funds to take the child to the US for treatment, why isn't the NHS, et al allowing this? And how can they physically stop the parents?

What am I missing here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4644268/Charlie-Gard-s-parents-lose-final-appeal.html

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 8:57:49 AM6/29/17
Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 29, 2017, 9:03:55 AM6/29/17
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 7:57:49 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.

crazy shit

xyzzy

Jun 29, 2017, 9:13:28 AM6/29/17
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8:57:49 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.

Hate to agree with you this but I do. If the US will let them come in, there's no reason they shouldn't let them go. Totally whacked.

I'll be curious to see how some of my more extreme FB friends spin this. I suspect they'll ignore it.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 29, 2017, 9:27:22 AM6/29/17
I've got an NRO article about this, I'll post later if it's good - haven't had a chance to read yet.

Let us know about the FB folks and their spin

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 9:30:43 AM6/29/17
"Hate to agree with you this..."

What?

xyzzy

Jun 29, 2017, 10:07:28 AM6/29/17
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 9:30:43 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> "Hate to agree with you this..."
>
> What?

Because 1. I hate the fact that power hungry bureaucrats are having this effect on people and 2. while it's a terrible case and should be a no-brainer, the clear motivation for posting it is to blame it on the single payer systems there, where as dot-slash pointed out in another thread (which I read AFTER this one), it's a difficult situation not really related to what the health care system is.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 29, 2017, 11:15:13 AM6/29/17
That's precisely why I avoided that aspect

Some dued

Jun 29, 2017, 5:37:39 PM6/29/17
I can see the reason for it, my Grandpa went to the Philippines to have his cancer removed by a faith healer before he died no telling how much money they took him for.