Why are libs so stupid

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 26, 2017, 12:25:53 PM6/26/17
A 'very credible' new study on Seattle's $15 minimum wage has bad news
for liberals By Max Ehrenfreund June 26 at 6:01 AM

When Seattle officials voted three years ago to incrementally boost
the city's minimum wage up to $15 an hour, they'd hoped to improve the
lives of low-income workers. Yet according to a major new study that
could force economists to reassess past research on the issue, the
hike has had the opposite effect.

The city is gradually increasing the hourly minimum to $15 over
several years. Already, though, some employers have not been able to
afford the increased minimums. They've cut their payrolls, putting off
new hiring, reducing hours or letting their workers go, the study
found.

The costs to low-wage workers in Seattle outweighed the benefits by a
ratio of three to one, according to the study, conducted by a group of
economists at the University of Washington who were commissioned by
the city. The study, published as a working paper Monday by the
National Bureau of Economic Research, has not yet been peer reviewed.
On the whole, the study estimates, the average low-wage worker in the
city lost $125 a month because of the hike in the minimum.

The paper's conclusions contradict years of research on the minimum
wage. Many past studies, by contrast, have found that the benefits of
increases for low-wage workers exceed the costs in terms of reduced
employment -- often by a factor of four or five to one.

"This strikes me as a study that is likely to influence people," said
David Autor, an economist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
who was not involved in the research. He called the work "very
credible" and "sufficiently compelling in its design and statistical
power that it can change minds."

Posted by Hugh

If they had listened to me they could have saved a lot of money and
min wage jobs.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Some dued

Jun 26, 2017, 12:38:07 PM6/26/17
Without reading a word of this post I feel I can safely assume it is full of lies and/or mischaracterizations.

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Jun 26, 2017, 1:06:16 PM6/26/17
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:38:07 AM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> Without reading a word of this post I feel I can safely assume it is full of lies and/or mischaracterizations.

Here is a full story on that study.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/26/new-study-casts-doubt-on-whether-a-15-minimum-wage-really-helps-workers/?utm_term=.109e86888bcd
http://tinyurl.com/ycw8mghk

Doug

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 26, 2017, 3:08:31 PM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 09:38:04 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Without reading a word of this post I feel I can safely assume it is full of lies and/or mischaracterizations.

In your case the ASS in assume fits perfectly.

Learn to read.

Some dued

Jun 26, 2017, 3:16:49 PM6/26/17
I CAN read but know when to and when to not.

Ken Olson

Jun 26, 2017, 7:14:38 PM6/26/17
On 6/26/2017 3:16 PM, Some dued wrote:
> I CAN read but know when to and when to not.

tmml

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2017, 2:13:28 AM6/27/17
By what? Shooting the poor?

There's no point in hard work when it's clear the best you have to hope for is a camping spot and a tent over your head every night -- and that's if the druggie next to you doesn't shank you for the tent.

Mike

Ken Olson

Jun 27, 2017, 3:08:21 AM6/27/17

Ken Olson

Jun 27, 2017, 3:51:31 AM6/27/17
If I ever get to the point of living in a tent because that's the best I
can do, I'm as good as dead anyway.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 27, 2017, 8:30:11 AM6/27/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:16:47 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I CAN read but know when to and when to not.

We noticed, sis.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 27, 2017, 8:31:52 AM6/27/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 23:13:26 -0700 (PDT), darkst...@gmail.com
wrote:

>By what? Shooting the poor?
>
>There's no point in hard work when it's clear the best you have to hope for is a camping spot and a tent over your head every night -- and that's if the druggie next to you doesn't shank you for the tent.
>
>Mike

You may be right that there is no help for incompetent, irresponsible,
worthless people. And it certainly increases the liberal base.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 27, 2017, 8:34:09 AM6/27/17
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 03:51:28 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:
I'd rather believe you are capable of making the most of any
situation.

Ken Olson

Jun 27, 2017, 3:49:46 PM6/27/17
Between diabetes and sleep apnea it wouldn't be pretty.

Michael Press

Jun 27, 2017, 6:00:59 PM6/27/17
In article <69d45ad9-1b6f-4ce6...@googlegroups.com>,
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> By what? Shooting the poor?
>
> There's no point in hard work when it's clear the best you have to hope for is a camping spot and a tent over your head every night -- and that's if the druggie next to you doesn't shank you for the tent.

Cry me a river.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 28, 2017, 7:29:48 AM6/28/17
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:49:42 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:
And I thought having to blow my nose a few times a day was bad...

Hugh