Journalism in Trumplandia

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 21, 2017, 9:22:20 AM6/21/17
Superior read, IMO, about the new infatuation by the press re Trump voters.

Two of the people mentioned, Salena Zito and Chris Arande are really good follows on twitter if you're there. Thoughtful people.

https://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/trump-voters-media-coverage.php

Michael Press

Jun 21, 2017, 3:29:14 PM6/21/17
In article <6d598e2a-58ac-40ec...@googlegroups.com>,
Sorry, opens to a blank page for me.

--
Michael Press

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 21, 2017, 3:50:22 PM6/21/17
That's odd - opens in Chrome just fine

Ken Olson

Jun 21, 2017, 3:56:56 PM6/21/17
worked for me with firefox

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 21, 2017, 5:04:06 PM6/21/17
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:50:20 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 2:29:14 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
>> In article <6d598e2a-58ac-40ec...@googlegroups.com>,
>> "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Superior read, IMO, about the new infatuation by the press re Trump voters.
>> >
>> > Two of the people mentioned, Salena Zito and Chris Arande are really good follows on twitter if you're there. Thoughtful people.
>> >
>> > https://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/trump-voters-media-coverage.php
>>
>> Sorry, opens to a blank page for me.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Press
>
>That's odd - opens in Chrome just fine

I thought "taking Trump seriously but not literally" was a great line.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Michael Press

Jun 30, 2017, 8:19:06 PM6/30/17
In article <98c5a53d-3d53-47d9...@googlegroups.com>,
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 2:29:14 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <6d598e2a-58ac-40ec...@googlegroups.com>,
> > "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Superior read, IMO, about the new infatuation by the press re Trump voters.
> > >
> > > Two of the people mentioned, Salena Zito and Chris Arande are really good follows on twitter if you're there. Thoughtful people.
> > >
> > > https://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/trump-voters-media-coverage.php
> >
> > Sorry, opens to a blank page for me.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Press
>
> That's odd - opens in Chrome just fine

I went back and tried harder. Good article but too nuanced for
me. Just tells me stuff I know and not in an entertaining way.

One part of the article told us that big business news cannot
afford to dedicate full time staff to finding out who these
voters are. First: they have the money but save it for the
stockholders. Second they could follow some websites such as Ace
of Spades and The People's Cube. Get an idea of what some rather
smart people are thinking and saying. That will tell them plenty.

--
Michael Press