WOOOOOLLLLLFFFFFFF!!!!!!

jim brown

Dec 14, 2017, 10:40:17 PM12/14/17
Oh, wait...I mean net neutrality.

Do you think the left might have a little more success lately if they didn't cry WOLF every single day about something?

I honestly don't care about this as I doubt it changes much for most of us...but you'd think the world was coming to an end with the reactions from those same folks that are daily coming up with a new spin on Trumps activities.

unclejr

Dec 14, 2017, 10:51:41 PM12/14/17
The left would care a whole hell of a lot less if it wasn't for President Snowflake trying to single-handedly reverse all of Obama's policies. It's like he measures himself to Obama in EVERYTHING; his hands are a lot smaller than Obama's, and that pisses him off to no end.

jim brown

Dec 14, 2017, 10:59:29 PM12/14/17
Oh, the left cries wolf about that too. Policies that were just in place for a year or two are going to "kill millions" if reversed. Its bullshit. And its a big reason why you guys are losing elections to the likes of Trump.

Buy a clue already.

unclejr

Dec 14, 2017, 11:05:04 PM12/14/17
K.

Some dued

Dec 14, 2017, 11:06:25 PM12/14/17
Most people on both sides of the aisle are for net neutrality. The big telecom companies are against it. The big telecom companies lobby like crazy get It reversed. The GOP sides with the big telecom companies.

If the big telecom companies couldn't make money as an ISP, they wouldn't be an ISP. So why all the lobbying?

Ken Olson

Dec 14, 2017, 11:29:40 PM12/14/17
+1, bro. ;)

--
"Money often costs too much." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 15, 2017, 6:58:12 AM12/15/17
>---
>http://www.avg.com

Somewhere in the middle is usually a pretty good answer. I wish we
could get there.

Hugh

xyzzy

Dec 15, 2017, 8:50:34 AM12/15/17
Well except net neutrality hasn't been just in place for a year or two. It was informally in place before, and was formalized in the last two years. "This change just goes back to the internet of 2015" is simply not true but it's a handy line to make people think all will be well, until it's too late. You've been benefiting from net neutrality for decades and didn't know it.

A few weeks ago I posted several examples of the FCC using net neutrality powers to stop iSP abuses, well before 2015. They won't be doing any of that any more.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 15, 2017, 10:39:11 AM12/15/17
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 05:50:32 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 10:59:29 PM UTC-5, jim brown wrote:

> didn't cry WOLF every single day about something?

>of us...but you'd think the world was coming to an end with the reactions f=
>rom those same folks that are daily coming up with a new spin on Trumps act=
>ivities.
>> >
>> > The left would care a whole hell of a lot less if it wasn't for Preside=
>nt Snowflake trying to single-handedly reverse all of Obama's policies. It=
>'s like he measures himself to Obama in EVERYTHING; his hands are a lot sma=
>ller than Obama's, and that pisses him off to no end.
>>

>> Oh, the left cries wolf about that too. Policies that were just in place=
> for a year or two are going to "kill millions" if reversed. Its bullshit.=
> And its a big reason why you guys are losing elections to the likes of Tr=
>ump.
>
>Well except net neutrality hasn't been just in place for a year or two. It=
> was informally in place before, and was formalized in the last two years. =
> "This change just goes back to the internet of 2015" is simply not true bu=
>t it's a handy line to make people think all will be well, until it's too l=
>ate. You've been benefiting from net neutrality for decades and didn't kno=
>w it.
>
>A few weeks ago I posted several examples of the FCC using net neutrality p=
>owers to stop iSP abuses, well before 2015. They won't be doing any of tha=
>t any more.

If you want more meringue and no pie, look at the Sports Union recent
Declaration - it's LCD all the way.

Hugh

Ken Olson

Dec 15, 2017, 5:52:05 PM12/15/17
If you've got 1/2 the people behind you and that 1/2 is centered on the
middle of the curve you're often doing as well as you're going to.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Dec 15, 2017, 6:13:56 PM12/15/17
Nothing has changed, legally. The FTC is still there.

> A few weeks ago I posted several examples of the FCC using net
> neutrality powers to stop iSP abuses, well before 2015. They won't be
> doing any of that any more.

And for the most part, they weren't before. It was the FTC.

--
Life is a long lesson in humility. -- James Barrie

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Dec 15, 2017, 6:18:23 PM12/15/17
I don't worry about it, because I already died when Trump pulled out
of the Paris accord, or at least life in the U.S. ended as we know it
because of tax reform.

--
There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make
a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 12. -- Dave Barry

agavi...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017, 6:40:24 PM12/15/17
LOL The US ended when Trump was elected.

Ken Olson

Dec 15, 2017, 6:47:19 PM12/15/17
On 12/15/2017 6:40 PM, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> LOL The US ended when Trump was elected.

"I've got a phone and a pen" ended it before that.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 16, 2017, 7:48:22 AM12/16/17
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 17:52:05 -0500, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:
Everything is nothing more than an opportunity to get better. So far I
have not found the end of that rope.

Hugh