James Comey behaved badly in summer 2016

Michael Press

May 10, 2017, 10:46:40 PM5/10/17
In summer of 2016 James Comey discolsed charges against and
unindicted person. That is wrong. He said that no prosecution
would take place. It is not in his authority to say so. He
silently forwards the facts of the investigation to the Deputy
Attorney General for disposition.

The question is: Why did President Obama not fire James Comey?

--
Michael Press

Some dued

May 11, 2017, 7:44:54 AM5/11/17
Here we go with the Trump justification, so gross.

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 11, 2017, 8:53:45 AM5/11/17
On Thu, 11 May 2017 04:44:52 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Here we go with the Trump justification, so gross.

You didn't even understand the question. Seek reading comprehension
help quickly although it may already be too late.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Michael Press

May 11, 2017, 1:08:01 PM5/11/17
In article <0cf63542-3458-4e37...@googlegroups.com>,
Some dued <theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here we go with the Trump justification, so gross.

Why didn't President Obama fire James Comey?

--
Michael Press

Futbol Phan

May 11, 2017, 1:22:22 PM5/11/17
You would have been the first one to praise this, amirite?

xyzzy

May 11, 2017, 1:26:38 PM5/11/17
For the same reason Bill Clinton never fired Janet Reno.

Ethics.

Ken Olson

May 11, 2017, 1:52:56 PM5/11/17
Do you mean lack of them?

xyzzy

May 11, 2017, 2:32:35 PM5/11/17
No, she was a thorn in his side and he would have loved to have gotten rid her but unlike Trump he didn't think it was right to fire her when she was investigating members of his administration.

Michael Press

May 11, 2017, 2:57:19 PM5/11/17
In article <77f713b4-fa4b-4bd4...@googlegroups.com>,
Lack of?

James Comey broke the law and arrogated unto himself
authority reserved for the Deputy Attorney General. These are
absolute firing offenses. He did this in summer 2016.
Why didn't President Obama fire James Comey? James Comey
revealed details of an investigation into an un-indicted person.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

May 11, 2017, 4:29:02 PM5/11/17
In article <26bc3a24-c341-4c17...@googlegroups.com>,
Would I?
You read what I wrote about James Comey here and elsewhere.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 11, 2017, 5:18:41 PM5/11/17
On Thu, 11 May 2017 10:07:59 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:
There was no cold pail of water to throw on and separate them.

Futbol Phan

May 11, 2017, 6:26:06 PM5/11/17
Nothing from back in that era though. You'v only gotten fully puffed up and turned into a Trumpista chatterbox since the election

Michael Press

May 13, 2017, 12:44:19 PM5/13/17
In article <7ec6e2d8-002c-4314...@googlegroups.com>,
Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 3:29:02 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <26bc3a24-c341-4c17...@googlegroups.com>,
> > Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You would have been the first one to praise this, amirite?
> >
> > Would I?
> > You read what I wrote about James Comey here and elsewhere.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Press
>
> Nothing from back in that era though.

No.

> You'v only gotten fully puffed up and turned into a Trumpista chatterbox since the election

And not since the election either.
What could I have said?
Obama is a scold? I said that.
Democrats and Republicans don't care about citizens?
Does that need saying?
I choose not to indulge in whining and name calling.

--
Michael Press