Argue with the list if you want

JGibson

Jan 31, 2018, 10:39:04 AM1/31/18
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-ranking-all-super-bowls-from-worst-to-first-patriots-own-top-three/

but it mostly just reminds me of how many crappy Super Bowls I watched during my formative years in the '80s. The NFL must have gotten better at telling their teams exactly how much to win by...

Marty McMahone

Jan 31, 2018, 11:17:49 AM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 9:39:04 AM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-ranking-all-super-bowls-from-worst-to-first-patriots-own-top-three/
>
> but it mostly just reminds me of how many crappy Super Bowls I watched during my formative years in the '80s. The NFL must have gotten better at telling their teams exactly how much to win by...

I might quibble about some choices, but I'm impressed that he didn't over inflate some games that look good but weren't (like Super Bowl V).

And, yes, most of the Super Bowls before about 1995 were lousy.

plai...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 12:02:45 PM1/31/18
Yay! I went to the 33rd best Super Bowl! It seemed better than that, but maybe it's because the right team won.

JGibson

Jan 31, 2018, 12:56:04 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 12:02:45 PM UTC-5, plai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yay! I went to the 33rd best Super Bowl! It seemed better than that, but maybe it's because the right team won.

For the same reason (although I did not attend), I thought the 38th best Super Bowl was better than that. Also that either Seattle 43, Denver 8 or San Francisco 55, Denver 10 should have taken bottom spot over the 49ers-Chargers game. Also, Super Bowl 32 should be #1, not #13.

unclejr

Jan 31, 2018, 1:29:03 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 11:02:45 AM UTC-6, plai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yay! I went to the 33rd best Super Bowl! It seemed better than that, but maybe it's because the right team won.

I went to the 12th best Super Bowel, and I didn't even know it at the time. I was definitely cheering on the losing side in that one.

GrtArtiste

Jan 31, 2018, 2:18:09 PM1/31/18

#11 SB XXXVI was the game where my cousin & I split the cost of a $100
bet which paid out $1250. It was the first and last time that Tom Brady
did anything good for me.

GrtArtiste

michael anderson

Jan 31, 2018, 2:22:50 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 9:39:04 AM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-ranking-all-super-bowls-from-worst-to-first-patriots-own-top-three/
>
> but it mostly just reminds me of how many crappy Super Bowls I watched during my formative years in the '80s. The NFL must have gotten better at telling their teams exactly how much to win by...

ridiculous list....no way were those three patriots super bowls(I thought last year was kind of blah...the falcons gave it away more than anything with retarded decisions like giving up an easy field goal attempt that would have made it 11 pt lead late) than several of those, including the giants-bills whitney Houston superbowl for sure.

the helmet catch superbowl I could maybe see in the top 3...the others not so much. just in my lifetime I'd have 49ers-bengals, steelers-cards, and bills-giants above the other two.

darkst...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 9:06:20 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 11:22:50 AM UTC-8, michael anderson wrote:

> ridiculous list....no way were those three patriots super bowls(I thought last year was kind of blah...the falcons gave it away more than anything with retarded decisions like giving up an easy field goal attempt that would have made it 11 pt lead late) than several of those, including the giants-bills whitney Houston superbowl for sure.
>
> the helmet catch superbowl I could maybe see in the top 3...the others not so much. just in my lifetime I'd have 49ers-bengals, steelers-cards, and bills-giants above the other two.

It's a Patriots fluff piece, as has been basically ALL national SB coverage outside of the one Philadelphia Eagle who has said he will boycott Trump if they win.

Mike

Michael Press

Feb 3, 2018, 4:57:59 PM2/3/18
In article <e34c8467-ddb7-44f7...@googlegroups.com>,
JGibson <james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-ranking-all-super-bowls-from-worst-to-first-patriots-own-top-three/
>
> but it mostly just reminds me of how many crappy Super Bowls I watched during my formative years in the '80s. The NFL must have gotten better at telling their teams exactly how much to win by...

Speed Limit 55
Broncos 10

I basked in the radiance of this game for every second.

------

Oakland Raiders 27
Philadelphia Eagles 10

One draft pick season John Madden called John Robinson
and asked if there was anybody flying under the radar.

Answer: OLB Rod Martin on the cover of SI for getting
three interceptions, one for a TD.

--
Michael Press