Car v Peds in Times Square

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

May 18, 2017, 12:19:54 PM5/18/17
many injured - possible fatality - developing

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

May 18, 2017, 12:37:17 PM5/18/17
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11:19:54 AM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> many injured - possible fatality - developing

sounds like a drunk driver w/ prior duis

meda...@gmail.com

May 18, 2017, 2:28:14 PM5/18/17
DUI in Times Square?!? Brilliant.

xyzzy

May 18, 2017, 4:17:26 PM5/18/17
"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right"

Futbol Phan

May 19, 2017, 12:04:26 AM5/19/17
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11:19:54 AM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> many injured - possible fatality - developing

BREAKING NEWS!!!! POSSIBLE TERROR ATTACK!!!!! noneverminditwasjustadrunkdriverandthey killohabout10,000peopleayearnotthecoupladozenthatterroristskillnothingtoseehere

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

May 19, 2017, 7:53:07 AM5/19/17
Did you get that from Chris Hayes or Matt Yglesias?

And did you note the incredible amount of time and resources we've spent on DUI reduction - both past and ongoing? Like public records, jail and random spotcheck roadblocks?

dotsla...@gmail.com

May 19, 2017, 9:31:36 AM5/19/17
DUI - another great reason to shift to self-driving cars.

Also one of the biggest obstacles to shifting to self-driving cars (the hardest thing to deal with are other human drivers, especially the irrational ones).

Cheers.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

May 19, 2017, 9:39:33 AM5/19/17
? Why would DUIs be an obstacle to self-driving cars? Do you mean b/c we can't protect ourselves from self-drivers who are DUI?

dotsla...@gmail.com

May 19, 2017, 9:46:00 AM5/19/17
Yeah, that's exactly it. The most unpredictable / difficult thing for these self-drivers are human drivers around them.

Throw in a bottle of tequila...

But I do think it'll take something (buzzword alert) disruptive like that to really make any headway with the issue. For every habitual drunk driver on the road at 2 am on friday, I'm guessing there are a half dozen that just "had a little too much". Drinking is pretty ingrained in our society.

Cheers.