poor Mike Riley, should-a stayed at Oregon State

Eric Ramon

Oct 31, 2015, 2:40:00 PM10/31/15
getting beaten by 1-6 Purdue at the moment. At Oregon State the expectations were low, low, low so finishing at 3-9 was sort of ok.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Oct 31, 2015, 2:48:43 PM10/31/15
On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 1:40:00 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
> getting beaten by 1-6 Purdue at the moment. At Oregon State the expectations were low, low, low so finishing at 3-9 was sort of ok.

What's Barry Switzer up to these days?

xyzzy

Oct 31, 2015, 3:54:19 PM10/31/15
Or Frank Solich for that matter

Thomas R. Kettler

Oct 31, 2015, 5:27:05 PM10/31/15
In article <58ce4a80-85db-4943...@googlegroups.com>,
He's gunning for it at the airport.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Oct 31, 2015, 7:43:07 PM10/31/15
That just meen

Thomas R. Kettler

Oct 31, 2015, 11:54:57 PM10/31/15
In article <11254ef4-358e-41a2...@googlegroups.com>,
Well, xyzzy has been known to engage in Bobcatty behavior on this forum
in the past.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Nov 1, 2015, 6:59:43 AM11/1/15
O hio know this to be true

RSFC Moderator

Nov 2, 2015, 11:11:18 AM11/2/15
Frank is doing very well in his ten and a half years at Ohio.

In the 20 years before he got there, Ohio was 61-157-5 (0.285). Over that period, that ranked them 109/114 teams.

In his first 10 years at Ohio the team was 72-56 (0.563). That was good for 49/124.

This years team is 5-3 with a big game at Bowling Green on Wednesday.

He's won 2 bowls at a program that had never won a bowl before.

I don't know how many years he has left as a coach-- he's 71 now-- but he's been a great hire at the "Harvard on the Hocking".

BTW: he was 58-29 (0.667) at Nebraska, they have been 91-50 (0.645) since. So, the drop off hasn't been as bad as you might have though.

michael anderson

Nov 2, 2015, 12:34:01 PM11/2/15
On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 10:11:18 AM UTC-6, RSFC Moderator wrote:

> BTW: he was 58-29 (0.667) at Nebraska, they have been 91-50 (0.645) since. So, the drop off hasn't been as bad as you might have though.

because those 91 victories have come against:

1) fairly easy schedules
2) there haven't been enough top quality wins
3) they haven't been a factor in any way over that time in any season. completely irrelevant

Michael Press

Nov 2, 2015, 3:50:38 PM11/2/15
In article <b499750a-f3c1-4a32...@googlegroups.com>,
Say it. I know you want to. Say
"Ohio is just not a good team."

--
Michael Press

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Nov 2, 2015, 4:12:18 PM11/2/15
"Every team, no matter their league, if they don't compete at an SEC level
they are dog meat and are irrelevant."

That's his story and he's sticking to it.

--
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
-- General George S. Patton

xyzzy

Nov 2, 2015, 4:28:30 PM11/2/15
Well he'll have a point until a team not the SEC wins a national championship.

Oh wait.