My exciting day

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2017, 5:03:20 PM6/28/17
Walked out of my hotel room this afternoon, headed downstairs for a meeting / product demo.

As I turn in he hall, there's a woman on the floor. Walked over and tried to rouse her, non-responsive. Checked her pulse, which I suck at, nothing. After some chest compressions, she started breathing again with a very weak pulse. I yelled at the housekeeping folks to call 911.

EMTs showed up and I was just in the way by then. She was still non responsive and her pulse was weak when I walked away to my meeting.

Hope she made it.

Life is brief and unplannable. Love your loved ones. Forgive others.

Ken Olson

Jun 28, 2017, 7:47:40 PM6/28/17
Good job, citizen!

unclejr

Jun 28, 2017, 10:16:06 PM6/28/17
5H3 W45 4 7RUMP 5UPP0R73R!!!11!!one!

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jun 28, 2017, 11:18:44 PM6/28/17
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 4:03:20 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Life is brief and unplannable. Love your loved ones. Forgive others.

:-)

jim brown

Jun 28, 2017, 11:51:32 PM6/28/17
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 4:03:20 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
My 54 yo sister had a pretty severe stroke this morning...she's in Iowa City with some paralysis getting tended to.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 28, 2017, 11:54:58 PM6/28/17
My prayers. I hope she regains all her cognitive function. I have
a cousin who did not, and became a permanent resident of a nursing
home at 49. Brutal, and I hope that things are better for your sister.

--
Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 12:55:16 AM6/29/17
54? Good grief. I hope it's all temporary.

There seems to be a higher incidence at younger ages these days. Wonder why.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 12:56:15 AM6/29/17
That's terrible. Debilitating events are frustrating when o me.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 29, 2017, 8:38:17 AM6/29/17
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:03:16 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Walked out of my hotel room this afternoon, headed downstairs for a meeting=
> / product demo.
>
>As I turn in he hall, there's a woman on the floor. Walked over and tried t=
>o rouse her, non-responsive. Checked her pulse, which I suck at, nothing. A=
>fter some chest compressions, she started breathing again with a very weak =
>pulse. I yelled at the housekeeping folks to call 911.
>
>EMTs showed up and I was just in the way by then. She was still non respon=
>sive and her pulse was weak when I walked away to my meeting.
>
>Hope she made it.
>
>Life is brief and unplannable. Love your loved ones. Forgive others.

It's easy to do when you are just practicing - it's not in real life.

"She started breathing again..." How does it feel to be a hero?

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 8:56:10 AM6/29/17
I've performed CPR twice in non-drowning situations.

The first guy was dead before he hit the ground. 2 of us gave him chest compressions for probably 30 minutes before the EMTs arrived. It was august, in the 90s.

Things didn't look good for this lady, but she never really turned blue so she at least had some oxygen flowing.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 29, 2017, 12:59:00 PM6/29/17
>---
>http://www.avg.com

I sit here knowing I could do the same thing. Now if I could just quit
wondering about whether I could.

Hugh

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 1:01:09 PM6/29/17