Random musings

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 28, 2014, 7:43:07 AM9/28/14
Dabo Sweeney pulled a Thomas Edison - Watson, come here - and boy did he ever. Looks like they found a qb for a couple years.

Colorado State goes to BC and wins. Just because Akron punking Pitt wasn't enough shame for the ACC

Indiana - are they now the front runner of the SEC East or did Maryland take that spot?

SEC West - yeah - we get it. I'll be watching. Still not sold on TAMU tho - at least to the level of bama or auburn

Wisconsin - you laughed when I penciled in a loss at Northwestern next week.

Shame the running backs aren't getting more pub this year - between Gurley, Abdullah and Gordon we've got some backs doing terrific things and running angry - toss in the guys from Arkie just for good measure

This is why Jameis is forgiven - rightly or wrongly or whateverly. FSU is beatable - not sure there's anyone in the ACC who can do it tho.

Yale boola boolas Army. Why does that feel so wrong?

Cal football - must see TV - just turn it on in the 4th quarter and watch the next 17 hours of coverage

I see Wazzou beat Utah. Admit it - you'd love to see Wazzou play Michigan right now - in the Big House - and have Leach do crazy shit after dancing on the ghost of Brady Hoke - he who MUST beat both Sparty and the Bucknuts to save his job. I'm not sure they win again this year - the rest of their schedule is highly losable.

Minnesota! Too thin to go all the way to the biggest 10 cg - they'll lose to UNL and someone else - but they're going to be annoying rodents the rest of the way fo' sho'

Kentucky! Maybe that ot game at the swamp wasn't such a fluke. Baby steps.

agavi...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2014, 8:21:54 AM9/28/14
Re:TAMU & AU; I think AU's secondary is a major weakness. Especially, since their best player has been suspended for two weeks.

Also, it seems defenses have figured out how to slow the run game. The last two weeks have been a bit less impressive.

Maybe they'll get some dinged up players back, but I'm not sold on them being considered a top team in the West yet. I think that belongs to TAMU, SPUAT, and believe it or not, MSU.

michael anderson

Sep 28, 2014, 10:43:18 AM9/28/14
On Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:43:07 AM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> Dabo Sweeney pulled a Thomas Edison - Watson, come here - and boy did he ever. Looks like they found a qb for a couple years.
>

> Colorado State goes to BC and wins. Just because Akron punking Pitt wasn't enough shame for the ACC
>

> Indiana - are they now the front runner of the SEC East or did Maryland take that spot?
>

> SEC West - yeah - we get it.

we will never see a collection of teams 1-7 like in the sec west this year. I believe you literally may have 5 of the 10 or so best teams in the country in that one division, and all 7 i think are top 20 quality

dnrapp

Sep 28, 2014, 12:38:47 PM9/28/14
They may be a good division but as a division they only play 4 games against the other 4 power conferences, it is hard to know just how good they are.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Sep 28, 2014, 1:13:25 PM9/28/14
On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 05:21:54 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Re:TAMU & AU; I think AU's secondary is a major weakness. Especially, since their best player has been suspended for two weeks.
>
>Also, it seems defenses have figured out how to slow the run game. The last two weeks have been a bit less impressive.

I agree.

>Maybe they'll get some dinged up players back, but I'm not sold on them being considered a top team in the West yet. I think that belongs to TAMU, SPUAT, and believe it or not, MSU.

One good game doesn't make Bama great. I want to see the results of
the next 6 first.

Hugh

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Sep 28, 2014, 4:55:16 PM9/28/14
> This is why Jameis is forgiven - rightly or wrongly or whateverly. FSU is beatable - not sure there's anyone in the ACC who can do it tho.

They're giving thanks that they don't have to play Georgia Tech </'casm>

JGibson

Sep 28, 2014, 6:03:40 PM9/28/14
On Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:55:16 PM UTC-4, Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger wrote:
> > This is why Jameis is forgiven - rightly or wrongly or whateverly. FSU is beatable - not sure there's anyone in the ACC who can do it tho.
>

> They're giving thanks that they don't have to play Georgia Tech </'casm>

Right now, their on pace for the ACC championship game.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Sep 28, 2014, 9:53:32 PM9/28/14

> > They're giving thanks that they don't have to play Georgia Tech </'casm>
>

> Right now, their on pace for the ACC championship game.

They must be the worst 4-0 team extant. They barely beat two FCSish schools.

Michael Press

Sep 28, 2014, 11:50:04 PM9/28/14
In article <76257482-c3a7-49c1...@googlegroups.com>,
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas Edison - Watson, come here

¿Que?

--
Michael Press

RoddyMcCorley

Sep 29, 2014, 12:18:18 AM9/29/14
On 9/28/2014 11:50 PM, Michael Press wrote:
> In article <76257482-c3a7-49c1...@googlegroups.com>,
> "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thomas Edison - Watson, come here
>
> ¿Que?

Watson, venga aqiu!

--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.

Michael Press

Sep 29, 2014, 1:23:04 AM9/29/14
In article <m0amhi$mfe$1...@dont-email.me>,
RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 9/28/2014 11:50 PM, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <76257482-c3a7-49c1...@googlegroups.com>,
> > "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thomas Edison - Watson, come here
> >
> > ¿Que?
> >
> Watson, venga aqiu!

:)

--
Michael Press

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 29, 2014, 8:11:31 AM9/29/14

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 29, 2014, 8:11:53 AM9/29/14
On Sunday, September 28, 2014 11:18:18 PM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 9/28/2014 11:50 PM, Michael Press wrote:
>
> > In article <76257482-c3a7-49c1...@googlegroups.com>,
>
> > "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> Thomas Edison - Watson, come here
>

> > ¿Que?
>

> Watson, venga aqiu!

Bueno!

Michael Press

Sep 29, 2014, 4:06:40 PM9/29/14
In article <fe49e8ce-1bd8-41bf...@googlegroups.com>,
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:50:04 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <76257482-c3a7-49c1...@googlegroups.com>,
> >
> > "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Thomas Edison - Watson, come here
> >

> > ¿Que?
> >

> http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/27/clemson-freshman-qb-watson-has-6-tds-in-50-35-win/16369197/

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Graham_Bell#The_race_to_the_patent_office>

¿comprender?

--
Michael Press

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 29, 2014, 4:17:54 PM9/29/14
d'oh! si - that's what I get for trying to be a little clever - at least you caught it...

Thomas R. Kettler

Sep 30, 2014, 12:42:48 PM9/30/14
In article <9a668ca5-e33c-4516...@googlegroups.com>,
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, September 29, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <fe49e8ce-1bd8-41bf...@googlegroups.com>,

> > > http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/27/clemson-freshman-qb-
> > > watson-has-6-tds-in-50-35-win/16369197/
> >
> > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Graham_Bell#The_race_to_the_patent_o
> > ffice>
> >
> > ¿comprender?
>
> d'oh! si - that's what I get for trying to be a little clever - at least you
> caught it...

Edison preferred "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

<http://www.scpr.org/blogs/news/2012/10/25/10712/hear-thomas-edison-sing-
rare-1878-audio-restored-f/>

BTW, is Wisconsin now recruiting QB's from other ACC schools besides NC
State? Please don't go after Jameis Winston.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 12:52:23 PM9/30/14
On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:42:48 AM UTC-5, Thomas R. Kettler wrote:
> In article <9a668ca5-e33c-4516...@googlegroups.com>,
>

> BTW, is Wisconsin now recruiting QB's from other ACC schools besides NC
>
> State? Please don't go after Jameis Winston.

Not until he graduates....and given his career path, I'm thinking that's prolly not happening