Alan Sokal approves.

Michael Press

May 10, 2017, 6:08:46 PM5/10/17
Teresa Lloro-Bidart, an associate professor of liberal studies
California State Polytechnic University Pomona, argues in a
recent paper that eastern fox squirrels are subjected to a
“gendered, racialized, and speciesist” form of media bias.

| Given that the shift in tree squirrel demographics is a
| relatively recent phenomenon, this case presents a unique
| opportunity to question and retheorize the ontological given of
| ‘otherness’ that manifests, in part, through a politics whereby
| animal food choices ‘[come] to stand in for both compliance and
| resistance to the dominant forces in [human] culture’. I,
| therefore, juxtapose feminist posthumanist theories and feminist
| food studies scholarship to demonstrate how eastern fox squirrels
| are subjected to gendered, racialized, and speciesist thinking in
| the popular news media as a result of their feeding/eating
| practices, their unique and unfixed spatial arrangements in the
| greater Los Angeles region, and the western, modernist human
| frame through which humans interpret these actions.

The paper is is titled, “When ‘Angelino’ squirrels don’t eat
nuts: a feminist posthumanist politics of consumption across
southern California,” It argues that humans are responsible for
“otherizing” eastern fox squirrels.

<http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/10/professor-argues-squirrels-are-subjected-to-racially-charged-media-bias/>

--
Michael Press