Best Colege BB Coach?

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2017, 9:02:17 AM3/25/17
My vote goes to Calipari.

Sure, he recruits bluechippers, but he turns those kids into a powerful team by the end of the year every year.

shiite

Mar 25, 2017, 10:53:49 AM3/25/17
On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 8:02:17 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> My vote goes to Calipari.
>
> Sure, he recruits bluechippers, but he turns those kids into a powerful team by the end of the year every year.

There are a handful of coaches(Calipari, Kryzewski, Izzo, Williams, Self) that belong in that conversation, but my current favorites are Frank Martin and Greg Marshall. Old school Bob Knight clones.

JGibson

Mar 27, 2017, 9:54:55 AM3/27/17
On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 9:02:17 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> My vote goes to Calipari.
>
> Sure, he recruits bluechippers, but he turns those kids into a powerful team by the end of the year every year.

As Lorenzo Romar and the Washington Huskies found out, you have to do more than recruit blue chippers. Six straight years with no trip to the NCAA tournament despite several NBA players coming through the door. 2-16 in the Pac-12 this year with the supposed #1 pick in the upcoming NBA draft.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 4:45:16 PM3/27/17
LOL. NCSU since Valvano.

michael anderson

Mar 27, 2017, 6:37:02 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:54:55 AM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
> On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 9:02:17 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > My vote goes to Calipari.
> >
> > Sure, he recruits bluechippers, but he turns those kids into a powerful team by the end of the year every year.
>
> As Lorenzo Romar and the Washington Huskies found out, you have to do more than recruit blue chippers.

the thing is though, he's about the *only* example....in college basketball, if you get the players you get the bigtime success.