Republicans advertise on Big Bang Theory and Modern Family - Dems advertise on......

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 9:17:41 AM9/30/14

J. Hugh Sullivan

Sep 30, 2014, 12:08:21 PM9/30/14
Jameis Winston is a believer in the Big Bang Theory (I think).

Hugh

xyzzy

Sep 30, 2014, 4:04:50 PM9/30/14
I love this kind of data. That's really interesting. But your headline kind of distorts it because daytime talk shows are shown differently from Prime Time shows. Interesting you didn't say that Republicans advertise the most on Dr. Phil, for example.

But if you look at the demographic profiles of a these shows it makes sense. TBBT probably has a more male audience than The Good Wife (which is the top prime time show for Democratic advertising). Along those lines, I was most surprised to see that the GOP advertises on The View more than the Dems do.

Might also have a lot to do with what shows are more popular in what states. If TBBT is most popular in CA (no competitive Senate race) but The Good Wife is more popular in NC (with a competitive Senate race), for example, that could skew the data too.

Finally the note at the end, that The Andy Griffith Show was the most Republican of the syndicated re-runs is interesting. Andy Griffith himself was a big time Democrat, and the NC GOP hates him because they believe his endorsement saved the Democrat's campaign for governor in 2008. Democrats should probably hate him for that more, because she was a disaster who was one of the causes of the subsequent GOP takeover of the state.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 4:23:47 PM9/30/14
On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:04:50 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:17:41 AM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
>
> > Access Hollywood and Scandal
>

> > Kind of interesting look at who advertises where
>

> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/09/29/republicans-advertise-on-the-big-bang-theory-democrats-buy-ads-on-big-brother/
>

> I love this kind of data. That's really interesting. But your headline kind of distorts it because daytime talk shows are shown differently from Prime Time shows.

Nooooo.....

Interesting you didn't say that Republicans advertise the most on Dr. Phil, for example.

We're all allowed our little posting liberties - I could have mentioned how Dems like "reality" tv shows too - or hate Sunday morning news shows

> But if you look at the demographic profiles of a these shows it makes sense. TBBT probably has a more male audience than The Good Wife (which is the top prime time show for Democratic advertising). Along those lines, I was most surprised to see that the GOP advertises on The View more than the Dems do.

Yeah - that one caught my eye - perhaps it is a matter of small sample size?

> Might also have a lot to do with what shows are more popular in what states. If TBBT is most popular in CA (no competitive Senate race) but The Good Wife is more popular in NC (with a competitive Senate race), for example, that could skew the data too.

Indeed - you can see that with the Orman advertising

> Finally the note at the end, that The Andy Griffith Show was the most Republican of the syndicated re-runs is interesting. Andy Griffith himself was a big time Democrat, and the NC GOP hates him because they believe his endorsement saved the Democrat's campaign for governor in 2008. Democrats should probably hate him for that more, because she was a disaster who was one of the causes of the subsequent GOP takeover of the state.

Did they mention Dems fav rerun and I didn't see it?

That's interesting above, btw - didn't know that.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 4:25:17 PM9/30/14
BTW - no snark about the two shows GOP advertises on which I highlighted in the header? One about science geeks and the other about dysfunctional multicultural families with teh gay people?

xyzzy

Sep 30, 2014, 4:28:51 PM9/30/14
On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:25:17 PM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:

> BTW - no snark about the two shows GOP advertises on which I highlighted in the header? One about science geeks and the other about dysfunctional multicultural families with teh gay people?

Not from me. TBBT is one of my faves and I've never watched Modern Family.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 4:36:33 PM9/30/14
gEEZ....do I have to do everything for one? Republicans hate science, remember? And teh gays? So therefore, they must love fantasy shows...right?

xyzzy

Sep 30, 2014, 4:49:47 PM9/30/14
Ummm, TBBT IS fantasy. What part of "50% of the leading male nerd characters have HAWT wives/girlfriends" did you miss?

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 4:56:35 PM9/30/14
Exactly!

Wolfie

Sep 30, 2014, 5:40:50 PM9/30/14

"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" wrote

> I could have mentioned how Dems ...
> hate Sunday morning news shows

You mean shows like "Meet John McCain", "Face
the Nation with John McCain," "This Week with
John McCain" and "Fox News Sunday with John
McCain?" I can't imagine why....

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 30, 2014, 5:46:03 PM9/30/14
B/c he helped elect the president?