Healthcare conversation

JGibson

Jun 23, 2017, 7:29:58 AM6/23/17
Pulled this from Facebook:

[A]. It's about freedom. The freedom to walk away from your medical bills and leave them to the rest of us to pay. Freedom!!

[B] I had to file chapter 7 because of Medical bills... y'all still get to pay.

[A] For 20+ years, uncompensated care - those bills that hospitals have to absorb - hovered around 6%. In 2014, they dropped to 5.3%. In 2015, 4.2%. That represents a drop of $11 billion since 2013, but still over $35 billion. (source: AHA UNCOMPENSATED HOSPITAL CARE COST FACT SHEET). You know who pays that $35 billion? We do, in higher health care costs. Fewer people with insurance equals more uncompensated care, because it turns out that people who don't need health insurance still have things happen that require health care.

[B] I have Insurance, the trouble is the long term stuff after a major issue. like a Stroke while undergoing Brain Surgery. not many people can take a year or more to recover it's just financially impossible.

[B] so then Credit card rates go up too, and other stuff as well.

So, I guess this is the solution to that Iowa guy? Just tell him to declare bankruptcy.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 23, 2017, 8:54:38 AM6/23/17
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 04:29:57 -0700 (PDT), JGibson
<james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Pulled this from Facebook:
>
>[A]. It's about freedom. The freedom to walk away from your medical bills a=
>nd leave them to the rest of us to pay. Freedom!!
>
>[B] I had to file chapter 7 because of Medical bills... y'all still get to =
>pay.
>
>[A] For 20+ years, uncompensated care - those bills that hospitals have to =
>absorb - hovered around 6%. In 2014, they dropped to 5.3%. In 2015, 4.2%. T=
>hat represents a drop of $11 billion since 2013, but still over $35 billion=
>=2E (source: AHA UNCOMPENSATED HOSPITAL CARE COST FACT SHEET). You know who=
> pays that $35 billion? We do, in higher health care costs. Fewer people wi=
>th insurance equals more uncompensated care, because it turns out that peop=
>le who don't need health insurance still have things happen that require he=
>alth care.
>
>[B] I have Insurance, the trouble is the long term stuff after a major issu=
>e. like a Stroke while undergoing Brain Surgery. not many people can take a=
> year or more to recover it's just financially impossible.
>
>[B] so then Credit card rates go up too, and other stuff as well.
>
>So, I guess this is the solution to that Iowa guy? Just tell him to declar=
>e bankruptcy.

It must be easy to use an exception to illustrate frequency.

What would have happened before the UnACA was passed?

What would happen if we let the worthless people die and assisted only
those who made their best effort?

If, as liberals believe, equality can be legislated, the man would not
have medical problems that others did not.

Life is not fair - liberals make it unfairer by robbing responsible
people to pay those who are not.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com