College football data warehouse enters 10-3-39

Marty McMahone

May 25, 2017, 10:11:48 PM5/25/17
After a somewhat troubled recent existence (including attracting a virus not too long ago) cfdb appears to have finally bit the dust. I've tried to access it a few times and the page simply doesn't exist anymore.

A shame really. It was a nicely organized set of data in relation to HTH play and overall records.

CtrlAltDel

May 25, 2017, 10:59:47 PM5/25/17
Damn. I loved that site.

Looks like the next best one, or best one in my opinion, is also going
away. The site admin. has a page up telling everyone he is probably done
very soon.

http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_menu.php

This site was very comprehensive and the ways to organize your data were
endless, almost to the point of confusion.

xyzzy

May 26, 2017, 10:00:00 AM5/26/17
On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 10:11:48 PM UTC-4, Marty McMahone wrote:
> After a somewhat troubled recent existence (including attracting a virus not too long ago) cfdb appears to have finally bit the dust. I've tried to access it a few times and the page simply doesn't exist anymore.
>
> A shame really. It was a nicely organized set of data in relation to HTH play and overall records.

The one I use is still there.

http://football.stassen.com/records/

CtrlAltDel

May 27, 2017, 10:53:21 PM5/27/17
Wow. I remember that site from long before I ever visited this group.
Didn't Stassen or someone like him that operated a stat site used to post
here? It seems like I remember following a link to an old RSFC
conversation and Stassen? was participating?

xyzzy

May 29, 2017, 11:12:57 AM5/29/17
Yes he used to post here that's how I found that site.

Back before the death of usenet.

agavi...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 2:04:50 PM5/29/17
I think that's how we all found it.

plai...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 8:58:00 PM5/29/17
I'm going to miss that site. It was my go to place for historical data. Somebody there did a lot of research to get scores of all games for schools, some going back to the 1800s. Even for some Div 2 schools, Div 3 schools and schools with long discontinued programs. I hope all that got saved somewhere and will be available.