What shall we do with our Greece?

michael anderson

Jun 30, 2015, 9:02:08 PM6/30/15

Puerto Rico I mean of course....

I've heard one obstacle to getting them back on track(in terms of attracting business and growing the economy) is the minimum wage....which is 3 times higher than comparable labor in DR. Gee I wonder where capital will set up when that is the case.....

I read something that said due to bankruptcy court laws and jurisdictions, all the bond holders can just go straight to the utilities and tax revenues to get what they are owed.(and they should). That's going to make am even bigger mess of the country, and the adults over there now who are employable(a dwindling number....a third by some estimates) will flood New York and central Florida.

It's not looking good....

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 30, 2015, 9:17:30 PM6/30/15
Actually, it is an ongoing laboratory for the increased minimum wage.
Lefties talk like it wouldn't make that much difference to
workers except to improve their lots, but the federal minimum wage is
a significant barrier to employment in Puerto Rico, which suffers from
a 14% unemployment rate (40% for young people). One of the proposed
measures for recovery is suspension of the minimum wage. And the bozos
on the left want to double it...

--
We should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions
where ideas do not have to work in order to survive. -- Thomas Sowell

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jun 30, 2015, 11:24:51 PM6/30/15
Sell it to Cuba.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 30, 2015, 11:44:44 PM6/30/15
On 2015-07-01, Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sell it to Cuba.

I don't think they have enough cigars...

--
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Edison