tell me this isn't the most badass looking car on the road today....

michael anderson

Aug 31, 2017, 2:02:05 PM8/31/17
https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-r8

power, styling, exotic looking, relatively reliable and affordable....

just a complete badass car.

What cars will be beat this on the road? It's going to run pretty much even with a 911s turbo, new nsx, gallardo, etc.

The only thing that can probably beat it on a real road(not counting drag strip garbage like hellcats) is the z06 lt, but I'm not going to be a goddamn gm.

time to hit some big games this year so I can be in one of these soon.

Some dued

Aug 31, 2017, 2:08:18 PM8/31/17
Starting at 195k? You could do better.

Some dued

Aug 31, 2017, 2:10:32 PM8/31/17
Oops 165k, but still it looks just like a 350z.

michael anderson

Aug 31, 2017, 2:24:22 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:10:32 PM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> Oops 165k, but still it looks just like a 350z.

well I'll wait a little while and try to get a 2017 with maybe 6-10k miles for hopefully less.....

but no, on the road they *definately* dont look like a 350z. You see one in the wild and it's like "holy shit, what is that gorgeous car".....plus the sound.

xyzzy

Aug 31, 2017, 2:27:20 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 2:02:05 PM UTC-4, michael anderson wrote:
> https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-r8
>
> power, styling, exotic looking, relatively reliable and affordable....
>
> just a complete badass car.
>
> What cars will be beat this on the road?

2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus:
0-60: 2.6 seconds
1/4 mile: 10.6 seconds

2017 Tesla Model S in Ludicrous Mode:
0-60: 2.3 seconds
1/4 mile: 10.5 seconds

(Note I used the highest performance trim of each model in this comparison)

Some dued

Aug 31, 2017, 2:28:22 PM8/31/17
Not that it matters cause I'm not spending that kind of money on a car, but I like the more out of the ordinary stuff. I'd probably go for something like Aston Martin.

michael anderson

Aug 31, 2017, 3:28:22 PM8/31/17
eh....driving a car that massive just feels different though. I don't want a massive sedan. Plus, there is no sound with the Tesla. Plus, it looks like a massive sedan; the audi looks amazing/exotic. Also, while the tesla in ludicrous mode can beat it in a straight line *perhaps*, it's certainly not going to beat a low to the ground sports car with similar specs in real world/road.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Aug 31, 2017, 3:35:00 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:28:22 PM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> Not that it matters cause I'm not spending that kind of money on a car, but I like the more out of the ordinary stuff. I'd probably go for something like Aston Martin.

Same. The Audi looks like a wannabe Lambo that lost its wing. Whole lotta meh to my eye.

Plus, that huge ass grille - trying to outugly Toyota/Lexus with that silliness

xyzzy

Aug 31, 2017, 3:42:18 PM8/31/17
You're wrong, the Tesla has an extremely low center of gravity because most of its weight is in batteries low to the ground. It performs extremely well in the real world.

I'm not trying to sell you a Tesla because I know you don't want one. But you asked a question, which car that isn't drag strip garbage can beat the R8. And I answered.

wolfie

Aug 31, 2017, 5:15:04 PM8/31/17
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" wrote

> The Audi looks like a wannabe Lambo that lost its wing. Whole lotta meh
> to my eye.

But it'll look good paired-up with mom jeans.

agavi...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2017, 5:19:46 PM8/31/17
No offense to the Cheezehusker, but that's just a Volkswagen.

michael anderson

Aug 31, 2017, 10:47:57 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 2:42:18 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 3:28:22 PM UTC-4, michael anderson wrote:

> > > 2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus:
> > > 0-60: 2.6 seconds
> > > 1/4 mile: 10.6 seconds
> > >
> > > 2017 Tesla Model S in Ludicrous Mode:
> > > 0-60: 2.3 seconds
> > > 1/4 mile: 10.5 seconds
> > >
> > > (Note I used the highest performance trim of each model in this comparison)
> >
> > eh....driving a car that massive just feels different though. I don't want a massive sedan. Plus, there is no sound with the Tesla. Plus, it looks like a massive sedan; the audi looks amazing/exotic. Also, while the tesla in ludicrous mode can beat it in a straight line *perhaps*, it's certainly not going to beat a low to the ground sports car with similar specs in real world/road.
>
> You're wrong, the Tesla has an extremely low center of gravity because most of its weight is in batteries low to the ground. It performs extremely well in the real world.

yes but it still isn't going to beat a car with almost identical specs that is a true 2 seater sports car.

michael anderson

Aug 31, 2017, 10:48:41 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 2:35:00 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:28:22 PM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> > Not that it matters cause I'm not spending that kind of money on a car, but I like the more out of the ordinary stuff. I'd probably go for something like Aston Martin.
>
> Same. The Audi looks like a wannabe Lambo that lost its wing. Whole lotta meh to my eye.

have you seen one in the wild before? looks totally different then.

jim brown

Aug 31, 2017, 11:15:59 PM8/31/17
Ghey.

wolfie

Aug 31, 2017, 11:22:24 PM8/31/17
"michael anderson" wrote

> yes but it still isn't going to beat a car with almost
> identical specs that is a true 2 seater sports car.

It'll out-perform your capabilities and be a lot more
forgiving if you exceed them.

unclejr

Sep 1, 2017, 3:31:11 AM9/1/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:02:05 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
I'd rather have one of these.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIWgkkwVYAAlO_2.jpg

Ken Olson

Sep 1, 2017, 5:16:35 AM9/1/17
Viper ACR

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 1, 2017, 8:05:48 AM9/1/17
coffee spewage

agavi...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 8:06:41 AM9/1/17
LOL. If one of those trucks we drew as 2nd graders was actually built.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 1, 2017, 8:07:20 AM9/1/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 9:48:41 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 2:35:00 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:28:22 PM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> > > Not that it matters cause I'm not spending that kind of money on a car, but I like the more out of the ordinary stuff. I'd probably go for something like Aston Martin.
> >
> > Same. The Audi looks like a wannabe Lambo that lost its wing. Whole lotta meh to my eye.
>
> have you seen one in the wild before? looks totally different then.

Yes - I thot a GT-R had a child with a TT

Look, if you dig the car, then go for it. Some people thot the Aztek was attractive. It IS quicker than hell - a quality you're likely to never use.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Sep 1, 2017, 8:08:10 AM9/1/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 4:19:46 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> No offense to the Cheezehusker, but that's just a Volkswagen.

I donut mind. And you're right.

michael anderson

Sep 1, 2017, 9:49:58 AM9/1/17
The difference is the aztec was uniformly reviewed as an ugly car whereas every review glows at how gorgeous and striking the r8 is. But yeah I know, whats attractive to one person may not be to another....

The problem with the aston to me is that the depreciation is crazy, its specs for that price range are only so-so(420 hp?), and to me it kind of has buick looking lines....

the quickness I do use...I'd take advantage of how quick it goes from 0 to 60. Its the top end speed I would never use(would prob never go over 80)

michael anderson

Sep 1, 2017, 9:52:12 AM9/1/17
probably....but same problem(and even worse) as the corvette.

unclejr

Sep 1, 2017, 12:52:53 PM9/1/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:02:05 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
How about Jay Leno's Tornado?

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/831/576/7576831.jpg

Michael Press

Sep 1, 2017, 3:39:50 PM9/1/17
In article <3dc15821-d011-4ca1...@googlegroups.com>,
Beyond the funny car all the way to silly.
Once down the strip and the flames will be scorched.
I'd pay to see it.

--
Michael Press