"Reality Winner"

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 6, 2017, 12:40:48 PM6/6/17
A) is apparently the real name of an NSA leaker
B) who was dumb enuf to use her work computer
C) should prolly sue her parents for trauma over her name

Michael Press

Jun 6, 2017, 5:09:39 PM6/6/17
In article <506396d2-4251-4f15...@googlegroups.com>,
"... even when shown the spoiled fruits of their folly, they are
utterly unfazed and unrepentant, and most importantly, blithely
unaccountable."

--
Michael Press

xyzzy

Jun 7, 2017, 3:45:52 PM6/7/17
worst tradecraft ever.
http://observer.com/2017/06/reality-winner-intercept-nsa-leak-explained/

However as the linked article says, it does beg the question of why the national security apparatus relies so heavily on outside contractors.

"A former U.S. Air Force linguist with Top Secret security clearances, she was hired only this February to work for Pluribus International Corporation, a defense contractor which provides workers at numerous Defense Department and Intelligence Community facilities. Here she followed a customary pattern: a young person with intelligence skills and security clearances obtained in uniform accepting a far more lucrative position—often doubling her salary at least—doing essentially the exact same job she did while in the Air Force."

"While we’re at it, why are so many IC jobs still being outsourced to pricey contractors, who constitute the lion’s share of our problem with leakers and turncoats of late? While Booz Allen Hamilton must be breathing a sigh of relief since Winner wasn’t their employee—unlike Edward Snowden and Harold Martin, NSA’s other recent miscreants—fundamental questions about overuse of unreliable defense contractors linger."

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 5:44:21 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 12:45:50 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"A former U.S. Air Force linguist with Top Secret security clearances, she =
>was hired only this February to work for Pluribus International Corporation=
>, a defense contractor which provides workers at numerous Defense Departmen=
>t and Intelligence Community facilities.

By her picture it looks like she was hired under the government
mandated lesbian policy.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 1:33:09 AM6/8/17
Wow.

That almost sounds to me like someone who would've gotten a million dollars from a television program, and the last act to win it would be to change their name to "Reality Winner".

Mike

xyzzy

Jun 9, 2017, 9:21:50 AM6/9/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 3:45:52 PM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:40:48 PM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> > A) is apparently the real name of an NSA leaker
> > B) who was dumb enuf to use her work computer
> > C) should prolly sue her parents for trauma over her name
>
> worst tradecraft ever.
> http://observer.com/2017/06/reality-winner-intercept-nsa-leak-explained/

More.

Nerd alert!