Headlines in South China Morning Post

Michael Press

Feb 24, 2017, 2:48:09 PM2/24/17
<http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2073485/china-will-take-necessary-measures-e
vent-regime>
<http://tinyurl.com/gmof622>

"China will take ‘necessary steps’ for security if North Korean
regime collapses"

"if"?

| “The Chinese military will take the necessary measures, according
| to the need that arises in the security environment, to safeguard
| national security and sovereignty,” he said.

| Ren denied recent reports that China had sent troops to the
| border between China and North Korea

Because they are already they're?

<http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2073690/north-korean-state-media-issues-rare
-indirect-criticism>
<http://tinyurl.com/jh5gaaa>
"Beijing vows to ‘fully enforce’ UN sanctions against Pyongyang,
despite being ‘friendly neighbour’"

Hey, what are friends for?

Korean Central News Agency wrote, without naming names,

| “This country, styling itself a big power, is dancing to the tune
| of the US, while defending its mean behaviour with such excuses
| that it wasn’t meant to have a negative impact on the living
| standards of people in the DPRK but to check its nuclear
| programme,” the state-run news agency said.

referring to China having suspended buying coal from NK until December.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said “According to
our statistics, China has already approached the upper limits of
coal imports from North Korea,” Geng said. “So because of this,
we have stopped imports of coal from North Korea with a
responsible attitude.

--
Michael Press

agavi...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2017, 3:43:04 PM2/24/17
Someone on here called me stupid for thinking China would help us with NK.

Methinks China is getting tired of their puppet.

Michael Press

Feb 24, 2017, 3:45:58 PM2/24/17
In article <18d1629a-1075-4358...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone on here called me stupid for thinking China would help us with NK.
>
> Methinks China is getting tired of their puppet.

"If North Korean regime collapses."

--
Michael Press

agavi...@gmail.com