King-Of-The-Hill MemoQuery for Texans

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?

I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
Falls" line in tonight's show.

Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
"south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
Texas" begins at Waxahachie.

Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more
accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
go to Houston?)

Previous shows have also included day drives to Padre Island and Mexico.

The scenery is fairly non-descript.

Arlen is a "pig-processing" town, but I can't think of any town in Texas
infamous for that.

No one shows any favoritism to Bovines or Aggees. The Cowboys are
favored, but even before the Oilers moved, half the city of Houston would
probably list the Cowboys as their favorite team.

Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
as the real-life Arlen.

GT

Wendie Ryba

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <7ef3u2$q...@news.hawaii.edu>,

tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) writes:
> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?

Who cares?

Wendie Ryba

Go Orangemen! ry...@chickmail.com
Go Yankees! http://www.chickpages.com/sportorama/ryba/

Daryl D. Spillmann

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

Glenn A Tanner wrote:

> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>

> Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
> as the real-life Arlen.

I nominate Martindale.

--
-------------------------
Daryl D. Spillmann

Brian Wright

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

On 7 Apr 1999, Glenn A Tanner wrote:

> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>

> I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
> Falls" line in tonight's show.
>
> Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
> "south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
> Texas" begins at Waxahachie.
>
> Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more
> accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
> go to Houston?)
>
> Previous shows have also included day drives to Padre Island and Mexico.
>
> The scenery is fairly non-descript.
>
> Arlen is a "pig-processing" town, but I can't think of any town in Texas
> infamous for that.
>
> No one shows any favoritism to Bovines or Aggees. The Cowboys are
> favored, but even before the Oilers moved, half the city of Houston would
> probably list the Cowboys as their favorite team.
>

> Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
> as the real-life Arlen.

I vote Springfield.

Scott Harper

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <7ef3u2$q...@news.Hawaii.Edu>, tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?

Garland. Only dicks would ever live in Garland.

harp
gar^H^H^
austin,tx

Ben McSwain

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
> Who cares?
>
> Wendie Ryba
>
> Go Orangemen!
> Go Yankees!

So, if you don't care, why respond?

Orangemen Suck!
Yankees Suck!

Ben

Trace Magill

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
On 7 Apr 1999 08:10:42 GMT, tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:

>OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>

>Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
>as the real-life Arlen.
>

>GT

I vote for Cameron.

Hanta Yoemen!!

Trace

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
>OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?

http://www.austin360.com/entertainment/tv/stories/1999/04/6kingofthehill.html

I forgot about UT-Arlen, but there's still no way that Arlen = Austin.

GT

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <7efqej$3ce$1...@news.onramp.net>,
Scott Harper <scha...@cisco.com.ocsic> wrote:

>In article <7ef3u2$q...@news.Hawaii.Edu>, tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>>OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
>Garland.

Dallas traffic is never bad enough to make it a 6-hour drive from Garland
to Wichita Falls. Unless you're driving a skateboard.

>Only dicks would ever live in Garland.

MY WIFE USED TO LIVE IN GARLAND!! I'M G0NNA KICK YOU'RE AS!!!!!!

GT

Gary McManus

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
Glenn A Tanner wrote:

> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
> I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
> Falls" line in tonight's show.
>
> Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
> "south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
> Texas" begins at Waxahachie.
>
> Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more
> accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
> go to Houston?)
>
> Previous shows have also included day drives to Padre Island and Mexico.
>
> The scenery is fairly non-descript.
>
> Arlen is a "pig-processing" town, but I can't think of any town in Texas
> infamous for that.

Austin, freshman orientation for females. Learn it, live it, love it.

Gary McManus

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:

> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
> I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
> Falls" line in tonight's show.
>
> Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
> "south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
> Texas" begins at Waxahachie.

People in San Antonio try to convince me they are South Texas. My response
is South Central maybe. To me Central Texas begins around Pleasanton and
Poteet area. North Texas begins on the other side of Waco south of
Hillsboro.

> Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more
> accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
> go to Houston?)

A baseball game with UH? I went Tuesday night and got my once-every-three-
year reminder of why I will never live in the Houston area.

> Previous shows have also included day drives to Padre Island and Mexico.

I've done day trips from Corpus to San Anton before.

> The scenery is fairly non-descript.

Sounds more like West Texas.

> Arlen is a "pig-processing" town, but I can't think of any town in Texas
> infamous for that.

I could direct you to other odoriferous locales. Hereford comes to mind.

> No one shows any favoritism to Bovines or Aggees. The Cowboys are
> favored, but even before the Oilers moved, half the city of Houston would
> probably list the Cowboys as their favorite team.

The other half listed the Saints.

> Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
> as the real-life Arlen.

6 hrs to DFW? I don't watch the show, but based on the above, I'd be
thinking Abilene, Sweetwater or San Angelo area.

Craig K. Gowens
Hook'em Horns

--
De facto 1998 Big XII Champions
1999 Cotton Bowl Champions

1998: 34- 3 20-16 26-24
1997: 27-24
1996: 37-27 51-15

Chris Boyd

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

Glenn A Tanner <tan...@Hawaii.Edu> wrote in message

> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
> I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
> Falls" line in tonight's show.

I don't know, but the part where Hank visits the propane dealer in Wichita
Falls, and the redneck store clerk tells him off, about how podunk a
pig-town like Arlen is compared to Wichita Falls, because in Wichita Falls
you're 5 minutes away from Oklahoma (capping it with a GO SOONERS), and Hank
covers his sons ears....

We'll, that's a sure-fire sign of a anti-Okie bias there.

Kinda like the South Park episode where CU-grads Stone and Parker have
Cartman visit his family in Nebraska.

"You're entering Nebraska. Sorry."

Big XII is the cultural mecca of America.

Chris Boyd

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

Glenn A Tanner <tan...@Hawaii.Edu> wrote in message
> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
> I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
> Falls" line in tonight's show.

Also, I put in "Arlen, TX" into mapquest, and I got back a big red star a
little to the north of Brady, TX, out west of Lampasas.

Mike Judge used to live in Killeen for a while, so.....

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <NOSPAMckgowens-...@cs2867-99.austin.rr.com>,

Craig K. Gowens <NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL> wrote:
>tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>>
>> Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
>> "south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
>> Texas" begins at Waxahachie.
>
>People in San Antonio try to convince me they are South Texas. My response
>is South Central maybe. To me Central Texas begins around Pleasanton and
>Poteet area. North Texas begins on the other side of Waco south of
>Hillsboro.

On a related note, I've had to explain to several people here that SWT is
not in southwest Texas.

>> The scenery is fairly non-descript.
>
>Sounds more like West Texas.

I said "non-descript," not "ugly as hell."

>> Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
>> as the real-life Arlen.
>
>6 hrs to DFW? I don't watch the show, but based on the above, I'd be
>thinking Abilene, Sweetwater or San Angelo area.

Abilene is way too close to WF. Sweetwater and San Angelo are probably
too far from the coast. Plus, there are few (any?) references to oil.

But now that I think about it, didn't Peggy once drive to Lubbock to get
those special shoes?

GT

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <7eg90n$18...@enews3.newsguy.com>,

Chris Boyd <cb...@SPAMSUXMYTOES.oz-online.net> wrote:

>Glenn A Tanner <tan...@Hawaii.Edu> wrote in message
>> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>>
>Also, I put in "Arlen, TX" into mapquest, and I got back a big red star a
>little to the north of Brady, TX, out west of Lampasas.

I think that's just the geographic center of the state. When I put
"Arlen, TX" into maps.yahoo.com, it returns with "the city could not be
found, but here is the state," and a picture of Texas with a red star
right in the middle of it. When you zoom in, you're just north of Brady.

GT

Steve Casburn

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <7eg90n$18...@enews3.newsguy.com>, "Chris Boyd"
<cb...@SPAMSUXMYTOES.oz-online.net> wrote:

> I put in "Arlen, TX" into mapquest, and I got back a big red star a
> little to the north of Brady, TX, out west of Lampasas.

There isn't actually an Arlen, TX there, though.

What Mapquest gave you was a star in the geographical center of
Texas, because it could find Texas, but it couldn't find a town called
"Arlen" in Texas.

If you do a search for "Brady, TX", then move north from there, you
won't see an Arlen. And if you try to map driving directions from Arlen to
somewhere else, it will tell you that it can't find Arlen.

So the mystery continues...

Steve

jj...@yahoo.com

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <7ef3u2$q...@news.Hawaii.Edu>,

tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
> I used to think it was in north Texas until the "six hour drive to Wichita
> Falls" line in tonight's show.
>
> Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
> "south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
> Texas" begins at Waxahachie.
>
> Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more

> accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
> go to Houston?)

Glenn- That's a foolish thing to say, don't you think? How/why wouldn't they?
Houston is the next largest city after Chicago. Or is that what you're talking
about, the size? If so, Dallas isn't much smaller.

Jill

Dylan Wilbanks

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

jj...@yahoo.com wrote in message <7egoei$v6l$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Glenn- That's a foolish thing to say, don't you think? How/why wouldn't
they?
>Houston is the next largest city after Chicago. Or is that what you're
talking
>about, the size? If so, Dallas isn't much smaller.

Houston is the fourth largest city because of ethnic cleansing. In the 1950s
and 60s most of the stupid Texans were rounded up and herded into SE Texas.
Other states soon followed suit, including their stupidest drivers.

The space center is there because they needed something to throw the rest of
the world off.

It's Hell (TM). How else could you explain the existence of the Rice AND
Houston football programs?

Dylan Wilbanks. Dallas is where Houston sent their arsehole drivers.

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
> Craig K. Gowens <NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL> wrote:
> >tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
> >>
> >> Tonight's show also threw a curve by having the WF guy say that Arlen is
> >> "south Texas." Anyone who grew up north of Dallas actually thinks "south
> >> Texas" begins at Waxahachie.
> >
> >People in San Antonio try to convince me they are South Texas. My response
> >is South Central maybe. To me Central Texas begins around Pleasanton and
> >Poteet area. North Texas begins on the other side of Waco south of
> >Hillsboro.
>
> On a related note, I've had to explain to several people here that SWT is
> not in southwest Texas.

southwest Texas = Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Carrizo Springs and Uvalde

San Marcos = northern part of south central Texas

> >> The scenery is fairly non-descript.
> >
> >Sounds more like West Texas.
>
> I said "non-descript," not "ugly as hell."

Sorry. Fine line.

> >> Based on all this information, I'm ready to nominate the town of Rockdale
> >> as the real-life Arlen.
> >
> >6 hrs to DFW? I don't watch the show, but based on the above, I'd be
> >thinking Abilene, Sweetwater or San Angelo area.

oops, that should have been "6 hrs to WF?"

> Abilene is way too close to WF. Sweetwater and San Angelo are probably
> too far from the coast. Plus, there are few (any?) references to oil.
>
> But now that I think about it, didn't Peggy once drive to Lubbock to get
> those special shoes?

Well, I thought of how far 6 hrs worth of driving is and you can go 400-500
miles depending on your driving...or in other words almost half way across
the state. How about Belton-Killeen area, Lampasas, or Brownwood.

MW

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

Dylan Wilbanks wrote in message ...

>jj...@yahoo.com wrote in message <7egoei$v6l$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>
>>Glenn- That's a foolish thing to say, don't you think? How/why wouldn't
>they?
>>Houston is the next largest city after Chicago. Or is that what you're
>talking
>>about, the size? If so, Dallas isn't much smaller.
>>
>Houston is the fourth largest city because of ethnic cleansing. In the
1950s
>and 60s most of the stupid Texans were rounded up and herded into SE Texas.
>Other states soon followed suit, including their stupidest drivers.

There are more Cajuns in Houston than in Louisiana. But it's probably just
a coincidence.

MW

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

Tanner) wrote:
>>OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
>Garland. Only dicks would ever live in Garland.

It's Arlington/Garland combined. So what if it's not really 6 hours to
Wichita Falls?

Scott Harper

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

IAFWYEI

harp
austin,tx

Trace Magill

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 19:10:27 GMT,
NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens)
wrote:

>People in San Antonio try to convince me they are South Texas. My response
>is South Central maybe. To me Central Texas begins around Pleasanton and
>Poteet area. North Texas begins on the other side of Waco south of
>Hillsboro.

The other side of Waco and just south of Hillsoboro makes it West
Texas not Central Texas.

Trace

Chris Boyd

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

Craig K. Gowens <NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL> wrote in
message news:NOSPAMckgowens-...@cs2867-99.austin.rr.com...

> tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
> > Craig K. Gowens <NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL> wrote:
> > >tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:

> > Abilene is way too close to WF. Sweetwater and San Angelo are probably
> > too far from the coast. Plus, there are few (any?) references to oil.
> >
> > But now that I think about it, didn't Peggy once drive to Lubbock to get
> > those special shoes?
>
> Well, I thought of how far 6 hrs worth of driving is and you can go
400-500
> miles depending on your driving...or in other words almost half way across
> the state. How about Belton-Killeen area, Lampasas, or Brownwood.

This is what I said. Mike Judge came up with Beavis and Butthead while
living in Killeen. Mr Anderson on Beavis & Butthead = Hank Hill on KOTH.
My guess is Arlen is one of those small farm communities east of Temple that
you drive past on your way to College Station.

Justin Greenfield

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
On Thu, 08 Apr 1999 06:24:08 GMT,
NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL said on this chat board:

>tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>> Craig K. Gowens <NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL> wrote:

>> >People in San Antonio try to convince me they are South Texas. My response
>> >is South Central maybe. To me Central Texas begins around Pleasanton and
>> >Poteet area. North Texas begins on the other side of Waco south of
>> >Hillsboro.
>>
>> On a related note, I've had to explain to several people here that SWT is
>> not in southwest Texas.
>
>southwest Texas = Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Carrizo Springs and Uvalde
>
>San Marcos = northern part of south central Texas

>> >Sounds more like West Texas.
>>
>> I said "non-descript," not "ugly as hell."
>
>Sorry. Fine line.

>> >6 hrs to DFW? I don't watch the show, but based on the above, I'd be
>> >thinking Abilene, Sweetwater or San Angelo area.
>

>oops, that should have been "6 hrs to WF?"
>

>> Abilene is way too close to WF. Sweetwater and San Angelo are probably
>> too far from the coast. Plus, there are few (any?) references to oil.
>>
>> But now that I think about it, didn't Peggy once drive to Lubbock to get
>> those special shoes?
>
>Well, I thought of how far 6 hrs worth of driving is and you can go 400-500
>miles depending on your driving...or in other words almost half way across
>the state. How about Belton-Killeen area, Lampasas, or Brownwood.
>

>Craig K. Gowens
> Hook'em Horns
>
>--
>De facto 1998 Big XII Champions
>1999 Cotton Bowl Champions
>
>1998: 34- 3 20-16 26-24
>1997: 27-24
>1996: 37-27 51-15

Fascinating.

Justin
--
Justin Greenfield
Jus...@ou.edu

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In article <7ehkn6$264$1...@camel19.mindspring.com>,

MW <ste...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Scott Harper wrote in message <7efqej$3ce$1...@news.onramp.net>...
>>In article <7ef3u2$q...@news.Hawaii.Edu>, tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A

>Tanner) wrote:
>>>OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>>
>>Garland. Only dicks would ever live in Garland.
>

>It's Arlington/Garland combined.

Neither of those places *by themselves* is small enough to have only one
high school and water tower with the town name painted on it.

GT

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In article <7eilgv$l...@enews1.newsguy.com>,

Chris Boyd <cb...@SPAMSUXMYTOES.oz-online.net> wrote:

>This is what I said. Mike Judge came up with Beavis and Butthead while
>living in Killeen.

Why exactly was he living in Killeen?

>Mr Anderson on Beavis & Butthead = Hank Hill on KOTH.

You are a heathen. Any resemblence is due to poor artwork and the same
person doing the voice.

Hank is waaaaaaaay hipper than Mr. Anderson. After all, Hank was a high
school football star.

<insert Goober's high school picture here/>

</insert>

>My guess is Arlen is one of those small farm communities east of Temple that
>you drive past on your way to College Station.

Rockdale! Although the UT-Arlen doesn't fit. Maybe it is Killeen. There
is a college there, isn't there?

GT

Jefferson N Glapski

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
Chris Boyd <cb...@SPAMSUXMYTOES.oz-online.net> wrote in message

> This is what I said. Mike Judge came up with Beavis and Butthead
while
> living in Killeen. Mr Anderson on Beavis & Butthead = Hank Hill on
KOTH.

Yep.
--
Jefferson Glapski
http://home.ican.net/~jng

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
> MW <ste...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >Scott Harper wrote in message <7efqej$3ce$1...@news.onramp.net>...
> >>
> >>Garland. Only dicks would ever live in Garland.
> >

> >It's Arlington/Garland combined.
>
> Neither of those places *by themselves* is small enough to have only one
> high school and water tower with the town name painted on it.

Plano almost qualifies! It has two high schools though...and an average of
5,500 in each

Craig (hey to Texas HS football politics) Gowens

Dylan F. Alexander

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In article <7eiqph$l...@news.Hawaii.Edu>, tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A
Tanner) wrote:

}Maybe it is Killeen. There is a college there, isn't there?

I was unaware any heterosexual Texan had to ask this. Weird.

--
Dylan Alexander dy...@tamu.edu

"Please Dylan, in the name of all that's holy, leave us be. If
annoyance were a crime, you'd be Jeffrey Dahmer." - C. Chase

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In some article, Glenn A Tanner <tan...@Hawaii.Edu> wrote:
->>My guess is Arlen is one of those small farm communities east of Temple that
->>you drive past on your way to College Station.
->
->Rockdale! Although the UT-Arlen doesn't fit. Maybe it is Killeen. There
->is a college there, isn't there?

What part of UT-College Station do you not understand?

- goob

Chris Metzler

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

In article <slrn7gp346....@bosworth.ocs.ou.edu>,

Justin Greenfield <Jus...@ou.edu> wrote:
>On Thu, 08 Apr 1999 06:24:08 GMT,
> NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL said on this chat board:
>>tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>>> >>
>>Craig K. Gowens

>> Hook'em Horns
>>
>>--
>>De facto 1998 Big XII Champions
>>1999 Cotton Bowl Champions
>>
>>1998: 34- 3 20-16 26-24
>>1997: 27-24
>>1996: 37-27 51-15
>

>Fascinating.
>
>Justin
>--
>Justin Greenfield
>Jus...@ou.edu

Not as fascinating as talking about NORMAN.

-c

--
Chris Metzler Work Address: Loomis Laboratory of Physics
217-333-1065 (office) University of Illinois

Barney must be destroyed.

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In article <7ej0q6$1ad$1...@goober.shsu.edu>,

Most of it.

GT

Justin Greenfield

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
On 8 Apr 1999 15:33:49 -0500,
met...@snip-me.uiuc.edu said on this chat board:

>Not as fascinating as talking about NORMAN.
>
>-c

Rotts >>>> Dobies.

Chris Metzler

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

In article <slrn7gpllj....@bosworth.ocs.ou.edu>,

Justin Greenfield <Jus...@ou.edu> wrote:
>On 8 Apr 1999 15:33:49 -0500,
> met...@snip-me.uiuc.edu said on this chat board:
>>
>>Not as fascinating as talking about NORMAN.
>>
>>-c
>>

>Rotts >>>> Dobies.

Yes.

-c

--
Chris Metzler Work Address: Loomis Laboratory of Physics
217-333-1065 (office) University of Illinois
met...@snip-me.uiuc.edu 1110 W. Green Street
(remove "snip-me." to email, of course) Champaign, IL 61801-3080 USA

Elvis died from your sins.

MW

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

Glenn A Tanner wrote in message <7eiqfn$l...@news.Hawaii.Edu>...
>In article <7ehkn6$264$1...@camel19.mindspring.com>,

>MW <ste...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>Scott Harper wrote in message <7efqej$3ce$1...@news.onramp.net>...

>>>Garland. Only dicks would ever live in Garland.
>>

>>It's Arlington/Garland combined.
>
>Neither of those places *by themselves* is small enough to have only one
>high school and water tower with the town name painted on it.

But you're forgetting that Dallas is the center of the universe. Arlen has
to be nearby.

Daryl D. Spillmann

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99

Glenn A Tanner wrote:

That's understandable. Goob mispelt "UT-Huntsville"

--
-------------------------
Daryl D. Spillmann

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
In some article, Daryl D. Spillmann <dar...@pop.tamu.edu> wrote:
->
->Glenn A Tanner wrote:
->
->> In article <7ej0q6$1ad$1...@goober.shsu.edu>,
->> El Goob (Gary W. Smith) <goo...@goober.shsu.edu> wrote:
->> >
->> >What part of UT-College Station do you not understand?
->>
->> Most of it.
->>
->>
->
->That's understandable. Goob mispelt "UT-Huntsville"

Uhm no, Sam is the flagship of the A&M system, not the UT system.

- goob
(try again)

Daryl D. Spillmann

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99

How can Sam be part of the A&M system when they don't even have an
engineering program?

SAM Colors = Orange
UT Colors = Orange
Huntsville has Ol' Sparky
UT Austin has the Tower
SAM has Criminal Justice Department
UT had Edwin Simmons and Russell Erxleben

SAM=UT-Huntsville

QED

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
In some article, MW <ste...@mindspring.com> wrote:
->
->But you're forgetting that Dallas is the center of the universe. Arlen has
->to be nearby.

Dallas:centeroftheuniverse::katewinslet:supermodel

- goob

Jonathan P. Elders

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
Dylan Wilbanks wrote:

> It's Hell (TM). How else could you explain the existence of
> the Rice AND Houston football programs?

matter - anti-matter?

--
Jon Elders "We learned from the forbidden fruit
Rice '95 For brains there is no substitute"

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
In some article, Daryl D. Spillmann <dar...@pop.tamu.edu> wrote:
->
->
->El Goob (Gary W. Smith) wrote:
->

->> In some article, Daryl D. Spillmann <dar...@pop.tamu.edu> wrote:
->> ->
->> ->Glenn A Tanner wrote:
->> ->
->> ->> In article <7ej0q6$1ad$1...@goober.shsu.edu>,
->> ->> El Goob (Gary W. Smith) <goo...@goober.shsu.edu> wrote:
->> ->> >
->> ->> >What part of UT-College Station do you not understand?
->> ->>
->> ->> Most of it.
->> ->>
->> ->>
->> ->
->> ->That's understandable. Goob mispelt "UT-Huntsville"
->>
->> Uhm no, Sam is the flagship of the A&M system, not the UT system.
->>
->How can Sam be part of the A&M system when they don't even have an
->engineering program?

Do you see an 'A' or an 'M' in 'engineering'????

idot.

You are jealous of Sam because we are the flagship of our A&M system
while you are just a branch of UTA.

- goob

Daryl D. Spillmann

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99

Do you see an "&" in SAM?

I would much rather be a branch of UT-Arlington than UT-Huntsville.

Jonathan Sadow

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99

NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens) writes:

>tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>>
>> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?

Of course, the correct answer is "wherever in Texas that it's
convenient for the storyline", but I guess that's no fun....

>[...]
>> Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more
>> accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
>> go to Houston?)
>

>A baseball game with UH? I went Tuesday night and got my once-every-three-
>year reminder of why I will never live in the Houston area.

I went Friday night for a baseball game at Rice, and it reminded
me once again just how much Houston >> Austin....

Jonathan Sadow
geo...@UHUPVM1.BITNET
geo...@uhupvm1.uh.edu
JSa...@uh.edu

The William Marsh Rice University
The Eternal Southwest Conference Champion
Member of the Division I-A conference with the most wins for 1996-8
The only U.S. News & World Report Tier I school in Texas

David Swanger

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Jonathan Sadow (GEO...@Uhupvm1.UH.EDU) wrote:
:
: I went Friday night for a baseball game at Rice, and it reminded

: me once again just how much Houston >> Austin....

Now wait just a dadgum minute, even I know this is a lie.

--
David Swanger
University Computing

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
GEO...@Uhupvm1.UH.EDU (Jonathan Sadow) wrote:
> NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens) writes:
> >tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
> >>
> >> OK, what real Texas town is "Arlen"?
>
> Of course, the correct answer is "wherever in Texas that it's
> convenient for the storyline", but I guess that's no fun....

And like distance matters. Many Texans think nothing of driving 100+ miles.

> >[...]
> >> Several shows have had Hank driving to Dallas, as if Dallas is more
> >> accessible to Arlen than Houston. (Of course, why would anyone want to
> >> go to Houston?)
> >

> >A baseball game with UH? I went Tuesday night and got my once-every-three-
> >year reminder of why I will never live in the Houston area.
>

> I went Friday night for a baseball game at Rice, and it reminded
> me once again just how much Houston >> Austin....

Bait.

Scott Harper

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
In article <NOSPAMckgowens-...@cs2867-159.austin.rr.com>, NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens) wrote:

>> I went Friday night for a baseball game at Rice, and it reminded
>> me once again just how much Houston >> Austin....
>

>Bait.

No shit. When it comes to baseball it's obvious that Waco >> Austin...

harp
austin,tx

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
scha...@cisco.com.ocsic (Scott Harper) wrote:
> NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens) wrote:
>
> >> I went Friday night for a baseball game at Rice, and it reminded
> >> me once again just how much Houston >> Austin....
> >

> >Bait.
>
> No shit. When it comes to baseball it's obvious that Waco >> Austin...

touche.

Craig (need I remind you who my #2 team is?) Gowens
Hook'em Horns

jim andrews

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99
Craig K. Gowens wrote:

> scha...@cisco.com.ocsic (Scott Harper) wrote:

> > >Bait.
> >
> > No shit. When it comes to baseball it's obvious that Waco >> Austin...
>
> touche.

Who's that legs-like-tree-stumps-pitcher/cleanuphitter of
theirs? Jason Jennings? Cripesalmighty. Not a chance.

jim andrews

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99

Probably. Its could also be their freshman backup catcher Kelly Shoppach.

Trace Magill

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:59:07 GMT,

wrote:

>> No shit. When it comes to baseball it's obvious that Waco >> Austin...
>

>touche.
>

>Craig (need I remind you who my #2 team is?) Gowens
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^>
> Hook'em Horns

BAYLOR SUCKS!!! The Bears make me want to do #2!

Trace

Steve Casburn

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
In article <7ehrj3$42a$1...@crchh14.us.nortel.com>,
dus...@nortelnetworks.com wrote:

> The only reason that Houston is so high on the ol' population charts is
> because they've annexed everything within 40 miles of downtown. On the other
> hand, Dallas is boxed in by a bunch of large, but still pissant, suburbs like
> Richardson, Plano, Grand Prairie, Garland, Irving, and Ft. Worth, each with
^^^^^^^^^
> more than 100,000 people.

I invite you to bite me.

Steve

Dustin Christmann

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
In article <casburn-1404...@dial-114-6.ots.utexas.edu>,

Dammit, Steve, that's Czar-bait.

--
Thanx, = Dallas Burn = Record: 2-1, 3 points
Dustin Christmann = 1997 US Open Cup = Last: 4/10, 1-0 SO win at Chicago

Czar Christopher I

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99

: Steve Casburn <cas...@gslis.utexas.edu> wrote:
:>In article <7ehrj3$42a$1...@crchh14.us.nortel.com>,
:>dus...@nortelnetworks.com wrote:
:>>
:>> The only reason that Houston is so high on the ol' population charts is
:>> because they've annexed everything within 40 miles of downtown. On the other
:>> hand, Dallas is boxed in by a bunch of large, but still pissant, suburbs like
:>> Richardson, Plano, Grand Prairie, Garland, Irving, and Ft. Worth, each with
:> ^^^^^^^^^
:>> more than 100,000 people.
:>
:>
:> I invite you to bite me.
:
: Dammit, Steve, that's Czar-bait.

Stinky czar-bait, at that. Everyone knows that Dallas is far more
suburban and sterile than the vital urban center which is Fort Worth.

--
Czar Christopher I rec.sport.football.college
"Bekommen Sie Ihren fetten Esel aus hier heraus. Ich bin VORHERRSCHEN."

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
In article <tin.FA7K0v....@gonzo.onramp.net>,

Czar Christopher I <ob...@vb.pbz> wrote:
>Dustin Christmann <dus...@nortel.ca> wrote:
>: In article <casburn-1404...@dial-114-6.ots.utexas.edu>,
>: Steve Casburn <cas...@gslis.utexas.edu> wrote:
>:>In article <7ehrj3$42a$1...@crchh14.us.nortel.com>,
>:>dus...@nortelnetworks.com wrote:
>:>>
>:>> The only reason that Houston is so high on the ol' population charts is
>:>> because they've annexed everything within 40 miles of downtown. On the other
>:>> hand, Dallas is boxed in by a bunch of large, but still pissant, suburbs like
>:>> Richardson, Plano, Grand Prairie, Garland, Irving, and Ft. Worth, each with
>:> ^^^^^^^^^
>:>> more than 100,000 people.
>:>
>:>
>:> I invite you to bite me.
>:
>: Dammit, Steve, that's Czar-bait.
>
>Stinky czar-bait, at that. Everyone knows that Dallas is far more
>suburban and sterile than the vital urban center which is Fort Worth.

What do you know? You went to high school in Arlington.

GT

Czar Christopher I

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
Glenn A Tanner <tan...@Hawaii.Edu> wrote:
: In article <tin.FA7K0v....@gonzo.onramp.net>,

And? Are you saying that Arlington has bad scools?

David Swanger

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
Czar Christopher I (ob...@vb.pbz) wrote:
: Dustin Christmann <dus...@nortel.ca> wrote:

: :>> Dallas is boxed in by a bunch of large, but still pissant, suburbs like

: :>> Richardson, Plano, Grand Prairie, Garland, Irving, and Ft. Worth, each with
: :> ^^^^^^^^^
: :>> more than 100,000 people.
: :>
: :> I invite you to bite me.
: :
: : Dammit, Steve, that's Czar-bait.

: Stinky czar-bait, at that. Everyone knows that Dallas is far more
: suburban and sterile than the vital urban center which is Fort Worth.

I went to Dallas for a week back in 1986 and I stayed
at some nice hotel downtown and about two blocks away was
a newstand and I was going to walk to it one night and the
hotel doorman warned me not to walk the Dallas streets at
night. So I didn't and later I hitched a ride to the newstand
and it was full of sleazy porno. The Czar showed me around
Ft. Worth a few years ago. It was okay. Angelos wasn't too
bad.

jim andrews

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
Czar Christopher I wrote:

> Glenn A Tanner <tan...@Hawaii.Edu> wrote:
> : In article <tin.FA7K0v....@gonzo.onramp.net>,
> : Czar Christopher I <ob...@vb.pbz> wrote:
> :>Dustin Christmann <dus...@nortel.ca> wrote:
> :>: In article <casburn-1404...@dial-114-6.ots.utexas.edu>,
> :>: Steve Casburn <cas...@gslis.utexas.edu> wrote:
> :>:>In article <7ehrj3$42a$1...@crchh14.us.nortel.com>,
> :>:>dus...@nortelnetworks.com wrote:
> :>:>>
> :>:>> The only reason that Houston is so high on the ol' population charts is
> :>:>> because they've annexed everything within 40 miles of downtown. On the other
> :>:>> hand, Dallas is boxed in by a bunch of large, but still pissant, suburbs like

> :>:>> Richardson, Plano, Grand Prairie, Garland, Irving, and Ft. Worth, each with
> :>:> ^^^^^^^^^
> :>:>> more than 100,000 people.
> :>:>
> :>:>
> :>:> I invite you to bite me.
> :>:
> :>: Dammit, Steve, that's Czar-bait.
> :>
> :>Stinky czar-bait, at that. Everyone knows that Dallas is far more
> :>suburban and sterile than the vital urban center which is Fort Worth.
> :

> : What do you know? You went to high school in Arlington.
>
> And? Are you saying that Arlington has bad scools?

Can some of you guys tell us all about those cool high school
math & science contests again? Man, those were the days.

jim andrews

Jonathan Sadow

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
In article <NOSPAMckgowens-...@cs2867-159.austin.rr.com>

NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens) writes:

>GEO...@Uhupvm1.UH.EDU (Jonathan Sadow) wrote:
>> NOSPAMc...@uts.cc.utexas.edu.REMOVEFORMAIL (Craig K. Gowens) writes:
>> >tan...@Hawaii.Edu (Glenn A Tanner) wrote:
>> >[...]
>> >

>> >A baseball game with UH? I went Tuesday night and got my once-every-three-
>> >year reminder of why I will never live in the Houston area.
>>
>> I went Friday night for a baseball game at Rice, and it reminded
>> me once again just how much Houston >> Austin....
>

>Bait.

It's only bait if it's not true....

One day I'll get around to posting the reasons why Houston >>
Austin. Until then, I'll throw out a topical tidbit:

ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLING:
Houston ISD: rated "acceptable" by TEA
Austin ISD: first school district in the nation to be indicted for
rigging achievement test scores

Look for Kay Psencik to become the next director of compliance
for UT-Austin athletics - a perfect fit....

Lab User

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99
Trace Magill wrote:

> BAYLOR SUCKS!!! The Bears make me want to do #2!

Must be a TCU fan.

Marty

Trace Magill

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:39:06 -0500, jim andrews
<jand...@activepower.com> wrote:

>Can some of you guys tell us all about those cool high school
>math & science contests again? Man, those were the days.
>
>jim andrews

Dy? Craig? anyone?anyone?

Trace

Craig K. Gowens

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99

You can't be that bored.

David Swanger

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99
Trace Magill (tma...@clearcommerce.com) wrote:
: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:39:06 -0500, jim andrews
: <jand...@activepower.com> wrote:

: >
: >Can some of you guys tell us all about those cool high school
: >math & science contests again? Man, those were the days.
: >
: >jim andrews

: Dy? Craig? anyone?anyone?

In the spring of 1971, my high school math team entered
the Math Contest at Samford University in Birmingham, AL.
We came in 3rd in our division. Not bad. We didn't
attend the awards ceremony or anything. I was a junior
in high school.

The next spring, I was a senior, my math grades weren't
too good and my band had a gig about 90 miles away the
night before the annual Math Contest at Samford. My
teacher was kind of pissed with me because I wasn't doing
well in class (lack-o-study syndrome) and she was furious
that I was gigging the night before the contest. She
tested the likely candidates, trying to find the best
ones and I was one of the top three. Against her better
judgement, she let back on the math team.

The night before the contest I drove with my idiot
bandmates to a noname bar somewhere between Opelika
and Hurtsboro Alabama. Remember Bob's Country Bunker
in the first Blues Brother film? Well, this place
was nowhere near that nice. In between sets I actually
pulled out a math book and did some useless cramming.
After the gig I drove home and got about 3 hours sleep.

The math team and teacher met early and left for
Birmingham. I remember hearing Van Morrion's Blue
Money and Domino on the radio that morning. Happy,
inspiring music. Oh yeah, my father was in a Birmingham
hospital recuperating from kidney surgery so I drove a
car by myself so I could visit him later.

We got to Samford and eventually we took the test.
Jeez. 100 multiple choice questions. 1 point for a
correct answer, .25 points off for a wrong answer,
0 points for a blank answer. This was a hard test.
DIFFICULT. I sucked. We all met afterwards and we
all agreed we sucked. Hell everybody from every team
was saying the same thing. It was a collective
suck-a-thon. We didn't know it at the time, but the
organizers had decided to make the test harder that
year because they thought the previous year's test was
too easy.

Anyway, there were some oral questions and I got one
right (it was a speed thing) and one of my classmates
did too.

So our teacher asked us if we wanted to bother staying
for the awards ceremony. We KNEW we'd blown it, but
since I was going to stay in town to see Dad, I said
I would go so we all went. The ceremony was in a
basketball gym, similar to my high school's only about
twice as big. Wooden bleachers. I sat on the top row
with a pal. A teacher from some unknown school told
us we were talking too loud and if we didn't shut up
he'd get us thrown out. He was probably right, we
were yammering.

Anyway, during the awards presentation for our division,
our school came in first place. Total bleeping shock.
Total surprise. I was barely paying attention. We all
ran down those wooden steps:

<BLAM><BLAM><BLAM><BLAM><BLAM><BLAM><BLAM><BLAM><BLAM>

And all tried to grab the trophy at the same time. I'm
sure we all looked like a bunch of wild savages, which in
fact we were.

Then I went to see Dad in the hospital. He was doing
great.

That was a good day out of a great time for me. I had
a limitless future and I was on top of the world.

Now I'm stuck behind a computer in the basement of a
computer room, twice divorced, 15 pounds overweight,
broke as hell, still gigging a few times a month,
still have my hair (though it's falling out). Although
I got a degree in Math 19 years ago, I don't remember
99% of it.

Ah hell, it could be worse, I could be an Aggie fan.

Glenn A Tanner

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99
In article <37176477....@nntp.smartdna.com>,

Trace Magill <tma...@clearcommerce.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:39:06 -0500, jim andrews
><jand...@activepower.com> wrote:
>

>>Can some of you guys tell us all about those cool high school
>>math & science contests again? Man, those were the days.
>>
>>jim andrews
>
>Dy? Craig? anyone?anyone?

I once entered a math contest at TWU when I was in the 8th grade. We got
the whole day off from school because there was actually a whole series of
contests. Me and my friends entered only one of the contests, which was
early in the morning. The bus dropped us off at 8:30am and the driver
told us he'd be back at 3:30pm. Our contest was over by 10:00. We spent
about an hour dropping stuff off the TWU towers. Then we walked over to
the Mr. Gatti's and ate pizza like all the high school kids did. We got
one of them to buy us some beer, and since we were only 14, it was pretty
easy to get buzzed. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing video
games, and barely made it back to catch the 3:30 bus.

I have no idea how I did in the contest, but I probably should have
entered them more often.

GT

Jonathan Sadow

Apr 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/17/99

tma...@clearcommerce.com (Trace Magill) writes:

>On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:39:06 -0500, jim andrews
><jand...@activepower.com> wrote:
>

>>Can some of you guys tell us all about those cool high school
>>math & science contests again? Man, those were the days.
>>
>>jim andrews
>
>Dy? Craig? anyone?anyone?

I could tell you about all the district championships I won in
slide rule, but it wouldn't be nearly as good as Swnager's or Tanner's
stories.

Jonathan Sadow
geo...@UHUPVM1.BITNET
geo...@uhupvm1.uh.edu
JSa...@uh.edu

The Eternal District 24-AAAA Slide Rule Champion

Deke Arndt

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99

jim andrews wrote:

> Craig K. Gowens wrote:
> >

> > scha...@cisco.com.ocsic (Scott Harper) wrote:

> > > No shit. When it comes to baseball it's obvious that Waco >> Austin...
> >
> > touche.
>

> Who's that legs-like-tree-stumps-pitcher/cleanuphitter of
> theirs? Jason Jennings? Cripesalmighty. Not a chance.
>

> jim andrews

I still cower in fear at the mention of Jason Jennings.

HANTA YO,
Deke

Trace Magill

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:01:42 -0500, Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> wrote:

>I still cower in fear at the mention of Jason Jennings.
>
>HANTA YO,
>Deke

One word: Steve Macko.
RIP

Trace

psw...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2017, 3:34:38 PM7/2/17
First of all, you must not be from Houston. The Cowboys may have been "America's Team", and Houstonians certainly supported them, but trust me - inside that 610 Loop, that was OILERS COUNTRY.
Second: When NFL Network is lookin' to produce a short for their website to demonstrate how intrinsic the game of football is to Texas culture, and they ask the author of a recently-published book about the twelve most dominant high school football programs in the history of the state for advice, and he tells them YOURS is the team and community best qualified to represent said culture, then we'll talk. ;^)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNb_uAZdDPc

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2017, 6:07:32 PM7/2/17
18 years. Gotta be a record.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jul 2, 2017, 10:32:05 PM7/2/17
On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 5:07:32 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> 18 years. Gotta be a record.

On the alt.music.rush USENET group, someone recently replied to a thread started in 1992.