This sort of shit hits me right in the feels

unclejr

Aug 30, 2018, 2:03:17 PM8/30/18

CtrlAltDel

Aug 30, 2018, 2:45:39 PM8/30/18
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:03:14 -0700, unclejr wrote:

> https://www.yahoo.com/news/bullied-child-refuses-fight-
back-101033236.html

Didn't read the article because I'm sure it's sad. The reason for me
posting is to just ask you why you aspire to fit in with teenagers?
Aren't you probably around 50 or something? It's odd to see an old man
using terms that teens use. It doesn't make you seem cool to them but,
just weird.

Why not try growing up? Hope I didn't hurt your feels. If I did, maybe
you can put on some kicks and take a ride in your whip, player.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 30, 2018, 4:35:07 PM8/30/18
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:03:14 -0700 (PDT), unclejr
<wats...@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.yahoo.com/news/bullied-child-refuses-fight-back-101033236.html

I ran from fights until junior high school - my mom told me to. Then
dad found out. So he loaded me in the car and we drove to the big
bully's house and dad made me fight him. The next day I flattened a
bully in school and the bullying stopped.

I did the same thing for our oldest son except no one ever bullied
him. A kid egged it on when others were around so we went to his house
and the only the dads watched. It worked out very well.

Hugh

Futbol Phan

Aug 30, 2018, 4:35:57 PM8/30/18
Yep, I'm sure gonna need to re-adjust my rankings...

Some dued

Aug 30, 2018, 5:13:56 PM8/30/18
Maybe he has kids.

CtrlAltDel

Aug 30, 2018, 8:02:00 PM8/30/18
Today, honestly, you would be imprisoned for child abuse. Instigate a
fight between children and you will be behind bars.

CtrlAltDel

Aug 30, 2018, 8:07:20 PM8/30/18
You are a peculiar person, aren't you. You keep recorded rankings of
Usenet posters? I would say you never leave your home and probably have
zero friends. Why? Because you are a judge and people don't like judges.

Futbol Phan

Aug 30, 2018, 11:59:29 PM8/30/18
Sorry, guess I just got caught up in the 'who's the biggest @$$hole in rsfc' discussion. But there shouldn't be much discussion, really-- you RUTS the competition.

RoddyMcCorley

Aug 31, 2018, 1:19:39 AM8/31/18
+1

--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.

CtrlAltDel

Aug 31, 2018, 3:32:54 AM8/31/18
Yo Mama!

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 31, 2018, 10:32:06 AM8/31/18
On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 00:01:55 +0000 (UTC), CtrlAltDel
<alti...@aol.com> wrote:

>Today, honestly, you would be imprisoned for child abuse. Instigate a
>fight between children and you will be behind bars.

When our kids were in school I warned them never to start a fight. A
friend of the oldest one said he knew how to make the other guy start
the fight. That makes it consensual.

Hugh

Michael Press

Aug 31, 2018, 3:44:54 PM8/31/18
In article <5b89503f....@news.eternal-september.org>,
That is fomenting violence. Equivalent to starting a fight.

--
Michael Press

JGibson

Aug 31, 2018, 3:50:28 PM8/31/18
On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 2:03:17 PM UTC-4, unclejr wrote:
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/bullied-child-refuses-fight-back-101033236.html

By the way, the Jedi Way sucks. First, an entire council of Jedi got defeated by two Sith lords and then Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the only remaining Jedi, hide out in remote parts of the galaxy until the new guy is an adult.

Then, they only defeat the empire when they actually devise plans to actually kill the leaders (so much for not fighting back). Then after that, apparently, things go wrong again, and Luke's solution is to imitate Yoda and just go be a hermit on some planet where nobody can find him.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 31, 2018, 4:31:32 PM8/31/18
On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:44:52 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:
Yep. But he was never bullied. He lost one when he thought he was 20
pounds heavier and 3 years older. He shudda let that one go.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 31, 2018, 4:33:05 PM8/31/18
On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:50:25 -0700 (PDT), JGibson
<james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 2:03:17 PM UTC-4, unclejr wrote:
>> https://www.yahoo.com/news/bullied-child-refuses-fight-back-101033236.htm=
>
>By the way, the Jedi Way sucks. First, an entire council of Jedi got defea=
>ted by two Sith lords and then Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the only remaining =
>Jedi, hide out in remote parts of the galaxy until the new guy is an adult.
>
>Then, they only defeat the empire when they actually devise plans to actual=
>ly kill the leaders (so much for not fighting back). Then after that, appa=
>rently, things go wrong again, and Luke's solution is to imitate Yoda and j=
>ust go be a hermit on some planet where nobody can find him.

I never watched Star Wars. But you ain't much if you don't fight back.

Hugh

Michael Press

Aug 31, 2018, 6:45:28 PM8/31/18
In article <da1dcce2-32f3-4faf...@googlegroups.com>,
Thank you for the outline.
I enjoyed the first movie for what it was, then stopped.

Bait and switch.
Build up the protagonist as competent in the first few pages.
Then he goes stupid.
Cannot spot a tail.
Fights a bad guy but does not take the starch out of him,
turns around and walks away.
Takes on a war he cannot win.
Smart mouths the guy who owns him.
Finally gets into a fix he cannot get out of.
Deus ex machina.
Ring down the curtain.

--
Michael Press