Big Ten

JGibson

Mar 25, 2018, 10:21:35 PM3/25/18
3/4 of the Frozen Four.

michael anderson

Mar 25, 2018, 10:24:02 PM3/25/18
On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 9:21:35 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
> 3/4 of the Frozen Four.

frozen four?

JGibson

Mar 25, 2018, 10:41:46 PM3/25/18
Don't worry, the only school from your neck of the woods that plays the sport is the University of Alabama at Huntsville. They finished 12-23-2.

unclejr

Mar 26, 2018, 1:16:33 AM3/26/18
USC plays hockey at the club level. <sigh>

J. Hugh Sullivan

Mar 26, 2018, 8:43:04 AM3/26/18
It's only embarrassing when you can't play football.

Hugh

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Mar 26, 2018, 8:56:00 AM3/26/18
99/100 of D1 hockey

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Mar 26, 2018, 8:57:09 AM3/26/18
Last post was not meant to sound dickish even though it probably sounds dickish.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 26, 2018, 9:12:28 AM3/26/18
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 7:56:00 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> 99/100 of D1 hockey

Not really - Iowa, Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and Purdue don't play D1 hockey - or if they do, they suck at it.

Surprisingly wide spread - big w/ the Ivies and schools like Clarkson in the East, the Air Force/Denver/Colorado College are good and starting to make inroads in oddball places too - Arizona State started a program recently

JGibson

Mar 26, 2018, 12:23:56 PM3/26/18
The Big Ten hockey conference only consists of seven teams - Notre Dame + six of the actual Big Ten members (Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State). Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State made the frozen four. The other team in the frozen four - Minnesota-Duluth, is from Big Ten territory but is in the NCHC.

60 total teams with the following conferences: Atlantic Hockey, Big Ten, ECAC, Hockey East, NCHC, and WCHA. Arizona State is the sole independent.

The WCHA was the dominant one, I think, until the Big Ten formed as a conference.

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Mar 26, 2018, 1:08:52 PM3/26/18
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 8:12:28 AM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 7:56:00 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > 99/100 of D1 hockey
>
> Not really - Iowa, Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and Purdue don't play D1 hockey - or if they do, they suck at it.

UNL does not have a hockey team. UNO (lovingly know as the University of No Opportunity) has the college hockey team for the University of Nebraska system. There has been occasional talk of playing hockey at UNL (particularly after joining the B1G, but money and Title IX get in the way.

Doug

Michael Press

Mar 26, 2018, 3:30:27 PM3/26/18
In article <076a488b-898f-4ef7...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Last post was not meant to sound dickish even though it probably sounds dickish.

I've seen worse apologies.

--
Michael Press

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Mar 26, 2018, 3:33:54 PM3/26/18
I’ve seen worse posts.

(Note: The above was meant to sound dickish)

Michael Press

Mar 26, 2018, 5:57:11 PM3/26/18
In article <08e9aa2b-3f27-4486...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I’ve seen worse posts.
>
> (Note: The above was meant to sound dickish)

Mission Accomplished

--
Michael Press

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Mar 26, 2018, 6:31:35 PM3/26/18
ARE YOU WEARING A BOMBER JACKET?!?!

Michael Press

Mar 27, 2018, 3:43:32 AM3/27/18
In article <9f266e5f-ea5f-4437...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ARE YOU WEARING A BOMBER JACKET?!?!

No, you are.

--
Michael Press

RSFC Moderator

Mar 29, 2018, 8:04:12 PM3/29/18
Title nine is no excuse: Women play hockey, too!

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Mar 30, 2018, 1:38:28 PM3/30/18
Then it becomes the money issue because they have to startup and fund two programs.

Doug

michael anderson

Mar 31, 2018, 10:47:43 AM3/31/18
id focus on fielding a relevant and competitive football team before worrying about hockey

> Doug

unclejr

Mar 31, 2018, 12:04:48 PM3/31/18
You really need to step up your troll game.

Not all of us can choose whatever winning team is on top of its sport whenever we want to.

michael anderson

Mar 31, 2018, 6:30:16 PM3/31/18
well thats because most of you don't live 50 miles from that winning team. If you did, you certainly could.

Besides, nobody questions my true bama football fandom anymore. I go to the games. I went to the national championship game

unclejr

Mar 31, 2018, 6:43:46 PM3/31/18
And when Saban retires, you'll look for another front-running team to be a "fan" of.

michael anderson

Mar 31, 2018, 8:10:30 PM3/31/18
of course not...i became a bama fan after I moved here. Ive been a bama fan for a long time now. Im not going anywhere.

jim brown

Apr 1, 2018, 7:30:19 PM4/1/18
Of course, none of us would CHOOSE to move to Alabama either.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 2, 2018, 3:41:14 PM4/2/18
Usually a men's team is sacrificed along the way - Badgers have M & W hockey - but no baseball team

Tom Enright

Apr 2, 2018, 7:16:10 PM4/2/18
On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 3:41:14 PM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:

> > Title nine is no excuse: Women play hockey, too!

> Usually a men's team is sacrificed along the way - Badgers have
> M & W hockey - but no baseball team

Which specifically goes against Title IX. These types of rules, laws etc.
are implemented 180 degrees from it's very clearly-written language. I
have yet to see Title IX used to force schools to have 50/50 male/female
acceptance rates.

Eliminate sexually-segregated sports and these problems disappear.

-TE