DOWN goes Uconn

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 1, 2017, 12:19:43 AM4/1/17
You know - that was a damn good bounceyball game

plai...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2017, 12:52:26 AM4/1/17
Agreed. I happened to be channel surfing and saw UConn was losing just before halftime and ended up watching the rest of the game. Very exciting to watch. I thought the flagrant foul call on Mississippi State in the last minute of regulation was going to decide it, but fortunately it didn't. Just as well, to me it didn't look flagrant, just a foul while the defender was positioning herself to try and intercept the pass that had been blocked and never arrived.

agavi...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2017, 6:59:33 AM4/1/17
Didn't watch, but a friend texted, "111-1".

shiite

Apr 1, 2017, 7:14:03 AM4/1/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 11:19:43 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> You know - that was a damn good bounceyball game

Longest stretch of wimmin bb I've ever watched. Good stuff.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 1, 2017, 8:27:06 AM4/1/17
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:19:41 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You know - that was a damn good bounceyball game
>
>---
>http://www.avg.com

I'm a fan of excellence - I hated to see them lose.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 1, 2017, 8:59:45 AM4/1/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 11:52:26 PM UTC-5, plai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Agreed. I happened to be channel surfing and saw UConn was losing just before halftime and ended up watching the rest of the game. Very exciting to watch. I thought the flagrant foul call on Mississippi State in the last minute of regulation was going to decide it, but fortunately it didn't. Just as well, to me it didn't look flagrant, just a foul while the defender was positioning herself to try and intercept the pass that had been blocked and never arrived.

I hated that call - Dillingham was clearly reacting to the pass which was then tipped up - and the announcers just didn't even acknowledge that. So weird UConn immediately attacked the basket - but the refs did a great job w/ no call on William

That game was a good reminder of why we like sports.

How UConn's Gabby Williams isn't the women's player of the year, is totally beyond me - she isn't even first team all-American somehow One helluva athlete.

Morgan William tho - total stud - ice water on that shot

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 1, 2017, 9:01:17 AM4/1/17
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 7:27:06 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:19:41 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
> Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >You know - that was a damn good bounceyball game
> >
> >---
> >http://www.avg.com
>
> I'm a fan of excellence - I hated to see them lose.

You know...last night they didn't lose - they were beat.

But don't worry - they'll start a new run next year - and the scary part is they'll be better

Marty McMahone

Apr 1, 2017, 10:20:53 AM4/1/17
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 7:59:45 AM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 11:52:26 PM UTC-5, plai...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Agreed. I happened to be channel surfing and saw UConn was losing just before halftime and ended up watching the rest of the game. Very exciting to watch. I thought the flagrant foul call on Mississippi State in the last minute of regulation was going to decide it, but fortunately it didn't. Just as well, to me it didn't look flagrant, just a foul while the defender was positioning herself to try and intercept the pass that had been blocked and never arrived.
>
> I hated that call - Dillingham was clearly reacting to the pass which was then tipped up - and the announcers just didn't even acknowledge that.

ESPN desperately needs to get rid of Doris Burke. She's a total UConn homer -- it really contributes to the whole TeamESPN theme. It's not like she's good at play-by-play anyway. And she talks so much that other commentators can't really balance her out even if they want to.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 1, 2017, 10:42:24 AM4/1/17
Agree - Lawson's better

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 1, 2017, 2:25:52 PM4/1/17
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 06:01:15 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 7:27:06 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:19:41 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
>> Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >You know - that was a damn good bounceyball game
>> >
>> >---
>> >http://www.avg.com
>>
>> I'm a fan of excellence - I hated to see them lose.
>
>You know...last night they didn't lose - they were beat.

I forgot to watch the game. But the low score bears out what you said.

>But don't worry - they'll start a new run next year - and the scary part is they'll be better

That's what I read. I'm not exactly a UConn fan - but I like and
respect uncommonly good.

Hugh

michael anderson

Apr 1, 2017, 6:01:41 PM4/1/17
Wait....Is this a 10+ post thread talking about a women's basketball game? Really? Jesus Christ..

plai...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2017, 6:08:29 PM4/1/17
UConn has marked valyoo. Having them lose is historic.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 1, 2017, 6:11:00 PM4/1/17
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:01:39 -0700 (PDT), michael anderson
<miande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Wait....Is this a 10+ post thread talking about a women's basketball game? Really? Jesus Christ..
>
>---
>http://www.avg.com

Skill is not the exclusive property of men. And you don't have to be a
7' goon to play on a woman's team.

xyzzy

Apr 2, 2017, 10:00:53 AM4/2/17
Brittany Greiner sez hi.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 2, 2017, 11:18:43 AM4/2/17
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 5:01:41 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> Wait....Is this a 10+ post thread talking about a women's basketball game? Really? Jesus Christ..

Should be an entertaining game tonight.

Sorry if it pre-empts your ice skating coverage

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 2, 2017, 11:40:31 AM4/2/17
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 07:00:51 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Brittany Greiner sez hi.

Let me repharse... YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE a
7' GOON to play on a woman's team.

If men's basketball teams had a maximum floor height of 37'-38' it
would be a much better game. And, if the last 3 minutes didn't take a
half hour to play...

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 2, 2017, 11:42:52 AM4/2/17
I'm watching RFD - Slim Pickens and his 7 Pickers are playing "I'll
Get You Yet You Booger You".

michael anderson

Apr 2, 2017, 12:48:09 PM4/2/17

I'm not the one going ga-ga over a womens/lesbian sport...you are a!Ways railing against sjw type things and women's bball is the crowning example of that. I will be watching forensics files reruns instead

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 2, 2017, 1:34:57 PM4/2/17
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:48:07 -0700 (PDT), michael anderson
<miande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm not the one going ga-ga over a womens/lesbian sport...you are a!Ways railing against sjw type things and women's bball is the crowning example of that. I will be watching forensics files reruns instead

Which comes first - lesbian or I'm flat and ugly, too?

The NOTBCS Guy

Mar 31, 2018, 11:06:22 AM3/31/18
Down Goes UConn - Again