How the Dems flip Trump

xyzzy

Jul 15, 2017, 3:37:20 PM7/15/17
1. win at least one house in 2018
2. start issuing uncomfortable oversight subpeonas
3. explain to him privately that if he sees the light on single payer, this embarrassing Russia stuff can be back burnered

alternate 3:

3a. In an attempt to get the Russia dogs called off, Trumps sees the light on single payer
3b. In attempt to salvage his reputation as a deal maker who can get things done, Trump sees the light on single payer after the GOP repeatedly fails to repeal and replace obamacare, or they do and it's crazy unpopular

bottom line: GOP riding high now, but they may find the drawbacks of electing a president with no real principles except "win" and "get something done". Liberal Dems from the 1990s say hi.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 15, 2017, 5:52:41 PM7/15/17
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 12:37:18 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1. win at least one house in 2018
>2. start issuing uncomfortable oversight subpeonas
>3. explain to him privately that if he sees the light on single payer, this embarrassing Russia stuff can be back burnered

What's embarrassing about Russian stuff? Do you actually think Trump
cares about what liberals think?

>alternate 3:
>
>3a. In an attempt to get the Russia dogs called off, Trumps sees the light on single payer
>3b. In attempt to salvage his reputation as a deal maker who can get things done, Trump sees the light on single payer after the GOP repeatedly fails to repeal and replace obamacare, or they do and it's crazy unpopular
>
>bottom line: GOP riding high now, but they may find the drawbacks of electing a president with no real principles except "win" and "get something done". Liberal Dems from the 1990s say hi.

One more appointment to the SCOTUS and who cares about "the drawbacks
of electing a president with no real principles except "win" and "get
something done".

It's startling how many things I would now vote for others to do that
I would not do myself.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

michael anderson

Jul 15, 2017, 11:25:57 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 2:37:20 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> 1. win at least one house in 2018

well the senate is out(in fact its pretty likely dems lose seats there)

> 2. start issuing uncomfortable oversight subpeonas

dems need to be aware that public interest in these whole stories they are pushing are very low.

> 3. explain to him privately that if he sees the light on single payer, this embarrassing Russia stuff can be back burnered

umm...there are a bunch of dems who would also have to see the light on single payer too.