the start of nba free agency.....

michael anderson

Jun 30, 2019, 9:35:50 PM6/30/19

Nets- people are overrating how great they will be imo, even in two years. Durant *is* an all time great...he will also be 32 and coming off a blown(not just torn) achilles. I think he will still be very good, just maybe not the all time great player he was when he was playing 100%(like the last playoffs before going down). Also, how good is kyrie in terms of impact on winning? really? His raw numbers look good and he is a good 3 pt shooter and he is a great dribbler....second team all nba aside last year, I don't think he is a top 12 player. top 18? sure I guess.....but I don't see kyrie and a 32 yo KD coming off a blown acl as a likely great team. So KD's real deal is 3 years at 54 mill or so each....Still you do that, and it's a good day for the nets because they are going to be better, especiallyb 2020-21, and people are talking about them....

Kemba and the Celtics- Alternatively, how much better does kemba make a team? He's the classic medium efficiency, high volume small guard. I guess he's maybe pretty equivalent to Kyrie...maybe a slight downgrade? But they lost Horford too, which may be the more important story altogether......The hornets were right to pass on offering kemba a supermax or anything close. They were mostly a nonplayoff team with him making 12 mill a year...at 45 or whatever mill? Jesus....no thanks.....just start over when the batum and other bad contracts end, get some high lottery picks, and rebuild.

The bucks- It's hard to believe Khris Middleton is getting 178 million. He's an anonymous 27 year old who plays below the rim, can't get to the rim, and there are serious concerns as to whether he can be the 2nd best player on a champion....but he just signed a 178 million dollar deal. I think the bucks felt damned if we do damned if we don't. When you are one bad qtr away in that game 5 from going to the finals(and winning it had the same injury luck happened to GS), it is tempting to just bring the band back...but damn 178 million for a guy who you could probably have replaced 90% of for much much less.

The lakers and KL- The Waiting is the hardest part. Every day you see one more card. You take it on faith, you take it to the heart.....let's do this. Will it happen? Hell I don't know....it seems like it should.

JB to the heat- just seems like a team going nowhere, and butler would take them any higher. He's just not a player capable of that. Tough loss for the sixers with him and Reddick(and underrated loss) leaving though. Now they are left with Embid, toby harris and his 180 million dollar contract(who?) and a pg who can't shoot....they will still be good, and if KL leaves the raps they could still be in line for 2 seed. oh and now I see that just got big al for 109, so maybe even the 1 seed

Brodgon gets 4 years/85 million. 22 million a year seems like a lot for a role player right. Think about it- Malcolm Brogdon now makes more money(guaranteed too!) than every single non-qb player in the nfl. The nba, on a per player(relevant player) basis, just generates a lot more money than the nfl….the percent payout to the players is actually roughly similar....

at this point though we're all just waiting on nephew....(giving props to spurs fans there)

Prussian Troll

Jun 30, 2019, 9:52:48 PM6/30/19
I like Bojan with the Jazz. Where’s Leonard playing next season? That’s the main free agency question.

michael anderson

Jun 30, 2019, 9:59:16 PM6/30/19
On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 8:52:48 PM UTC-5, Prussian Troll wrote:
> I like Bojan with the Jazz. Where’s Leonard playing next season? That’s the main free agency question.

this morning an article I read had the following:

Raptors: -125
Lakers: +190
Clippers: +190

But that's before we know what happened with KD and Kyrie and Harris(how nobody went to the clips). My guess is that right now the lakers odds are better and the clippers odds are worse.

I'd have to check my book, but I wouldn't be shocked if right now it's Lakers with much better chances after clips missed out on KD.

That said, I just checked and they don't have it as a prop, but they list odds for 2020 NBA MVP and AD is only +1000. I don't do these sorts of bets since I don't tie my money up, but that looks like a really good play. I'd have him as the fave now(not against the field of course, but more likely than any other individual player)

Prussian Troll

Jun 30, 2019, 10:55:15 PM6/30/19
Leonard to the clippers doesn’t really make sense. Staying with the team with whom you just won a title makes sense. Playing with Lebron James and Anthony Davis also makes sense.

michael anderson

Jul 1, 2019, 9:46:08 AM7/1/19
On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 9:55:15 PM UTC-5, Prussian Troll wrote:
> Leonard to the clippers doesn’t really make sense.

now that another player isn't going there it really doesn't, but they are still on the list because for months that was where everyone had him linked and a couple months ago for example you had to bet more than a dollar to win a dollar for the clips destination as they were considered the favorites. That was before Toronto won the title and before LA got AD

Prussian Troll

Jul 6, 2019, 3:09:33 AM7/6/19
Leonard to the clippers makes a lot more sense now.