I dunno

Michael Press

Jul 3, 2017, 6:37:17 PM7/3/17

"If a candidate won’t defend his own interests, using all weapons
at his command, why should the public think he will zealously
defend their common interests, especially against
pseudo-aristocratic racial/ethnic claims of privilege?"
--Ken Masugi

--
Michael Press

Eric Ramon

Jul 3, 2017, 8:51:01 PM7/3/17
I had to look up this Masugi. I'm "shocked" that a rightwinger would like Trump. Now that I know this rightwinger likes Trump I think I'm going to reexamine my own attitude because what a rightwinger writes is probably something I need to consider.

Michael Press

Jul 3, 2017, 8:55:25 PM7/3/17
In article <1bbbc2e3-683c-4ad8...@googlegroups.com>,
If you were keeping up, then you would know that a myriad
of right-wingers do not like President Donald Trump.

"If a candidate won’t defend his own interests, using all weapons
at his command, why should the public think he will zealously
defend their common interests, especially against
pseudo-aristocratic racial/ethnic claims of privilege?"

You know, unlike that misogynist Hillary Clinton to whom
blacks and latinos and homosexuals and women are votes.
The Democratic party hates their voters.

--
Michael Press

Eric Ramon

Jul 3, 2017, 10:39:34 PM7/3/17
what about Masugi? Does he like Trump? He seems to. Also that sentence is a real screwball one. "...why should the public [hey, that's me] think he will zealously defend their common interests, especially against
> pseudo-aristocratic racial/ethnic claims of privilege? [that's not "their common interests", that's HIS interest and maybe that of other rightwingers of his ilk.]

I see that Trump is liked by some people. Rasmussen has him at 44% approval, 56% disapproval and that's the highest of any pollster (of course). So it's not like *everybody* dislikes him. And, as you mention, many who support him (or the policies being promoted in his name) know he's an $#^%&**#. But Masugi apparently believes if a guy is a @$#^%*^ and people call him on it, and it's true, that guy still should be even more of an #$#%^% to "defend" himself. Except then he looks even worse. He looks unhinged.

I stated on Facebook recently that I don't think Trump is in charge. If he were, if he were really working then he wouldn't have the time to do all this tweeting. I think he's sitting around with nothing to do, they've given him a TV and a cellphone and he's bored.

Michael Press

Jul 4, 2017, 2:38:10 AM7/4/17
In article <d512e6b7-be8a-4dd0...@googlegroups.com>,
No, I did not mention that.

> But Masugi apparently believes if a guy is a @$#^%*^ and people call him on it, and it's true, that guy still should be even more of an #$#%^% to "defend" himself. Except then he looks even worse. He looks unhinged.
>
> I stated on Facebook recently that I don't think Trump is in charge. If he were, if he were really working then he wouldn't have the time to do all this tweeting. I think he's sitting around with nothing to do, they've given him a TV and a cellphone and he's bored.

This is all premature as you do not know
the meaning of the paragraph I quoted.

--
Michael Press

Eric Ramon

Jul 4, 2017, 4:37:55 AM7/4/17
go read your comment above to get your memory refreshed.

> > But Masugi apparently believes if a guy is a @$#^%*^ and people call him on it, and it's true, that guy still should be even more of an #$#%^% to "defend" himself. Except then he looks even worse. He looks unhinged.
> >
> > I stated on Facebook recently that I don't think Trump is in charge. If he were, if he were really working then he wouldn't have the time to do all this tweeting. I think he's sitting around with nothing to do, they've given him a TV and a cellphone and he's bored.
>
> This is all premature as you do not know
> the meaning of the paragraph I quoted.
>
> --

You don't know what I think. But seriously, why would you think that?

Michael Press

Jul 4, 2017, 3:23:01 PM7/4/17
In article <a6c3c26a-5612-4cde...@googlegroups.com>,
I did not mention what you say I did.

> > > But Masugi apparently believes if a guy is a @$#^%*^ and people call him on it, and it's true, that guy still should be even more of an #$#%^% to "defend" himself. Except then he looks even worse. He looks unhinged.
> > >
> > > I stated on Facebook recently that I don't think Trump is in charge. If he were, if he were really working then he wouldn't have the time to do all this tweeting. I think he's sitting around with nothing to do, they've given him a TV and a cellphone and he's bored.
> >
> > This is all premature as you do not know
> > the meaning of the paragraph I quoted.
> >
> > --
>
> You don't know what I think.

I do not waste time on knowing what you think.

> But seriously, why would you think that?

Nothing you said embodies the topic of the paragraph.

--
Michael Press

irishra...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2017, 3:49:10 PM7/4/17
I like Bruce Springsteen's music. I dislike his left wing politics. I listen to his music when
he sings. I tell him to fuck off when he talks politics. Bruce and I get along OK.

Irish Mike

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jul 4, 2017, 5:03:26 PM7/4/17
:-)

Eric Ramon

Jul 4, 2017, 5:44:49 PM7/4/17
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 12:23:01 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:

> > > No, I did not mention that.
> >
> > go read your comment above to get your memory refreshed.
>
> I did not mention what you say I did.

you really like to quibble. You said: "If you were keeping up, then you would know that a myriad of right-wingers do not like President Donald Trump."

What? Do you mean the opposite? A myriad of rightwingers like him personally but don't like his policies? If so, learn to write more clearly. You should have specified "...Trump's policies". With all due respect and no offense intended, you're a dishonest poster, constantly saying things, denying them, claiming you're misunderstood. Other than that you're ok.

unclejr

Jul 4, 2017, 8:28:19 PM7/4/17
Kinda how I feel about Ted Nugent.

Michael Press

Jul 6, 2017, 2:40:16 PM7/6/17
In article <b10f580f-c0a1-406f...@googlegroups.com>,
Eric Ramon <ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 12:23:01 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:

> > > go read your comment above to get your memory refreshed.
> >
> > I did not mention what you say I did.
>
> you really like to quibble. You said: "If you were keeping up, then you would know that a myriad of right-wingers do not like President Donald Trump."

Therefore you acknowledge that you lied.
You lied when you said I said something that I did not say.

> What? Do you mean the opposite? A myriad of rightwingers like him personally but don't like his policies? If so, learn to write more clearly. You should have specified "...Trump's policies". With all due respect and no offense intended, you're a dishonest poster, constantly saying things, denying them, claiming you're misunderstood. Other than that you're ok.

"a myriad of right-wingers do not like President Donald Trump."
I said nothing about policies.

--
Michael Press