I was stirred...

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 29, 2017, 3:19:49 PM5/29/17
...and that hardly ever happens.

We had the usual Memorial Day outdoors to handle the crowd with the
usual dignitaries. People from various Veterans Organizations are
selected to place a white rose on the monuments at the location. As
usual I was asked to present the one for the WWII Veterans. Remember,
this is the day to honor those who could not make it, not those who
could.

When back on the highway headed home I saw about 10 State Troopers,
headlights on, approaching. Behind them was Rolling Thunder headed
home - probably 1,000 or more.

I stopped, as everyone did, but I stepped out of the car to stand
while they passed. Dressed patriotically with my WWII Vet cap they
noticed. I got thumbs up, waves, salutes, picture taken a number of
times, and I saluted every large flag that passed.

What a great day to be an American and so blessed.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

agavi...@gmail.com