Great article on cultural appropriation

xyzzy

May 29, 2017, 10:31:04 AM5/29/17
http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/let-white-people-appropriate-mexican-food-mexicans-do-it-to-ourselves-all-the-time-8133678

tl;dr It's called ripping off recipes. And it's always been how the restaurant industry works, no matter what race ethnicity or country you're talking about. Get over it, Mexicans have. And they do it too btw.

agavi...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 10:44:39 AM5/29/17
The funniest thing is that the back of the house of every restaurant in America is heavily populated with Hispanics (mostly Mexican). That General Tso's Chicken you just had? Muey Bueno!

CtrlAltDel

May 29, 2017, 12:01:16 PM5/29/17
On Mon, 29 May 2017 07:31:03 -0700, xyzzy wrote:

> http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/let-white-people-appropriate-mexican-
food-mexicans-do-it-to-ourselves-all-the-time-8133678

> tl;dr It's called ripping off recipes. And it's always been how the
> restaurant industry works, no matter what race ethnicity or country
> you're talking about. Get over it, Mexicans have. And they do it too
> btw.

African American people having white people's names is freaky to me. You
see a black guy named Bill and you realize he is weak and not a real black
man but, a cultural appropriator who has no base.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

May 29, 2017, 12:52:24 PM5/29/17
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 9:31:04 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/let-white-people-appropriate-mexican-food-mexicans-do-it-to-ourselves-all-the-time-8133678
>
> tl;dr It's called ripping off recipes. And it's always been how the restaurant industry works, no matter what race ethnicity or country you're talking about. Get over it, Mexicans have. And they do it too btw.

right on

CtrlAltDel

May 29, 2017, 1:59:50 PM5/29/17
On Mon, 29 May 2017 07:31:03 -0700, xyzzy wrote:

> http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/let-white-people-appropriate-mexican-
food-mexicans-do-it-to-ourselves-all-the-time-8133678

> tl;dr It's called ripping off recipes. And it's always been how the
> restaurant industry works, no matter what race ethnicity or country
> you're talking about. Get over it, Mexicans have. And they do it too
> btw.

I didn't read the article but, I wonder if they mentioned that the wheat
flour tortilla was a creation of Sephardi Jews? If they didn't mention
that, the article may not be worth reading.

Emperor Wonko the Sane

May 29, 2017, 9:12:03 PM5/29/17
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 9:31:04 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/let-white-people-appropriate-mexican-food-mexicans-do-it-to-ourselves-all-the-time-8133678
>
> tl;dr It's called ripping off recipes. And it's always been how the restaurant industry works, no matter what race ethnicity or country you're talking about. Get over it, Mexicans have. And they do it too btw.

The concept of cultural appropriation is the most racist concept since eugenics. I boils down to "you can't do that because you are the wrong race."

Doug