Great value pick in Alabama winning 2018 national title....

michael anderson

Apr 30, 2018, 1:57:07 PM4/30/18

right now it looks between 5/2(bet 2 to win 5) and 11/4 depending on which online book you prefer.

Looking at their roster going into this year and a much improved qb situation, and one cannot help but think this is a GREAT value.

Sure they are still the best odds by a lot and nobody else is even close, but how could you take the field in this situation looking at Alabama's entire picture going into next year. Anything more than 1/1 payout for this is insane...

darkst...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2018, 2:14:39 PM4/30/18
+250 - + 275 is insane.

I mean, EVERYBODY thought the Patriots were walking last NFL season -- by August, it was + 280 - + 300 at the best in most Vegas books.

Mia, please admit to us that you believe there is abjectly no point in playing college football competitively, that Alabama is to win every championship. It'll make your life far easier to say that and be done with it.

Mike

The NOTBCS Guy

Apr 30, 2018, 3:14:21 PM4/30/18
By itself, I'd think about it...but this sounds like an excellent hedge opportunity, as you have to assume with those numbers that Alabama would be favored in the CFP Championship Game (which I assume is the online books' definition of the college football national champion), so you follow up the bet with some heavy cash on the money line against them in that game.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Apr 30, 2018, 4:01:02 PM4/30/18
You should bet everything you have.

Borrow money.

Ken Olson

Apr 30, 2018, 4:16:09 PM4/30/18
On 4/30/2018 4:00 PM, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> You should bet everything you have.
>
> Borrow money.

Bet your house and your share of the car lot.

--
We're going to fight racism not with racism, but we're going to fight
with solidarity.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Apr 30, 2018, 5:01:40 PM4/30/18
On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 16:16:09 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>On 4/30/2018 4:00 PM, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> You should bet everything you have.
>>
>> Borrow money.
>>

>Bet your house and your share of the car lot.

My advice would be not to put the family jewels at risk.

Hugh

Futbol Phan

May 8, 2018, 12:54:23 PM5/8/18
Among other contenders, all have much tougher schedules than Bama. That certainly works in Bama's favor, oddds-wise. I can remember when Bammers used to speak with pride about their tough schedule. Now? Not even top-50 in difficulty...

http://plus.philsteele.com/Blogs/Blog_PDFs_Images/2018/DBMay02/2018_Spring_Guide.pdf

michael anderson

May 8, 2018, 12:59:46 PM5/8/18
well you have to consider the seccg is not on their yet. That will prop it up some. And it will likely get tougher if a couple teams surprise...but yeah it's not as difficult on paper as some of our past brutal schedules

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 8, 2018, 2:17:27 PM5/8/18
If I recall correctly Bama did better with the tough part of the
schedule (Final Four) than the easier regular season when they lost
one.

SoS is foreplay for what really matters.

Hugh