Who's behind the War on Cash? ($)

xyzzy

Jul 12, 2017, 1:35:47 PM7/12/17
Meddling governments?

Officious tax collectors?

No. Private enterprise.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/visa-takes-war-on-cash-to-restaurants-1499853601

GrtArtiste

Jul 12, 2017, 3:07:00 PM7/12/17
Would love to read it...but not gonna sign up.

GrtArtiste

xyzzy

Jul 12, 2017, 3:17:56 PM7/12/17
See if the Apple News link gets around the paywall

https://apple.news/AMDYg7R94R6CdPUovRn2xyg

GrtArtiste

Jul 12, 2017, 3:21:19 PM7/12/17
On 7/12/2017 3:17 PM, xyzzy wrote:
> See if the Apple News link gets around the paywall
>
> https://apple.news/AMDYg7R94R6CdPUovRn2xyg

Did not work for me, but thank you for trying.

GrtArtiste

JGibson

Jul 12, 2017, 3:49:54 PM7/12/17
Not airlines? I note how major airlines don't accept cash. OTOH, if you have to fly their regional variations, they only take cash.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2017, 4:05:40 PM7/12/17
Cash is a hassle.

Cash is also freedom.

Some dued

Jul 12, 2017, 4:09:13 PM7/12/17
You can get your freedom confiscated if you carry too much of it around.

xyzzy

Jul 12, 2017, 4:09:46 PM7/12/17
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 4:05:40 PM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Cash is a hassle.
>
> Cash is also freedom.

Sometimes freedom is a hassle

(aren't we getting deep)

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2017, 4:22:46 PM7/12/17
Point

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2017, 4:23:00 PM7/12/17
Yes. Yes it is.

Ken Olson

Jul 12, 2017, 5:32:02 PM7/12/17
+1

Ken Olson

Jul 12, 2017, 5:32:54 PM7/12/17
On 7/12/2017 4:22 PM, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Yes. Yes it is.

It's not for the easily scared.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2017, 5:38:47 PM7/12/17
Based on the ludicrous things banks are doing with credit cards, I don't want to know the average American's unsecured debt load.

Michael Press

Jul 12, 2017, 6:13:40 PM7/12/17
In article <0f999358-92ef-4996...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cash is a hassle.
>
> Cash is also freedom.

Cash is King.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 12, 2017, 6:53:49 PM7/12/17
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:38:45 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Based on the ludicrous things banks are doing with credit cards, I don't want to know the average American's unsecured debt load.

Are you telling me that some people don't pay off their credit card
every month?

I'll admit Christmas time got my attention when the bill approached
$10,000. I put a little quietus on that.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Michael Press

Jul 12, 2017, 7:35:09 PM7/12/17
In article <6102ea76-5fc7-4b05...@googlegroups.com>,
Oh the gubmint is in on it too.
Having too much cash is warrant worthy.
Never mind they do not raise the
suspicious quantity as inflation rises.
How long have gifts and cash withdrawals
been pegged at $10000?

--
Michael Press

Some dued

Jul 12, 2017, 9:48:44 PM7/12/17
Also they stopped printing large denomination bills.