law enforcement immunity takes a deeper step

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

May 5, 2015, 9:20:14 AM5/5/15
Okay - wtf am I missing here?

Are we now at the point where the police can co-opt your business's assets and employees w/o knowledge or permission - and when things go wrong, you get no compensation?

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150428/16401530826/who-pays-when-dea-destroys-your-vehicle-kills-your-employee-during-botched-sting-hint-not-dea.shtml

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

May 5, 2015, 9:31:46 AM5/5/15
Government in action. Outrageous, but then again they are above
the law.

Government isn't always bad, but it often is. That is the best argument
for reducing the power of government to the absolute minimum. When it gets
abused -- and you'll not I didn't say *if* it gets abused -- it can do the
least damage.

--
"It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists

Emperor Wonko the Sane

May 5, 2015, 10:20:45 AM5/5/15
Reason #1029277 to end the war on drugs.

Doug

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

May 5, 2015, 10:27:27 AM5/5/15
yes x 1000000

xyzzy

May 5, 2015, 10:44:33 AM5/5/15
x another 1000000

(Not to mention the guy the DEA got killed. WTF)

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

May 5, 2015, 10:49:53 AM5/5/15
And that poor infant in Atlanta that caught a flash-bang in the face. Wrong house.

Ken Olson

May 5, 2015, 2:14:32 PM5/5/15
Amen to that, bro.

Ken Olson

May 5, 2015, 2:16:12 PM5/5/15
The drug war will and has done more damage to this country than a tanker
full of heroin.

michael anderson

May 5, 2015, 7:20:01 PM5/5/15

I just don't see how ending the war on drugs is practical. What we need to do is adjust to modern day drug use/trafficking.....it's so much different now than in 1985.

Ken Olson

May 5, 2015, 11:00:33 PM5/5/15
On 5/5/2015 7:19 PM, michael anderson wrote:

> I just don't see how ending the war on drugs is practical. What we need to do is adjust to modern day drug use/trafficking.....it's so much different now than in 1985.

The war on drugs is a black hole for tax dollars. I would think that
aspect of it would make it appealing to you. ;^)