The handyman's friend.

Michael Press

Aug 11, 2017, 12:17:27 AM8/11/17
Construction workers duck tape a thief to a scaffold.
Call police.

<http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/08/10/nc-construction-workers-catch-thief-tie-scaffolding/>

--
Michael Press

unclejr

Aug 11, 2017, 12:52:05 AM8/11/17
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:17:27 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> Construction workers duck tape a thief to a scaffold.
> Call police.
>
> <http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/08/10/nc-construction-workers-catch-thief-tie-scaffolding/>

There's no way I'm clicking on that link.

JGibson

Aug 11, 2017, 1:18:18 PM8/11/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:17:27 AM UTC-4, Michael Press wrote:
> Construction workers duck tape a thief to a scaffold.
> Call police.

duct tape

Michael Press

Aug 11, 2017, 2:51:12 PM8/11/17
In article <06702adb-d5a7-42dd...@googlegroups.com>,
Duck tape is acceptable.

--
Michael Press

xyzzy

Aug 11, 2017, 3:19:34 PM8/11/17
Press is right.

https://www.duckbrand.com/

Clever branding!

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 11, 2017, 4:08:08 PM8/11/17
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 12:19:31 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Press is right.
>
>https://www.duckbrand.com/
>
>Clever branding!

It is confused in the minds of most people. Since I believe the
original usage was to connect/seal duct joints I lean to "duct". But
my experience does not include taping a duck so my knowledge might be
lacking.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Ken Olson

Aug 11, 2017, 5:11:51 PM8/11/17
Ducks taste good, ducts don't.

dotsla...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2017, 6:03:47 PM8/11/17
Dude, you haven't lived until you've taped up a duck!

Squirmy bastages.

Cheers.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 11, 2017, 7:39:51 PM8/11/17
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:03:36 -0700 (PDT), dotsla...@gmail.com
wrote:

>Dude, you haven't lived until you've taped up a duck!
>
>Squirmy bastages.
>
>Cheers.

Years ago people used to tell others what to do with a duck - but it
was not tape.

Maybe you had to be there...

RoddyMcCorley

Aug 12, 2017, 12:04:52 AM8/12/17
Well, if you send your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend out for "duct" tape and
they come home with "Duck" take, you are going to be disappointed.

--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.

Ken Olson

Aug 12, 2017, 12:16:03 AM8/12/17
On 8/12/2017 12:04 AM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 8/11/2017 1:18 PM, JGibson wrote:
>> On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:17:27 AM UTC-4, Michael Press wrote:
>>> Construction workers duck tape a thief to a scaffold.
>>> Call police.
>>
>> duct tape
>>

> Well, if you send your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend out for "duct" tape and
> they come home with "Duck" take, you are going to be disappointed.

No, because it's actually a good brand. I prefer Gorilla tape.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 12, 2017, 6:59:27 AM8/12/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 00:15:58 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:
I thought that was for monkeying around.

I have duct tape but no bailing wire. I can't fix anything.

What am I supposed to say instead of nigger rig?

JGibson

Aug 12, 2017, 12:31:43 PM8/12/17
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 12:04:52 AM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 8/11/2017 1:18 PM, JGibson wrote:
> > On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:17:27 AM UTC-4, Michael Press wrote:
> >> Construction workers duck tape a thief to a scaffold.
> >> Call police.
> >
> > duct tape
> >

> Well, if you send your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend out for "duct" tape and
> they come home with "Duck" take, you are going to be disappointed.

Well, yes, if I need to tape my ducts, I don't use duct tape at all but rather foil tape.

razorn...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 12:35:44 PM8/12/17
Pretty uncalled for. Disappointed.

RoddyMcCorley

Aug 12, 2017, 1:05:00 PM8/12/17
While Duck makes duct tape, they also make a wide variety of clear and
colored plastic tapes similar to packing tape. I use them. But typical
duct tape is the sticky fabric-reinforced grey variety typically used to
seal ventilation ducts (or fix anything).

RoddyMcCorley

Aug 12, 2017, 1:06:39 PM8/12/17
Hugh never disappoints in demonstrating the depth of his racism.

Ken Olson

Aug 12, 2017, 2:00:57 PM8/12/17
Redneck Engineering

Michael Press

Aug 12, 2017, 3:03:23 PM8/12/17
In article <262c5bde-0e6c-4ecd...@googlegroups.com>,
Just so.

--
Michael Press

razorn...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 3:31:58 PM8/12/17
I refuse to believe he is a bad person. Hence the disappointment.

unclejr

Aug 12, 2017, 3:59:03 PM8/12/17
Who are you? ($1)

razorn...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 5:17:07 PM8/12/17
I'm Billy Zoom (medavis5). Who the fuck are YOU?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 12, 2017, 7:14:15 PM8/12/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 13:06:43 -0400, RoddyMcCorley
<Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Hugh never disappoints in demonstrating the depth of his racism.

That's funny - a white nigger calling me racist. You need to feed at
our humming bird feeder - you suck, too.

You may not be half-breed but you're midway between slow and fast -
that's half-fast, boy.

unclejr

Aug 12, 2017, 7:20:06 PM8/12/17
Roger Daltrey, apparently.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 12, 2017, 7:30:35 PM8/12/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:17:04 -0700 (PDT), razorn...@gmail.com
wrote:

>I refuse to believe he is a bad person. Hence the disappointment.

I'm surprised you are disappointed at my non-racist use of the term
since I don't consider you one.

I was wondering where you were. I hope it was not misfortune that kept
you away.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 12, 2017, 7:34:20 PM8/12/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 13:05:02 -0400, RoddyMcCorley
<Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

>But typical
>duct tape is the sticky fabric-reinforced grey variety typically used to
>seal ventilation ducts (or fix anything).

So you did read and comprehend my post. Good boy.

If you will say "too two twain" tonight I will teach you how to say
"locomotive" tomorrow. You may already know since your motives are.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 12, 2017, 7:36:23 PM8/12/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:03:20 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:
And the duct heard the villain in silent movies say, "Curses. Foiled
again."

razorn...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 10:17:03 PM8/12/17
No , I'm fine.

I like to believe I know what you're doing, But using the word "nigger" kind of pisses on the party. It's your choice, I just don't like that word. You can keep telling yourself that "nigger" applies to certain people of all races. But that's just your perception. The VAST majority have a different view of the word.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 13, 2017, 9:46:03 AM8/13/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 19:17:01 -0700 (PDT), razorn...@gmail.com
wrote:

>I like to believe I know what you're doing, But using the word "nigger" kin=
>d of pisses on the party. It's your choice, I just don't like that word. Yo=
>u can keep telling yourself that "nigger" applies to certain people of all =
>races. But that's just your perception. The VAST majority have a different =
>view of the word.

That's the most intelligent view of those who abhor the use of the
term I have seen.

Perhaps part of my purpose is to show everyone that I will not be
bound to the whims, desires, and notions of others unless I choose.
Far too many people show their mental weakness by following the crowd.
That's the easy way out.

People are so different. Many, if not most, whites object to "honky"
and "whitey". My thoughts are "is that the best you can do" or :is
that all you got".

My personal life (hiring, athletics, etc.) has never been racist.
Socially I discriminate based on a person's perceived class. That
turns out to be apparent racism because of history, not intent.

The ratio reversal of races being incarcerated is not racism, it's
because of facts. The reason why is another discussion.

wolfie

Aug 13, 2017, 10:30:00 AM8/13/17
"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote

> Perhaps part of my purpose is to show everyone that I will not be
> bound to the whims, desires, and notions of others unless I choose.

Ah, that makes sense now. Because NOTHING says how independent
from social norms you are than being an old white man from Mississippi
who says "nigger" and then claims "it's not racial!" when called on it.

Some dued

Aug 13, 2017, 11:32:33 AM8/13/17
He never says fuck, is it because it's a bad, tasteless word?

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 13, 2017, 12:01:57 PM8/13/17
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 08:32:29 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>He never says fuck, is it because it's a bad, tasteless word?

You are right.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 13, 2017, 12:08:09 PM8/13/17
You're catching on, boy. Others may be weak enough to change because
norms change - I'm not.

And I don't claim, I state.

I seek disapproval from your elk 'cause I had rather see than be one.
In that regard you seldom disappoint.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 13, 2017, 12:11:38 PM8/13/17
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>He never says fuck, is it because it's a bad, tasteless word?

Actually I prefer not to use profanity. I'm trying to justify calling
people SoBs and sad sacks of shit because they are. I have not
convinced myself yet but I'm working on it.

Ken Olson

Aug 13, 2017, 9:54:52 PM8/13/17
I've dealt with plenty of white niggers. I don't normally use the n
word because of the way most people perceive it and the unnecessary
conflicts it can cause.

The funniest thing re this was when I was talking with a black guy and a
couple of WN's walked by having an argument and calling each other n
rather loudly. The black guy and I both cracked up laughing.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 14, 2017, 9:04:14 AM8/14/17
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 21:54:50 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>I've dealt with plenty of white niggers. I don't normally use the n
>word because of the way most people perceive it and the unnecessary
>conflicts it can cause.

Because PC people perceive it that way is why I use the word
occasionally. So far medavis is the only one I apologize to for having
offended.