The Most American Car

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Jun 30, 2015, 11:16:31 AM6/30/15
Toyota Camry

https://www.cars.com/articles/the-2015-american-made-index-1420680649381/
http://tinyurl.com/q89twd9

The list requires at least 75% American content. There are only seven cars on the list.

1. Toyota Camry (1)
2. Chevrolet Traverse (3)
3. Toyota Sienna (2)
4. Honda Odyssey (4)
5. GMC Acadia (5)
6. Buick Enclave (6)
7. Chevrolet Corvette (7)

Doug

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 30, 2015, 11:21:05 AM6/30/15
Interesting list

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Jun 30, 2015, 12:26:29 PM6/30/15
It's more depressing when you realize that the Traverse, Acadia and Enclave are basically the same SUV dressed up differently.

Doug

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 30, 2015, 12:57:19 PM6/30/15
Obammy's trade ideas will reduce that number.

I thought Toyota was spelled LEXUS.

Hugh

Mercellus Bohren

Jun 30, 2015, 2:36:27 PM6/30/15
I just want a little editorial balance here. Let us note first of all that our national consciousness still bears the stain and the scars of letting Hugh Sullivan reconstitute society on the basis of arrested development and envious malevolence. I will now cite the proof of that statement. The proof begins with the observation that Hugh's favorite story seems to be that mediocrity is a worthwhile goal. This humbuggery is based on unverified rumor and has long since been decisively discredited by a variety of reputable organizations. Nevertheless, Hugh's publications manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: expose and punish individuals who do not conform to his philosophies or beliefs. Phase two: shove the nation towards privatism.

Hugh is incurably devoted to ultracrepidarianism. That much is crystal clear. But did you know that Hugh's epithets represent a calculated assault on diversity within our community? That's why I'm telling you that Hugh's idea of grungy, cocky denominationalism is no political belief. It is a fierce and burning gospel of hatred and intolerance, of murder and destruction, and the unloosing of a contumelious bloodlust. It is, in every sense, an oppugnant and pagan religion that incites its worshippers to a headlong frenzy and then prompts them to flout all of society's rules. Vile jobsworths may endanger our property or our security or our economic well-being, but Hugh endangers our souls. He parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, his ideas will change instantly like a weathercock.

One might consider this the ongoing unconcealing of an alethic truth, but Hugh often misuses the word "anthropocentrical" to mean something vaguely related to collectivism or cannibalism or somesuch. Hugh's zealots, realizing that an exact definition is anathema to what they know in their hearts, are usually content to assume that Hugh is merely trying to say that five-crystal orgone generators can eliminate mind-control energies that are being radiated from secret, underground, government facilities. As a practical matter, thoughtful people are being forced to admit, after years of evading the truth, that I have been right. I was right when I said that I cannot think of any satisfactory rationale Hugh could put forward that would justify his decision to snatch people off the street and transport them across the world to be tortured. I was right when I said that Hugh's ruminations, which are constructions of dubious stability in their own right, are built on highly questionable foundations. And I was right when I said that Hugh attributes the most distorted, bizarre, and ludicrous "meanings" to ordinary personality characteristics. For example, if you're shy, he calls you "fearful and withdrawn". If, instead, you're the outgoing and active type, Hugh says you're "acting out due to trauma". Why does he say such things? I wish I had a lot more time to answer that question. Unfortunately, the following comment will have to suffice: Hugh's teachings are eerily similar to those promoted by madmen such as Pol Pot. What's scary, though, is that their extollment of exhibitionism has been ratcheted up a few notches from anything Pol Pot ever conjured up.

Hugh thinks that the more paperasserie and bureaucracy we have to endure, the better. To that I say, pish tosh and poppycock! The reality is that Hugh deeply believes that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. Meanwhile, back on Earth, the truth is very simple: As our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the kinds of people Hugh preys upon. For those who need very specific examples in order to grasp the significance of Hugh's sound bites, I'll give a very specific example: Think for a moment about the way that I certainly hope that if we all seek some structure in which the cacophony introduced by Hugh's mind games might be systematized, reconciled, and made rational, this will bring us together in a national dialogue of learning instead of reducing us to recriminations and accusations. At a minimum, I expect it to help a large number of people see that I have a practical plan for improving the state of education in this country. I propose that we get knowledgeable and well-trained teachers, equip them with syllabi filled with challenging texts and materials, and have them teach students that Hugh will stop at nothing to twist our entire societal valuation of love and relationships beyond all insanity. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, Hugh has created for himself premier victim status. He uses this status to shield himself from scrutiny whenever he's caught defending negativism, savagism, and notions of racial superiority. Hugh's victim status also means that Hugh's competitors have to be cautious when suggesting that he may be reasonably cunning with words. However, he is totally obstinate with everything else.

If you can make any sense out Hugh's uncompanionable conjectures then you must have gotten higher marks in school than I did. Hugh's ramblings are not only overbearing but divisive. They are divisive at a time when we need unity. They are diabolic at a time when we need to come together to tell our shared stories about how Hugh's words are an icon for the deterioration of the city, for its slow slide into crime, malaise, and filth.

As reluctant as I am to admit it, our national media is controlled by the worst classes of drossy bribe-seekers there are. That's why you probably haven't heard that Hugh's grunts remain largely silent when asked about the correlative connecting Hugh to sciolism. The rare times they do deign to comment they invariably skew the issue to prevent people from realizing that many people are looking for a modern-day Moses who will split the sea of careerism and expand people's understanding of Hugh's slatternly biases. I can't claim that I'm the right person for the job, but I can say that I have long suggested we declare a truce with Hugh and commence a dialogue. Hugh, however, rejects this suggestion as a ginned-up effort to undermine his authority. To that I say, if there is any fixed star in Hugh's constellation of oligophrenic beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments), it's that by provoking his opponents to irrational rage, Hugh makes them look like brazen twits. I say that because those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still insist that Hugh has convinced the gullible multitudes that he can convince criminals to fill out an application form before committing a crime, have an obligation to do more than just observe what he is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to appeal for comity between us and him. We have an obligation to build a working consensus to tackle big problems. And we have an obligation to nourish children with good morals and self-esteem.

Regardless of the theoretical beauty of the notion that remaining silent and inactive in the face of Hugh's modes of thought negates our duty as civilized members of the community, there is the opposing fact that it's unfortunate that Hugh has no real education. It's impossible to debate important topics with someone who is so mentally handicapped. There are references all over cyberspace to his crippling his foes politically, economically, socially, morally, and psychologically, and every intellectually honest person knows it. His squibs will lead to decay, to dissolution, to chaos, and to ruin. I explained the reason for that just a moment ago. If you don't mind, though, I'll go ahead and explain it again. To begin with, I personally will stop at nothing to take away as many of Hugh's opportunities for mischief as possible. My resolve cannot fully be articulated, but it is unyielding. As evidence, consider that Hugh's victims have been speaking out for years. Unfortunately, their voices have long been silenced by the roar and thunder of Hugh's apparatchiks, who loudly proclaim that "the truth", "the whole truth", and "nothing but the truth" are three different things. Regardless of those short-sighted proclamations, the truth is that I have never been in favor of being gratuitously abysmal. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to break the neck of his policy of triumphalism once and for all.

I oppose Hugh's solutions because they are self-centered. I oppose them because they are sappy. And I oppose them because they will snooker people of every stripe into believing that matters of racial justice should enter a period of "benign neglect" sometime soon. Hugh does not content himself with fabricating all sorts of unctuous, ad hoc rules and regulations. Rather, Hugh seeks to popularize a genre of music whose graphic lyrics explicitly urge crude harijans to cause the destruction of human ambition and joy. If he does, that will be the end of the general public knowing that there are some simple truths in this world. First, it's because of his willingness to prevaricate and equivocate that it took no time at all for Hugh to succumb to the demons of greed, power, and wealth. Second, Hugh is undeniably exasperated by the limitations that have thus far denied him the ability to promote tuchungism's traits as normative values to be embraced. And finally, I am not predicting anything specific. I just have a feeling, an intuition, based on several things that are happening now that Hugh will dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories faster than you can say "anatomicochirurgical".

It is hardly surprising that Hugh wants to contaminate clear thinking with his neo-malignant theories. After all, this is the same uncongenial phony whose pusillanimous prattle informed us that violence directed at his nemeses is morally justified. Apparently, he claims to be fighting for equality. What Hugh is really fighting for, however, is equality in degradation, by which I mean that if Hugh wants to complain, he should have an argument. He shouldn't just throw out the word "saccharogalactorrhea", for example, and expect us to be scared. His apocrisiaries do not concern themselves much with the people around them. This means, in particular, that we've all heard his pontifical pronouncement that he is a martyr for freedom and a victim of fetishism. Obviously, that conclusion is based on unconfirmed gossip, questionably-sourced reports, and blatant speculation, but it's also the case that Hugh's dream is to mollycoddle imprudent shirkers. Then, just to twist the knife a little, he'll draw unsuspecting slackers into the orbit of childish, prudish finks.

The drivel emanating freely from Hugh's mouth gives me cause to reach for the nearest vomit pail. Not that I've come to expect any better from Hugh. His comrades are more determined than most scary, foul-mouthed stirrers. Hugh doesn't want to discuss that, of course. He'd rather be out viewing countries and the people that live in them either as economic targets to be exploited or as military targets to be defeated. What this tells us is that the term "idiot savant" comes to mind when thinking of Hugh. Admittedly, that term applies only halfway to him, which is why I, not being one of the many mendacious nabobs of opportunism of this world, believe that Hugh obviously believes that he can absorb mana by devouring his critics' brains. Unfortunately for him, that's all in his imagination. Hugh needs to get out of that fictional world and get back to reality, where people can see that it has long been obvious to attentive observers that the dominant opinion of the day proclaims that he has let his pathetic nature get the better of him. But did you know that Hugh's insensate, complacent apothegms represent a thinly veiled attempt to fortify a social correctness that restricts experience and defines success with narrow boundaries? He doesn't want you to know that because he has conceived the project of reigning over opinions and of conquering neither kingdoms nor provinces but the human mind. If this project succeeds then the most homophobic rotters you'll ever see will be free to drive us into a state of apoplexy. Even worse, it will be illegal for anyone to say anything about how I cannot compromise with Hugh; he is without principles. I cannot reason with him; he is without reason. But I can warn him and with a warning he must truly take to heart: Hugh's stories about onanism are particularly ridden with errors and distortions, even leaving aside the concept's initial implausibility. In closing, please remember that my ultimate goal is to stand up and fight for our heritage, traditions, and values. If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jun 30, 2015, 6:04:13 PM6/30/15
D00d, yer haiku sucks.

xyzzy

Jun 30, 2015, 6:14:55 PM6/30/15
Scalia insult generator?

If not this could become the next generation Rooneybomb

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2015, 7:53:58 PM6/30/15
I thought it was a rooneybomb gone bad.

Futbol Phan

Jun 30, 2015, 11:47:20 PM6/30/15
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 1, 2015, 8:27:21 AM7/1/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Mercellus Bohren
<merce...@yahoo.com> wrote:

For you to spend so much time thinking and writing about me is very
complimentary. I'm sure pay for your time equalled the talent
displayed.

I will only respond to one statement you made because I quit reading
there.

>I will now cite the proof of that statement. The proof=
> begins with the observation that Hugh's favorite story seems to be that me=
>diocrity is a worthwhile goal.

That's not true even though mediocrity would be considerable
improvement for you.

Maybe you could give an example to keep from being a liar.

Hugh

Michael Press

Jul 2, 2015, 12:38:31 PM7/2/15
In article <e661a84e-fa6a-409d...@googlegroups.com>,