"ummm Mr Helton, you haven't signed that contract by chance yet have you....."

michael anderson

Dec 31, 2015, 10:08:35 AM12/31/15

Jesus christ, what initially looked to be a pathetic and embarrassing hire a little while ago now looks even worse. As I've said now several times, this hire even when it happened spoke to how the USC job is just not an elite one. Contrast the USC job search with the georgia job search(thats what a truly elite job looks like). Anyways, USC goes out and hires a dude who programs like Nichols State would likely say "eh, we'll pass as we think we can do a little better". Nichols State!!! And USC goes out and hires the dude.....

His team looks incredibly unprepared. USC fans(and their actual fans are becoming harder to find btw...one good place NOT to look is inside college football stadiums apparently....they have always had sort of a miami-lite feel to them). USC admin would be wise to shitcan this clown now and make as strong a play as they can for Chip Kelly(who wants to stay in the nfl but may not get that opportunity...you know he wants the titans job)

But jesus....even though they arent a program(due to some of their structural limitations) that can just go out and automatically get their #1 choice, the helton hire is a new level of ridiculous.

dnrapp

Dec 31, 2015, 3:33:46 PM12/31/15
Did you see the graphic they put up about all the assistant coaches who had different coaching responsibilities? basing a coach on just 1 bowl game is not smart, but then you have been doing that for a while now, re:Boise St

jsimpson

Dec 31, 2015, 6:16:54 PM12/31/15
In article <0a8d168c-cd1b-4587-81b2-
a80354...@googlegroups.com>
dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 7:08:35 AM UTC-8, michael anderson
> wrote:
>> Jesus christ, what initially looked to be a pathetic and
embarrassing
>> hir
> e a little while ago now looks even worse. As I've said now several
> times, this hire even when it happened spoke to how the USC job is
> just not an elite one. Contrast the USC job search with the georgia
> job search(thats what a truly elite job looks like). Anyways, USC
> goes out and hires a dude who programs like Nichols State would likely
> say "eh, we'll pass as we think we can do a little better". Nichols
> State!!! And USC goes out and hires the dude.....

I'm surprised they didn't offer the job to Jim Tomsula, snicker.

>> His team looks incredibly unprepared. USC fans(and their
actual fans
>> are
> becoming harder to find btw...one good place NOT to look is inside
> college football stadiums apparently....they have always had sort of
> a miami-lite feel to them). USC admin would be wise to shitcan this
> clown now and make as strong a play as they can for Chip Kelly(who
> wants to stay in the nfl but may not get that opportunity...you know
> he wants the titans job)
>>
>> But jesus....even though they arent a program(due to some of
their
>> struct
> ural limitations) that can just go out and automatically get their #1
> choice, the helton hire is a new level of ridiculous.
>
> Did you see the graphic they put up about all the assistant coaches
> who had different coaching responsibilities? basing a coach on just 1
> bowl game is not smart, but then you have been doing that for a while
> now, re:Boise St

They don't call USC University of Second Choice for nothing.

michael anderson

Jan 1, 2016, 11:48:43 AM1/1/16
lmao....regardless of that bowl game, the hire was a bust from the first second it was announced. Dude has already lost 4 football games just in his limited time there already. And regardless had they not looked like crap against Wisconsin, that doesn't change the fact that this was a guy NOBODY at any level wanted to throw a head coaching bone at.