Not willing to be upstaged by Hillary Clinton

Michael Press

May 27, 2017, 9:04:50 PM5/27/17
Not willing to be upstaged by Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden turns the outrage to eleven and
absolutely destroys populism and the current
intolerable state of affairs.

I give up, Joe. Show us some mercy and please stop.

<http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/27/biden-implies-trump-legitimized-hate-speech-rails-forces-populism/>
<http://tinyurl.com/yajkof52>

On Saturday, former Vice President Joe Biden railed against the
“disorienting” and “disheartening” “forces of populism” at home
and abroad and implied that Donald Trump legitimized “hate
speech” during the 2016 presidential election.

Speaking at Cornell University’s Convocation ceremony, Biden
conceded that “globalization has cost some” people their
livelihoods” and that is why the last election proved that
“playing to their fears rather than their hopes and better
angels” can still be a “powerful political tool.”

He spoke about the “the forces of populism not only here but
around the world” that called “to close our nation’s gates
against the challenges of a rapidly changing world.” Though he
said the rise of populism was “disorienting” and “disheartening,”
Biden argued that it was just a “temporary state of affairs.”

Biden then implied that Trump, in the last election, “churned up
some of the ugliest realities that still remain in our country”
along with the “coarsest rhetoric” and “darkest emotions.”

“I thought we had passed the days where it was acceptable for
political leaders at local and national levels to bestow
legitimacy on hate speech and fringe ideologies,” Biden said.

He said since the “world is changing so rapidly, there are a lot
of folks out there who both are afraid and susceptible to this
kind of negative appeal.”

“The immigrant, the minority, the transgender–anyone not like me
became a scapegoat,” Biden said, again taking swipes at Trump
without naming him. “Just build a wall. Keep Muslims from coming
into the United States.”

He also urged the graduating seniors to “fight the urge to build
a self-referential, self-reinforcing and self-righteous echo
chamber of yourself online.”

“Living in your screens encourages shallow and antiseptic
relationships that make it too easy to reduce the other to
stereotypes,” he said.

Last week, Biden, who may decide to run for president in 2020 and
would need strong support from black Democrats if he does indeed
make a run at the White House, echoed similar themes when he
addressed graduates of Morgan State University, a historically
black college.

Biden implied that Trump stoked “our darkest emotions” and added
that “we saw just how much of a grip racism and sexism has on
America” in the last election

“Even you were surprised that by the way racism was embraced as a
political tool on a national level,” Biden told the students at
the historically black college.

Biden told the audience that “black lives do matter” and “it has
to be said. I’m not being solicitous.”

The former vice president said last week that racism “is still
deeply embedded in our culture” and spoke about racism in police
departments, education, housing, and the hiring process.

“No one has to tell you about the daily indignities of
discrimination,” Biden said, telling the graduates that he knew
they lived it in “subtle ways.”

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 28, 2017, 7:21:08 AM5/28/17
On Sat, 27 May 2017 18:04:48 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>Not willing to be upstaged by Hillary Clinton
>Joe Biden turns the outrage to eleven and
>absolutely destroys populism and the current
>intolerable state of affairs.
>
>I give up, Joe. Show us some mercy and please stop.

Hussein Obama, Joe Plagiarist and Hillary Loser caused me to
reconsider the possibility that God created failures.

I finally decided that He did not - He allowed us free will. But it
certainly appered to be compelling evidence because they are so good
at it.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com