I think somebody made a mistake with the 2017 schedule...

The NOTBCS Guy

Mar 29, 2017, 11:57:47 AM3/29/17
Apparently, there's an SEC team playing an away game at a Pac-12 school. Imagine the trend that could set if that was actually happening.

Oh wait, it's "only" Ole Miss at Cal.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Mar 29, 2017, 12:50:40 PM3/29/17
That was not unusual in the Rose Bowl before Bama was barred from
playing there because they won too often.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

unclejr

Mar 29, 2017, 1:06:05 PM3/29/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 11:50:40 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:57:44 -0700 (PDT), The NOTBCS Guy
> <don.p.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Apparently, there's an SEC team playing an away game at a Pac-12 school. Imagine the trend that could set if that was actually happening.
> >
> >Oh wait, it's "only" Ole Miss at Cal.
>
> That was not unusual in the Rose Bowl before Bama was barred from
> playing there because they won too often.

This is revisionist history. Alabama was not invited to the Rose Bowl because its teams up into the early 1970s were not racially integrated.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Mar 29, 2017, 4:16:01 PM3/29/17
Good point. If Bama had been integrated the scores would have been
even more lopsided. The recent Bama vs. USC game would confirm that.

Futbol Phan

Mar 29, 2017, 4:32:17 PM3/29/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 11:50:40 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:57:44 -0700 (PDT), The NOTBCS Guy
> <don.p.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Apparently, there's an SEC team playing an away game at a Pac-12 school. Imagine the trend that could set if that was actually happening.
> >
> >Oh wait, it's "only" Ole Miss at Cal.
>
> That was not unusual in the Rose Bowl before Bama was barred from
> playing there because they won too often.
>
> Hugh

You're probably old enough to remember how Bama even came to play in the Rose Bowl in the first place. Michigan so humiliated Stanford in the first Rose Bowl (49-0, but that is deceptive, because Stanford QUIT in the third quarter) that they abandoned the game for a number of years: "The game was so lopsided that for the next 13 years, the Tournament of Roses officials ran chariot races, ostrich races, and other various events instead of football".

Once they decided to give up on the ostrich races, they didn't dare invite the winningest team of all time back, so that opened the door for lesser teams like Bama to step in and allow for a competitive game.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2017, 4:52:10 PM3/29/17
(Checks Auburns schedule)

Nope. No Chickenous Pac-xx teams coming to Jordan Hare.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Mar 29, 2017, 5:50:38 PM3/29/17
On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:32:16 -0700 (PDT), Futbol Phan
<sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You're probably old enough to remember how Bama even came to play in the Ro=
>se Bowl in the first place. Michigan so humiliated Stanford in the first R=
>ose Bowl (49-0, but that is deceptive, because Stanford QUIT in the third q=
>uarter) that they abandoned the game for a number of years: "The game was s=
>o lopsided that for the next 13 years, the Tournament of Roses officials ra=
>n chariot races, ostrich races, and other various events instead of footbal=
>l".
>
>Once they decided to give up on the ostrich races, they didn't dare invite =
>the winningest team of all time back, so that opened the door for lesser te=
>ams like Bama to step in and allow for a competitive game.

Before the first of Bama's 4 HoF coaches came in 1923 there is no
argument that Michigan was the superior football team in the country -
and Dr. Ravelli had one of the best bands.

No one had ever heard of Tuscaloosa back then. In 1945, the year
before I enrolled there were, as I recall about 12,000 students - WWII
vets swelled the enrollment to about 18,000 in 1946, again as I
recall.

I forget how many National Championships UM has - perhaps you could
refresh my memory. Everybody knows how many Bama has - or can spin it
as they wish.

You opened the door to lesser teams but you sure didn't get what you
wished for. You should have been more careful.

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 1:30:47 AM3/30/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 3:52:10 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> (Checks Auburns schedule)
>
> Nope. No Chickenous Pac-xx teams coming to Jordan Hare.

Yeah, cuz the last time it happened, Auburn looked so brave (particularly Auburn OL Monreko Crittenden!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbqLwbfu2M

I never tire of this video.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 7:23:15 AM3/30/17
Oh. So, now we're talking about the past? Are those goalposts on wheels are do you actually dig them up to move them?

HAY EVURBOTTY!!

A PROFESSIONAL CALIFORNIA"S FOOTBALLTEAM BEAT AN AMATEUR AUBURN TEAM A LONG TIME AGO!!

IT WAS GLORIOUS UNTIL THE EVUL IN SEE DOUBLE AYE STARTED SNOOPING AROUND AND OUR CHEATER COACH RAN TO A LEAGUE WHERE ITS OKAY TO PAY PLAYERS!!!

dnrapp

Mar 30, 2017, 8:56:05 AM3/30/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 8:57:47 AM UTC-7, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> Apparently, there's an SEC team playing an away game at a Pac-12 school. Imagine the trend that could set if that was actually happening.
>
> Oh wait, it's "only" Ole Miss at Cal.

You missed A&M playing at UCLA

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 11:33:45 AM3/30/17
Now, you're just being a bitter, ignorant douchebag. It's really an ugly side of your persona. You should really try to clean that up sometime.

AFAIK, USC never played *any* of those players to play football, which of course includes Reggie Bush. I don't deny that Reggie Bush was ineligible for the 2005 season, but USC never paid him a dime outside of his athletic scholarship; two fledgling agents, one of which was a childhood friend to Reggie's stepdad, did.

BTW, the USC at Auburn game was 2003, not 2005. So, what you have to say is moot. And I still never tire of that video!

Finally, Pete Carroll was not censured and/or given a show cause in the NCAA COI Report. Had he wanted to stay and coach USC in 2010, he surely would have.

HTH.

michael anderson

Mar 30, 2017, 12:22:00 PM3/30/17
On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 12:30:47 AM UTC-5, unclejr wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 3:52:10 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > (Checks Auburns schedule)
> >
> > Nope. No Chickenous Pac-xx teams coming to Jordan Hare.
>
> Yeah, cuz the last time it happened, Auburn looked so brave (particularly Auburn OL Monreko Crittenden!).

ummm no...thats not the last time it happened. The last time it happened was just a few years ago, and auburn won that game.

JGibson

Mar 30, 2017, 12:54:32 PM3/30/17
When is Auburn playing the return game in Pullman?

RoddyMcCorley

Mar 30, 2017, 1:06:33 PM3/30/17
One of the most despicable displays of poor sportsmanship was Auburn's
Pat Dye going for a tie in the Sugar Bowl against an undefeated Syracuse
team.

FUCK YOU PAT DYE!

--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.

michael anderson

Mar 30, 2017, 1:41:31 PM3/30/17
when washington state becomes a worthy enough opponent to deserve home games against good programs.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 2:17:55 PM3/30/17
Would you like to buy a tie?
Sincerely,
Pat

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 2:18:15 PM3/30/17
Bitter?

Me?

plai...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 3:33:14 PM3/30/17
Also, Auburn is scheduled to play at Cal in 2023.

Why do I get the feeling that the SEC sees Cal as a cupcake?

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 3:56:49 PM3/30/17
A list of PAC xx BCS/CFP championships

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 4:01:14 PM3/30/17
Whose fault is it that Cal is a Patsy?

You guys should come play Kentucky and Vandy. Well, maybe Vandy, since U.K. Is undefeated against the PACxx.

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 6:11:25 PM3/30/17
On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 2:56:49 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> A list of PAC xx BCS/CFP championships

Look it up for yourself.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 6:13:47 PM3/30/17
On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 3:01:14 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Whose fault is it that Cal is a Patsy?
>
> You guys should come play Kentucky and Vandy. Well, maybe Vandy, since U.K. Is undefeated against the PACxx.

And USC is undefeated vs Kentucky in **basketball**. Like your statistic, it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things; the sample size is way too low.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 10:24:14 PM3/30/17
Sorry. I missed that half championship.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 10:26:23 PM3/30/17
Basketball?

How many goalposts do you have?

What's next? Number of schools west of the Mississippi?

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 10:58:51 PM3/30/17
Sure. Why not?

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 10:59:31 PM3/30/17
On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 9:24:14 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Sorry. I missed that half championship.

According to the NCAA's actual site, it's 1.5 championships.

Thanks for playing.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 11:24:04 PM3/30/17
Surely you aren't including the BCS Championship stripped from the semi pro team Chea...sorry, I mean (one) Pete Carroll fielded?

Because, if you are, USC doesn't have a 2004 championship.

Oh yeah, what is it you guys like to say?

HTH?

unclejr

Mar 30, 2017, 11:41:19 PM3/30/17
Look at the official NCAA site. Is it listed there or not? Do you know how to read a simple table?

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2017, 6:34:52 AM3/31/17
Look at the sentence I wrote.

Do you know how to read simple words?

unclejr

Mar 31, 2017, 2:02:23 PM3/31/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5:34:52 AM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Look at the sentence I wrote.
>
> Do you know how to read simple words?

I sure did. You said, "Because, if you are, USC doesn't have a 2004 championship."

Look at the official NCAA website. It's right there... official and all for 2004.

Yes, RIF! And you are having a difficult time with it lately.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2017, 2:27:52 PM3/31/17
Here, let me help you with that.

"A list of PAC xx BCS/CFP championships"

It slowly.

Mouth the words if you must.

Yes, reading IS fundamental.

unclejr

Mar 31, 2017, 3:58:01 PM3/31/17
And my link from the official NCAA website shows there there are 1.5 during the BCS/CFP era, a share of the championship in 2003 and the whole thing in 2004.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Maybe, you're confused by the entrances in 2003 and 2004. You see, "Southern California" is a member of the Pac-10/12.

I just educated you for free. You're welcome.

agavi...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2017, 4:56:03 PM3/31/17
Maybe you're a moron that can't figure out what BCS/CFP means.

Could you be any dumber?

unclejr

Mar 31, 2017, 5:11:22 PM3/31/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 3:56:03 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Maybe you're a moron that can't figure out what BCS/CFP means.
>
> Could you be any dumber?

Yes. I'd be you.

pavlove...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2017, 9:13:15 PM4/2/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 8:57:47 AM UTC-7, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> Apparently, there's an SEC team playing an away game at a Pac-12 school. Imagine the trend that could set if that was actually happening.
>
> Oh wait, it's "only" Ole Miss at Cal.

Ole Miss is the same school that scheduled a basketball game with Illinois State over Twitter after the Illinois State coach complained about not being able to toughen his schedule. So, yeah.

--
Carl Banks