Is the SEC even at .500 this year

Futbol Phan

Nov 30, 2014, 2:08:15 AM11/30/14
in their OOC games against Big5 conference teams?

Let's see. Wins:
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Clemson
Texas Tech
Kansas State
That's 5

And the losses:
Indiana
Oklahoma
Georgia
Clemson
Florida State
Louisville
Looks like 6.

Ouch-- 5-6 this season.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Nov 30, 2014, 8:20:14 AM11/30/14
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 1:08:15 AM UTC-6, Futbol Phan wrote:
> in their OOC games against Big5 conference teams?
>
> Let's see. Wins:
> West Virginia
> Wisconsin
> Clemson
> Texas Tech
> Kansas State
> That's 5
>

> And the losses:
> Indiana
> Oklahoma
> Georgia Tech
> Clemson
> Florida State
> Louisville
> Looks like 6.
>

> Ouch-- 5-6 this season.

That's interesting....btw, IFYPFY since you had Tech difficulties....

What are the other 4 conferences like? Have that handy?

I know the ACC has at least 6 ooc wins - y'day's 4 and then VTech over tOSU and FSU over Okie (Leaving ND out of it for now) Gotta think the Biggest ten would be right at the bottom tho - IU's is perhaps the only signature OOC win? ODL

'twas a bad, bad day for the SEC East y'day

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 30, 2014, 9:49:00 AM11/30/14
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 23:08:14 -0800 (PST), Futbol Phan
<sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>in their OOC games against Big5 conference teams?

You don't need a straw for your drink, you need one to grasp (at)!

Hugh

Futbol Phan

Nov 30, 2014, 3:00:53 PM11/30/14
Was there something incorrect with the information I showed? Didn't think so.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 30, 2014, 4:35:10 PM11/30/14
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:00:52 -0800 (PST), Futbol Phan
<sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:49:00 AM UTC-6, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 23:08:14 -0800 (PST), Futbol Phan
>> <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >in their OOC games against Big5 conference teams?
>>
>> You don't need a straw for your drink, you need one to grasp (at)!
>>
>> Hugh
>
>Was there something incorrect with the information I showed? Didn't think so.

I didn't say you were incorrect, you just don't have a point. There
are 6-7 pretty good teams and the rest are what fills the Thanksgiving
turkey.

Hugh

Futbol Phan

Nov 30, 2014, 6:22:31 PM11/30/14
True. And the main reason that the SEC as a whole has a losing record against the Big5 is because those 6-7 pretty good teams rarely play even a single decent OOC opponent.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 30, 2014, 7:09:30 PM11/30/14
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:22:30 -0800 (PST), Futbol Phan
<sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 30, 2014 3:35:10 PM UTC-6, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:00:52 -0800 (PST), Futbol Phan
>> <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Was there something incorrect with the information I showed? Didn't think so.
>>
>> I didn't say you were incorrect, you just don't have a point. There
>> are 6-7 pretty good teams and the rest are what fills the Thanksgiving
>> turkey.
>>
>> Hugh
>
>True. And the main reason that the SEC as a whole has a losing record against the Big5 is because those 6-7 pretty good teams rarely play even a single decent OOC opponent.

Check the last 5 MNCs and Bama's Rose Bowl record, plus Bama's opening
games the last few seasons and get back to me.

Hugh

RoddyMcCorley

Nov 30, 2014, 8:24:01 PM11/30/14
The point is?
The SEC winners are virtually all out of the west. The SEC losers are
out of the SEC east, which is having a pretty down year.I would say the
only real embarrassing loss is Mizzou to Indiana. That's a hard one to
explain.

Note that, with the exception of the Hoosiers, the teams the east lost
to are perennial powers in their respective leagues.

--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 1, 2014, 9:46:00 AM12/1/14
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:24:07 -0500, RoddyMcCorley
<Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On 11/30/2014 2:08 AM, Futbol Phan wrote:

>The point is?

The cap on his head.

>The SEC winners are virtually all out of the west. The SEC losers are
>out of the SEC east, which is having a pretty down year.I would say the
>only real embarrassing loss is Mizzou to Indiana. That's a hard one to
>explain.
>
>Note that, with the exception of the Hoosiers, the teams the east lost
>to are perennial powers in their respective leagues.

Unless you are an acorn in a windstorm Futbol Phan will not be looking
for you (or me).

He's trying to compare 1 team in the PAC and 1 team in the Big Tiny
with the SEC East. We should not expect more of him.

The legislated equality by the NCAA has changed the football world.
Suddenly Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, USC and Texas can have
mediocre (for them) seasons - and cause coaching changes. It has
allowed teams no one ever heard of like Oregon, Baylor and Clemson to
have some good seasons.

Any one of several teams can be the National Champ this year. I like
it when one team is clearly superior even if not Bama.

Hugh

Futbol Phan

Dec 1, 2014, 4:37:17 PM12/1/14
The point is exactly what you just wrote. A few of the SEC East teams seems willing to play some decent competition despite their overall mediocrity. As a result they lose many of the games. The Mighty SEC West OTOH tends to play mostly non-Big5 patsies mixed in with a few so-so teams from the Big5.

xyzzy

Dec 1, 2014, 7:27:37 PM12/1/14
ACC in Power 5 OOC games this season:

Wins:
OKST
ND (2)
Florida
South Carolina
Kentucky
U$C
UGA (vs GT)
Kansas
tOSU

Losses:
UGA (vs. Clemson)
Maryland
ND (2)
Iowa
Nebraska
UCLA

10-7 vs power 5 teams OOC.
4-1 vs the SEC

Thank you SEC, for giving the ACC a winning record against power 5 conference teams!

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 1, 2014, 11:31:53 PM12/1/14
On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:37:15 -0800 (PST), Futbol Phan
<sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Mighty SEC West OTOH tends =
>to play mostly non-Big5 patsies

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Year Matchup
2007 Florida 41, Ohio State 14
2008 LSU 38, Ohio State 24
2009 Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
2010 Alabama 37, Texas 21
2011 Auburn 22, Oregon 19
2012 Alabama 21, LSU 0
2013 Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
2014 Florida State, Auburn

Lets see now 5 SEC West wins plus 2 SEC East wins. That's 7 wins in 8
years in the game that matters. .875 is a pretty good winning
percentage. Of course you are not familiar with numbers in that
vicinity.

And you might not want to review the season openers by Bama vs. Big 5
teams. I believe Bama has a big ZERO - that's losses of course.

If ya wanna talk swill vs. swill go to pigfarmer.com

Hugh